hey my throughts about portmouth game

B4ev6is

Would it help if I write IMO at the start of every sentence?

IMO S.Davies doesn't move alot. IMO we play better with a front 3. IMO Maguire has better ballcontrol and intelligence than S.D. IMO B.Davies doesn't offer too much during open play.. IMO.. 4-4-2 isn't a successful formation unless you have mobile strikers. IMO Barker is overrated and an average NPC CB. IMO Tyson is a waste of money. IMO Croft limits Brayfords play when played at RW. IMO we'll finish midtable this season. IMO we're very negative with 10 minutes remaining in games.

Better or not?

hillarious.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it help if I write IMO at the start of every sentence?

IMO S.Davies doesn't move alot. IMO we play better with a front 3. IMO Maguire has better ballcontrol and intelligence than S.D. IMO B.Davies doesn't offer too much during open play.. IMO.. 4-4-2 isn't a successful formation unless you have mobile strikers. IMO Barker is overrated and an average NPC CB. IMO Tyson is a waste of money. IMO Croft limits Brayfords play when played at RW. IMO we'll finish midtable this season. IMO we're very negative with 10 minutes remaining in games.

Better or not?

I actually agree with everything here.

please let's do go through this again...

or is it too uncomfortable to have your views challenged?

What do you want to say?

I can't say that Lewis Hamilton isn't a good driver because I don't travel all over the world to get my 3 seconds of fame when he zooms past me down the home straight?

I'd give up with sports alltogether if I couldn't form opinions or have credible opinions because I've only seen them on the telly..

Mike Tyson, Roger Federer, Lewis Hamilton, Ronnie O'Sullavan, Lionel Messi, Tiger Woods.. Damn, if only I saw these guys live to appreciate how good they were.. My TV must have been lying to me all this time, as when Tiger Woods steps up his golf stance, his arse wriggles that extra bit more live, it takes your breath away!

I'm all up for debating football but that comment is just ridiculous

well i disagree in what you are saying i think that derby can still finnish in the top 2 if not top 3 come end of the season, i think 442 works because it gives the strikers something to feed off, and with jamie ward just behind front 2 worked well, as he was able drift around and go on the wing but also supporting the strikers and making things happen, and we still have players to come back as for paul green chris riggort, david martin but i still we need a player who can link the play and can really hit free kicks, one thing we do argee on his ben davies he does not cut it at this level.

I'm still amused by the fact you think you can judge players as well by watching on tv as watching them in the flesh.

You are quite simply wrong. NC sent 6 different people to Scotland to watch Bryson. Kilmarnock have streams, so why bother?

People have argued and debated players and tactics since football began.

Its all about opinions and the way you see things. Personally I think Ben Davies is a good team player, works hard and is capable of creating goals. He lacks the pace to be any better, but right now, he's doing a decent job for us.

He always keeps the shape, gets back to where he should be and maybe its that stuff that you can't always see on TV.

What do you want to say?

I can't say that Lewis Hamilton isn't a good driver because I don't travel all over the world to get my 3 seconds of fame when he zooms past me down the home straight?

I'd give up with sports alltogether if I couldn't form opinions or have credible opinions because I've only seen them on the telly..

Mike Tyson, Roger Federer, Lewis Hamilton, Ronnie O'Sullavan, Lionel Messi, Tiger Woods.. Damn, if only I saw these guys live to appreciate how good they were.. My TV must have been lying to me all this time, as when Tiger Woods steps up his golf stance, his arse wriggles that extra bit more live, it takes your breath away!

I'm all up for debating football but that comment is just ridiculous

bris - that's not what is being said.

People have argued and debated players and tactics since football began.

Its all about opinions and the way you see things. Personally I think Ben Davies is a good team player, works hard and is capable of creating goals. He lacks the pace to be any better, but right now, he's doing a decent job for us.

He always keeps the shape, gets back to where he should be and maybe its that stuff that you can't always see on TV.

i agree - infact you could argue he sums up the clough team ethic and why we are no longer a push over.

i think ramnut had him rated as our worst player on sat - no problem with that hes prob right - and that shows how well the others played and the fact that one of BD strengths is to contribute in a way that is less glamorous than just assists.

I'm still amused by the fact you think you can judge players as well by watching on tv as watching them in the flesh.

You are quite simply wrong. NC sent 6 different people to Scotland to watch Bryson. Kilmarnock have streams, so why bother?

should have sent bris -and asked bryson if he preferred playing in a midfield three. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

(sorry bris.)

I don't know why he sent 6 people to watch Bryson..

Why didn't Jim Smith send people to Costa Rica looking at Wanchope.. He surely couldn't have decided whether he was a good player through the telly..

I'm not simply wrong..

In fact Brendan Rodgers watches every Barca game looking at player movement, tactics, positioning, ball retention everything.. He has all the DVDs.. Yet why does he do this? His opinion is all wrong, he can only get a decent opnion if he goes to the Nou Camp with a flask of coffee and a Spanish Omlette and watch there.. Oh, he might also need his binoculas..

I don't know why he sent 6 people to watch Bryson..

Why didn't Jim Smith send people to Costa Rica looking at Wanchope.. He surely couldn't have decided whether he was a good player through the telly..

I'm not simply wrong..

In fact Brendan Rodgers watches every Barca game looking at player movement, tactics, positioning, ball retention everything.. He has all the DVDs.. Yet why does he do this? His opinion is all wrong, he can only get a decent opnion if he goes to the Nou Camp with a flask of coffee and a Spanish Omlette and watch there.. Oh, he might also need his binoculas..

is it because rogers can't get to every game?

like you.

theres one player i would really like to see in derby county shirt is rob wallace from burnley and he scored a good free kick, and i think he scored against twice last season, from set peavies one thing i do like about he links the play well for them, and that is something we have been missing in midfield now for years.

Sending Gary Crosby to Costa Rica is hardly viable. Brendan Rogers can't get a season ticket for Barcelona as it would clash with his day job.

If it's a viable option, managers and scouts go to watch players. Why do they do that? Is it for the pies?

Why don't you take a coaching course in Mexico?

is it because rogers can't get to every game?

like you.

But why does he do it?

His opinions surely can't be accurate because the lense has a different viewpoint to those in the stadium, and the lense only zooms in on the player with the ball so you can't see the movemnt of others..

I mean, it's not like they have bird high cameras at stadiums to cover a 40 metre cirumference of the pitch is it? The only thing I can't see when a player has the ball anywhere on the pitch is the positioning of the goalkeeper and his actions.. And to be honest, the thought of Victor Valdes picking his teeth and kicking the post hardly gives Brendan Rodgers or any other follower a lack of information about the football.

Sending Gary Crosby to Costa Rica is hardly viable. Brendan Rogers can't get a season ticket for Barcelona as it would clash with his day job.

If it's a viable option, managers and scouts go to watch players. Why do they do that? Is it for the pies?

Why don't you take a coaching course in Mexico?

Barca play at night, usually 9pm.. Or on Sundays.. He could easily make it there, with an hour to spare..

I would but there isn't a football team in the part of the country where I live..

Archived