Draws

Bris Vegas

Bris Vegas one game springs to mind Derby V WBA two seasons ago. We were awesome winning 1-0 for a long time then they scored two and we were losing 2-1 going into last couple of minutes of injury time. My bro was on the way home when I shouted him to stop as we were on the attack and DJ Campbell stuck a header in to make it 2-2.

On Saturday as the commentators said up until the whistle at the end of the game the win could of gone to either side.

I can't believe that our best start for 40yrs leads to such pathetic threads being created. Its staggering.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bris Vegas one game springs to mind Derby V WBA two seasons ago. We were awesome winning 1-0 for a long time then they scored two and we were losing 2-1 going into last couple of minutes of injury time. My bro was on the way home when I shouted him to stop as we were on the attack and DJ Campbell stuck a header in to make it 2-2.

On Saturday as the commentators said up until the whistle at the end of the game the win could of gone to either side.

I can't believe that our best start for 40yrs leads to such pathetic threads being created. Its staggering.

That game was over two yars ago? crikey a very long time..

Do you know about an away game? I think we'd be stretching back to BDs seasons..

Why is this a pathetic thread? Someone mentioned draws as a good run, I disagree entirely, you don't take confidence from going on long winless runs.. So taking 11 draws over 4 wins and 7 defeats is barmy..

I'd be disappointed, travelling away, knowing that if the game reached 80 minutes we have 0% chance of getting the 3 points because we simply make 0% effort of winning the game..

Also, whats with the negative responses? Did people even read the point of my thread?

Win at home and draw away and you would be somewhere up there

if in the PL around 3rd or 4th.. 76 points won't win you the league, unless you're Man Utd..

In the NPC you'd get 92 points which would win your promotion fair point, but the chances of winning all your home games is minimal..

Why is this a pathetic thread? Someone mentioned draws as a good run, I disagree entirely, you don't take confidence from going on long winless runs.. So taking 11 draws over 4 wins and 7 defeats is barmy..

I'd be disappointed, travelling away, knowing that if the game reached 80 minutes we have 0% chance of getting the 3 points because we simply make 0% effort of winning the game..

Also, whats with the negative responses? Did people even read the point of my thread?

Bris, you are the glass half empty brigade here. Achieving draws away from home will boost our confidence. The players will gain belief in themselves that they can go to the likes of Reading and get a result. An unbeaten run boosts confidence just as a winning run does.

We have many young players. Many players who shouldn't really be in the side. Do you really think our B team is good enough to have belief they can win a game away from home? When we have a full squad to choose from we can start playing with more fluidity and perhaps create a chance or two but until then, let's just keep on doing what we are doing.

We are on a great run again after defeat at Leicester. Unbeaten against the runaway leaders of the division and a team unbeaten at home in 5. All that with a patched up team that cost little more than a hot tea cake and a cup of tea.

well i was at the soton game and we were trying to win it at the end. so stick with the draws - it's all we got.

I'd agree with that - the radio commentary I've heard has had the lads really digging in the best they could for the last 10 mins or so. Theo I think has been singled out for constantly running and trying to make something of it.

That's where I think this season, from what I've seen, is very different to what we've had in the past. Heads are only going down a bit now due to tiredness and not from a sense of impending defeat. Tis good to see.

Disappointed by a draw? No, not at all. I'd much sooner take a draw than see us get hammered off the pitch.

Bris, you are the glass half empty brigade here. Achieving draws away from home will boost our confidence. The players will gain belief in themselves that they can go to the likes of Reading and get a result. An unbeaten run boosts confidence just as a winning run does.

We have many young players. Many players who shouldn't really be in the side. Do you really think our B team is good enough to have belief they can win a game away from home? When we have a full squad to choose from we can start playing with more fluidity and perhaps create a chance or two but until then, let's just keep on doing what we are doing.

We are on a great run again after defeat at Leicester. Unbeaten against the runaway leaders of the division and a team unbeaten at home in 5. All that with a patched up team that cost little more than a hot tea cake and a cup of tea.

Glass half empty?

I'm the one wanting us to attempt to push for a winner, not the one who is screaming out for the final whistle and hiding like a little girl when 5 minutes added time are shown up on the board..

Did you see the match thread? Some of the comments were embarassingly funny, I know we have a depleted squad, but we weren't playing away at Old Trafford.. In fact we were playing away at a team who has won 1 home game all season and that has already suffered home losses to the likes of Barnsley and Watford..

I can accept a draw, gladly, if we've played to win it in the last 10 minutes.. I am however, disappointed, that we didn't even make an attempt to win it nor have we done away from home under NCs reign.. The fact we haven't struck a last minute equalizer/winner under him away from home speaks volumns..

I see myself as a glass half full, when the last 10 minutes approach, and we're drawing, I want an extra 10 minutes added time so we can look for a winner.. Not beg for a final whilstle and hope that one of our strikers can knock it in the corner.. I'd feel cheated paying money for an away ticket to see us attempt a draw at 80 mins plus away at a feckin NPC side.. All my opinion of course.

I am however, disappointed, that we didn't even make an attempt to win it nor have we done away from home under NCs reign.

I think it's this part why no-one is agreeing with you. We don't agree with what your basing all this on.

If that was true then I, and many others, would probably be thinking similar things.

Glass half empty?

I'm the one wanting us to attempt to push for a winner, not the one who is screaming out for the final whistle and hiding like a little girl when 5 minutes added time are shown up on the board..

