Draws

Bris Vegas

Saying Hendrick has better technique than Huddlestone is one of the most ridiculous things i've read on this board. On technique alone Huddlestone isnt far behind the very best in the world, his first touch, passing and ball striking technique is incredible. Hendrick will never be in the same league as Huddlestone in that respect.

To say Huddlestone is just a squad player at Spurs is another lie, he was a regular last season when he wasnt injured and even captained the side against Inter Milan. Redknapp rates him very highly and he didnt sign a contract extension long ago, he's only 24 and hasnt even reached his peak.

If Huddlestone was quick he'd be one of the best players in the world imo.

Another one who fails to read the posts correctly. I've never said he has better technique, its because Tom has such good technique that he has done what he has. However he does have limitations and in spite of what you say he has never been a main player at Spurs.

Hendrick has every asset a midfielder needs.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one who fails to read the posts correctly. I've never said he has better technique, its because Tom has such good technique that he has done what he has. However he does have limitations and in spite of what you say he has never been a main player at Spurs.

Hendrick has every asset a midfielder needs.

He is a main player at Spurs, Redknapp making him captain for a Champions League game against Inter Milan squashes your argument, he wouldnt make Sandro or Livermore captain, they are squad players, Huddlestone was a regular starter last season.

However he does have limitations and in spite of what you say he has never been a main player at Spurs.

Not going to bother commenting on anything else, but that just isn't true. He'd be one of the 1st on the teamsheet if fit at the moment.

Not going to bother commenting on anything else, but that just isn't true. He'd be one of the 1st on the teamsheet if fit at the moment.

So he would pick him above Parker or Modric on a regular basis, I think not.

So he would pick him above Parker or Modric on a regular basis, I think not.

He has played around 200 games in all competetions in 6 seasons and if you take into account his loan at wolves and his injuries that equates to around 5 seasons which is about 40 a season, not bad for a bit player

He has played around 200 games in all competetions in 6 seasons and if you take into account his loan at wolves and his injuries that equates to around 5 seasons which is about 40 a season, not bad for a bit player

A bit less than that actually, although looking at his record he did play the majority of games in 09/10 season, so he was first pick in that year.

Personally I think Huddlestone is WAY better than Parker, who has to be the most overrated player in English fooball!

I agree with that but I think Tom may struggle to get back in when he is fit, unless Modric gets sold.

I agree with that but I think Tom may struggle to get back in when he is fit, unless Modric gets sold.

The amount of games Spurs play and the injuries they get he'll never have a regular starting midfield. Plus he might play 5 in midfield in which case Huddlestone would start.

Who on our books is a better midfielder. I don't see anybody.

My information is that it was the physical demands not ability that was the question mark but he has developed so much physically over the close season that Nigel was happy to give him his chance. Which he has grabbed with both hands.

Sorry for the late reply. Finished work that afternoon and i don't log on at home because I have a life...

Bailey, Bryson & Ben Davies are better midfielders than Hendrick. And before you say Davies doesn't count cus he's a wide player he isn't, he's played a lot of games for Notts County in the centre and is more than capable of doing so.

And yes, I have played in midfield, at a decent standard (Central Midlands League) so I can spot a decent one when i see one. Hendrick is good for a 19 year old but we all know that if the board had freed up the funds for John Eustace's wages he would not have started as many games as he has. It's simply a case of needs must at the moment and once Bailey & Green are fit again be picking splitters out of his arse on the bench...

I am not just talking about this season. In general Tom has been a squad player at Tottenham he is a good player and has had some good spells for them but has never been one of their main men.

Sorry but you're wrong. Huddlestone is one of the first names on the team sheet at Spurs if fit. He hardly missed a single game for Spurs in the last two seasons. He is very, very highly regarded hence a call up to the provisional world cup squad.

Their is no better passer of the ball in the English game.

Archived