Draws

Bris Vegas

By the sounds of things some of the injured players will be back pretty much there or there abouts after the next internation break. That will be good as this would allow the young lads O'Brien and Hendrick a chance of a break. They have done really well seeing at the beginning of season they would have played at best a bit part in the team. They have established themselves as two players for the future and will continue to develop. There has been a lot of promosing things to take stock on this season.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But surely other clubs will have gripes about when they concede, or score, or whatever else. Anyway, they might be five points ahead in that department, but we're ahead in the department that matters - the table.

I don't think we do sit back - we gave it a go last night and have done this season, but you have to be sensible. If you're willing to throw absolutely everything forward to get three points away from home, then it's a good job you're not a manager.

If you think last night was 'giving it a go' and a few other away games this season then you've got very low expectation for what trying to attack is. We had 33% possession last night and barely ventured out of our half, if that's giving it a go then i'd hate to see us 'sit back'.

I agree entirely with your footballing philosphy Bris, i'd love to see a Derby side play attacking, passing football but you just need to accept, it's never gunna happen under Nigel Clough, particularly away from home. For Cloughs entire reign i can think of one game where we went out there, had a go and created chances away from home, Doncaster last year. If you look at a lot of teams messageboard after the game you wont see many praising us, i've seen plenty of 'worse side i've seen this year' comments towards us under Clough. My main concern with this is the long term strategy, playing the way we do away from wont work in the long run, if we got promoted this season we'd get absolutely smashed in the Premiership, it's similar to how we played under Billy. I dont see the 'injuries' as an excuse currently, i dont really rate Barker much better than O'Brien so the back two are near full strength imo. Bailey's also no better than Hendrick or Bryson so i'd also say we're close to full strength in centre mid. Savies is cack anyway and is no major loss, i'd rather have Theo playing. So really i'd say we're missing Tyson and Brayford as first choice starters. Green's been out for so long now he shouldnt be included, he's hardly first name on the team sheet as well.

Are you having a laugh. O'Brien is a hell of a player for his age and in time will be a very good player for us but if you think for one second that Barker couldn't have done a better job against Lambert on Saturday you're living in a dream world. OB is no where near the player Barker is, at his best Barker is one of thetop players in the division. As for Hendrick, the last two games he's been a passenger and he doesn't have anywhere near the range of passing as Bailey does... It's ludicous to think that our team wouldn't be improved with Barker & Bailey starting week in, week out...

Rotherham, we were already winning.. Though I accept that it's tough for you to fully understand my posts before you jump on me like a rash.. I said find me a game where we are drawing/losing at the 80 minute mark away from home and when we've picked up those 'extra points' Yes we've learned to grind out wins.. That's not my gripe.. My gripe is the negative attitude playing out for a draw with 10 minutes remaining rather than making any attempt at winning the game and picking up an extra 2 points (which equals another 2 draws).. I haven't maoned at getting a point (again read my post).. I moaned or rather pointed out that once again we've failed to attempt to win the game in the last 10 minutes.. Once again, those extra points are the difference between an alright side and a good side.. At 80 minutes last season Norwich and Reading were midtable sides.. There positivity and attempts at winning games rather than drawing (braver approach) are what made the difference.. Us on the other hand picked up 0 oints from the last 10 minutes of games, both this season and last.. Reading already doing us by 5 points in that department.

But Bris haven't you said in previous posts that we aren't a good side??? The absolute best way of losing is trying to out play sides when you're incapable of doing it...

If you think last night was 'giving it a go' and a few other away games this season then you've got very low expectation for what trying to attack is. We had 33% possession last night and barely ventured out of our half, if that's giving it a go then i'd hate to see us 'sit back'.

Surely the fact we scored twice means we gave it a go? Did we just lump the ball forward and it happened to end up in the net?

Let's not find a reason to moan for the sake of it.

Surely the fact we scored twice means we gave it a go? Did we just lump the ball forward and it happened to end up in the net?

Let's not find a reason to moan for the sake of it.

Not at all, in my book giving it a go is getting numbers forward, creating chances and regularly testing the keeper. Two punts into the box from a cross and a set piece isnt that.

In a way im moaning about it, as it's not the way i like to see teams play football. But i understand the players we have arent good enough to even compete with mid table sides such as Reading, especially away from home so sitting back and hoping for the best is pretty much all we can do.