Did you see the match thread? Some of the comments were embarassingly funny, I know we have a depleted squad, but we weren't playing away at Old Trafford.. In fact we were playing away at a team who has won 1 home game all season and that has already suffered home losses to the likes of Barnsley and Watford..

I can accept a draw, gladly, if we've played to win it in the last 10 minutes.. I am however, disappointed, that we didn't even make an attempt to win it nor have we done away from home under NCs reign.. The fact we haven't struck a last minute equalizer/winner under him away from home speaks volumns..

I see myself as a glass half full, when the last 10 minutes approach, and we're drawing, I want an extra 10 minutes added time so we can look for a winner.. Not beg for a final whilstle and hope that one of our strikers can knock it in the corner.. I'd feel cheated paying money for an away ticket to see us attempt a draw at 80 mins plus away at a feckin NPC side.. All my opinion of course.

How on earth can you try and win a game when the opposition is comfortably better than you and they (as the home team) are attacking in waves.

No, we're not playing Man Utd here but the analogy is not too different. We're way behind so many teams in this division and a draw is about the best we can hope for. The alternative really is to go for the win and we will lose. I repeat, we will lose. We are not good enough with this playing staff to win away at the likes of Reading.

You say we're "hiding like little girls". Really!! I would say that we are defending valiently, risking life and limb to try and prevent that ball going into our net.

I am proud of our boys at the moment. What a shame some fans are comparing us to scared little girls.

I think it's this part why no-one is agreeing with you. We don't agree with what your basing all this on.

If that was true then I, and many others, would probably be thinking similar things.

Find me a league game under NC where we have won away from home by scoring in the last 10 minutes.. I just can't find one, I just can't accept the concept of not trying to win a football match when in a drawing position at 80 minutes..

Let's also bear in mind that over the past few seasons we've had a miserable away record so I'm not all surprised Nigel, his staff, the players and (a majority) of fans are happy staying solid in the dying minutes of away games and picking up actual points for their collective efforts. This isn't ice skating, we don't get points for artistic interpretation or style we get points for stopping opposition scoring more goals than we do. We do that and it's considered a good nights work...

How on earth can you try and win a game when the opposition is comfortably better than you and they (as the home team) are attacking in waves.

No, we're not playing Man Utd here but the analogy is not too different. We're way behind so many teams in this division and a draw is about the best we can hope for. The alternative really is to go for the win and we will lose. I repeat, we will lose. We are not good enough with this playing staff to win away at the likes of Reading.

You say we're "hiding like little girls". Really!! I would say that we are defending valiently, risking life and limb to try and prevent that ball going into our net.

I am proud of our boys at the moment. What a shame some fans are comparing us to scared little girls.

Reading were so much better than us? Currently they're 15th.. Did Millwall, Barnsley and Watford think the same when they went to the Madejski and take points off them..

There is more chance of conceding a goal in the last 10 minutes trying to defend a draw/lead than conceding looking for another.. Proof? Take a look at our results last season. If we attempt to put Reading (e.g.) on the back foot in the last 10 minutes we wouldn't have to ride out a 10 minute storm of waves and waves of attacks..

I'm dumbfounded, astounded, mystified that people merely accept that we are a 3rd rate NPC side who should be clingling on for dear life and begging for the final whilstle to claim a mesely 1 point away at team currently in the bottom half of the championship.. Seriously how negative are you guys? If you don't take a chance, you don't get anywhere..

I'm dumbfounded, astounded, mystified that people merely accept that we are a 3rd rate NPC side who should be clingling on for dear life and begging for the final whilstle to claim a mesely 1 point away at team currently in the bottom half of the championship.. Seriously how negative are you guys? If you don't take a chance, you don't get anywhere..

With a fully fit squad I would agree with you (although I maintain a point at Reading is a good result what ever the team). To get any kind of result with the current playing staff IMO is nothing short of miraculous. 99% of fans said we would lose last night. Most thought we'd get hammered.

Were you at the game last night? How are you so sure we didn't have a go. Maybe we did but just couldn't get the ball out of our own half. I'm sure Nigel doesn't send the team out with backsides raised saying "please insert your weapons here". We are playing as well as we can. Can you not accept this?

With a fully fit squad I would agree with you (although I maintain a point at Reading is a good result what ever the team). To get any kind of result with the current playing staff IMO is nothing short of miraculous. 99% of fans said we would lose last night. Most thought we'd get hammered.

Were you at the game last night? How are you so sure we didn't have a go. Maybe we did but just couldn't get the ball out of our own half. I'm sure Nigel doesn't send the team out with backsides raised saying "please insert your weapons here". We are playing as well as we can. Can you not accept this?

If you accept that a draw away at Reading is a good result (it is don't get me wrong) you mayaswell include another 15 teams in there.. Would you be happy at dawing every single away game? That's only 23 points.. (which is 8 wins out of 23).. Do that and it requires 50 points from home matches (more than we got alltogether last season) which is roughly 16-17 wins.. to make the playoffs.. I just can't accept not wanting to push for a winner, 3 points are so much more valuable and worth losing a point over should we lose.

Fact is, if you want to climb the table, you need to be more positive, you need to win games.. Like I mentioned, draws are overrated and if you have the intentions of picking up draws when in that position you're never going to get the points required to reach a (top 8? spot).. We simply have to be braver..

Archived