Are you having a laugh. O'Brien is a hell of a player for his age and in time will be a very good player for us but if you think for one second that Barker couldn't have done a better job against Lambert on Saturday you're living in a dream world. OB is no where near the player Barker is, at his best Barker is one of thetop players in the division. As for Hendrick, the last two games he's been a passenger and he doesn't have anywhere near the range of passing as Bailey does... It's ludicous to think that our team wouldn't be improved with Barker & Bailey starting week in, week out...

Last season Barker was generally poor imo and made plenty of mistakes, people have told me this was cos he wasnt fully fit but even still, he was poor. Once again this season he's injured and to expect him to return to his form of a couple of years ago is unlikely, at first anyway.

Bailey and Hendrick are two similar players imo, both keep it simple and try to keep possession. Not sure what you mean by Bailey's range of passing, how often do you see Bailey spread a 40 yard pass, almost never. Bailey was poor at Blackpool and in the first half at Watford earlier this season. Hendrick has scored more goals than Bailey having played about a tenth of the professional games that Bailey has.

Hendrick and O'Brien have played in key positions in a side that has had it's best starts for god know how long. IMO we'd be doing no better with Barker and Bailey in the team.

Last season Barker was generally poor imo and made plenty of mistakes, people have told me this was cos he wasnt fully fit but even still, he was poor. Once again this season he's injured and to expect him to return to his form of a couple of years ago is unlikely, at first anyway.

Bailey and Hendrick are two similar players imo, both keep it simple and try to keep possession. Not sure what you mean by Bailey's range of passing, how often do you see Bailey spread a 40 yard pass, almost never. Bailey was poor at Blackpool and in the first half at Watford earlier this season. Hendrick has scored more goals than Bailey having played about a tenth of the professional games that Bailey has.

Hendrick and O'Brien have played in key positions in a side that has had it's best starts for god know how long. IMO we'd be doing no better with Barker and Bailey in the team.

Pretty much any game he's played in. That fact he was so different to Savage in that he wasn't always looking to the 10 yard sideways pass is the reason why so many fans took to him in the first place. Do you even watch our games. Bailey is one of the best passers of the ball we have!!! Hendrick may have more goals but that's because Bailey plays deeper and has done when both have been on the pitch together...

Not at all, in my book giving it a go is getting numbers forward, creating chances and regularly testing the keeper. Two punts into the box from a cross and a set piece isnt that.

In a way im moaning about it, as it's not the way i like to see teams play football. But i understand the players we have arent good enough to even compete with mid table sides such as Reading, especially away from home so sitting back and hoping for the best is pretty much all we can do.

We drew with them, and we're fourth in the league. We've beaten teams that are mid table, and we drew against the league leaders on Saturday. How does what you have said even make sense?

I don't think we were ultra defensive - we should have scored in the first few minutes and if you think we literally pumped the ball in twice and scored, and that's it, we obviously watched different games.

I'd judge each game case by case, but at that time I think if we'd have gone all out attack towards the end, we could quite easily have been caught on the break and conceded.

Last season we lost so many points conceding in the last 10 minutes.

Perhaps it's just a case this season of getting over that problem.

When we can do that regularly and easily - as we now seem to be doing - then we move on to the nest step and try and gain points.

I don't think we sit back and hang on as much as last season, but I don't think we have the players yet that can really go for it at the end of the game.

Last season we lost so many points conceding in the last 10 minutes.

Perhaps it's just a case this season of getting over that problem.

When we can do that regularly and easily - as we now seem to be doing - then we move on to the nest step and try and gain points.

I don't think we sit back and hang on as much as last season, but I don't think we have the players yet that can really go for it at the end of the game.

And not just last season but the season before that as well. I remember RamNut on the old DET forum raising this as a major problem - with the stats to back it up (the swot).

Getting over that problem is, as you say, 'huge' and a major step forward. It's also doing wonders for my mental health - so I'd like to say a big THANKYOU to Nige and the lads as I bid a fond farewell to the Prozac.

Pretty much any game he's played in. That fact he was so different to Savage in that he wasn't always looking to the 10 yard sideways pass is the reason why so many fans took to him in the first place. Do you even watch our games. Bailey is one of the best passers of the ball we have!!! Hendrick may have more goals but that's because Bailey plays deeper and has done when both have been on the pitch together...

Can't agree with you on this one mate. There is no comparison in all round midfield ability between Hendrick and Bailey, Hendrick is already several levels above and will get better. So long as he doesn't have any bad injuries and keeps working at his game he is a future PL player. I believe he has more all round ability than Huddlestone for example. Bailey is OK but no more than that.

Did anybody hear that clown Bloomfield on Tuesday, his best midfield would be Green and Bailey, that's the calibre of analysis we have on the Local Radio station these days. I am sure Gibson set him up to make himself sound an idiot with the question.

Can't agree with you on this one mate. There is no comparison in all round midfield ability between Hendrick and Bailey, Hendrick is already several levels above and will get better. So long as he doesn't have any bad injuries and keeps working at his game he is a future PL player. I believe he has more all round ability than Huddlestone for example. Bailey is OK but no more than that. Did anybody hear that clown Bloomfield on Tuesday, his best midfield would be Green and Bailey, that's the calibre of analysis we have on the Local Radio station these days. I am sure Gibson set him up to make himself sound an idiot with the question.

You mean the full England international Tom Huddlestone, yes of course he has despite the fact Huddlestone is the best academy product we've produced in 15 years. Are you mad, Hendrick isn't even as good as Bailey let alone Huddlestone. He'll be a very good player but if they both develope at the same rate Bailey will still be better. He has better technique, vision and is more mobile...

Did anybody hear that clown Bloomfield on Tuesday, his best midfield would be Green and Bailey, that's the calibre of analysis we have on the Local Radio station these days. I am sure Gibson set him up to make himself sound an idiot with the question.

That is his opinion which he is entitled to, would you be happy about being called a clown everytime someone disagrees with you?

You mean the full England international Tom Huddlestone, yes of course he has despite the fact Huddlestone is the best academy product we've produced in 15 years. Are you mad, Hendrick isn't even as good as Bailey let alone Huddlestone. He'll be a very good player but if they both develope at the same rate Bailey will still be better. He has better technique, vision and is more mobile...

I take not too much notice of International Football, it is comfortably second rate to the Champions League. Tom Huddlestone has never really nailed down a place at Tottenham over a long period. I think Hendrick has the ability to do better than that.

Better technique, vision and mobility I don't agree, Hendrick is ahead in all these areas but more importantly he can play under pressure and looks to pass forward.

That is his opinion which he is entitled to, would you be happy about being called a clown everytime someone disagrees with you?

A man in his position should know better than that. He has put himself in the position of being a pundit/commentator, so if you are going to come out with nonsense (Gibson and Davies could barely contain laughter) then you leave yourself open.

Frankly if you are so out of your depth then you should do the decent thing and resign. The RD editorial team seem not to care too much about Sport, that's why they have all but ditched Derbyshire Cricket and give us unqualified commentators on Football. I didn't think Fletcher was up to standard either.

A man in his position should know better than that. He has put himself in the position of being a pundit/commentator, so if you are going to come out with nonsense (Gibson and Davies could barely contain laughter) then you leave yourself open. Frankly if you are so out of your depth then you should do the decent thing and resign. The RD editorial team seem not to care too much about Sport, that's why they have all but ditched Derbyshire Cricket and give us unqualified commentators on Football. I didn't think Fletcher was up to standard either.

Maybe you should apply for the job. You appear to be as blinkered in your opinions so you'll fit right in...

Huddlestone is currently injured mate.

I am not just talking about this season. In general Tom has been a squad player at Tottenham he is a good player and has had some good spells for them but has never been one of their main men.

A man in his position should know better than that. He has put himself in the position of being a pundit/commentator, so if you are going to come out with nonsense (Gibson and Davies could barely contain laughter) then you leave yourself open.

Frankly if you are so out of your depth then you should do the decent thing and resign. The RD editorial team seem not to care too much about Sport, that's why they have all but ditched Derbyshire Cricket and give us unqualified commentators on Football. I didn't think Fletcher was up to standard either.

Should know better than what, having an opinion? every single one of us will have our own ideas on the first 11 and Bloomfield is no different.

I can barely contain my laughter when reading some of your posts, from now I'm sure you won't mind me and any other members that disagree with you calling you a clown?

Archived