Derby County v Millwall

Boycie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legzdins - 7 - The odd dodgy kick aside he made some confident catches and convincing punches.

Brayford - 6 - Just not as good as we know he can be. But still good enough.

Shackell - 8 - Brilliant. So good it's getting boring!!

O'Brien - 8 - Is he really an 18yr old CB?

Roberts - 8 - Not been poor now for ages. Earned himself a break from fans. Unless it's personal for some people?

B. Davies - 8 - Again he's quietly industrious. Not explosive like Commons and Ward etc, but just seems to be what the whole team is all about. Commitment and desire

Bryson - MOTM - 9 - Everywhere/anywhere making tackles and passing the ball to white shirts.

Hendrick - 8 - Tougher tackling, again his passing is very good. Brilliant.

Ward - 8 - Gave them plenty to think about. No one works harder.

Robinson -7- Played to his strength. Very good.

S. Davies - 6 - Going to have to hold the ball up better. Or drop a lot deeper to get the ball. Got in good goal scoring positions, but needed him to make it stick up top when we were struggling to get on top.

Again we started a bit slowly, and i'm scared we'll find ourselves 2-0 down inside the opening 15-20 mins soon. Unable to come back.

But once we settle a lot of tension seems to leave our fans because we become much more solid. Shackell and the defenders start to look like they're unlikely to get beaten. Just want us to settle earlier, because once settled today, Millwall never looked like scoring until a break away in the 90th minute.

Legzdins - 7 - The odd dodgy kick aside he made some confident catches and convincing punches.

Brayford - 6 - Just not as good as we know he can be. But still good enough.

Shackell - 8 - Brilliant. So good it's getting boring!!

O'Brien - 8 - Is he really an 18yr old CB?

Roberts - 8 - Not been poor now for ages. Earned himself a break from fans. Unless it's personal for some people?

B. Davies - 8 - Again he's quietly industrious. Not explosive like Commons and Ward etc, but just seems to be what the whole team is all about. Commitment and desire

Bryson - MOTM - 9 - Everywhere/anywhere making tackles and passing the ball to white shirts.

Hendrick - 8 - Tougher tackling, again his passing is very good. Brilliant.

Ward - 8 - Gave them plenty to think about. No one works harder.

Robinson -7- Played to his strength. Very good.

S. Davies - 6 - Going to have to hold the ball up better. Or drop a lot deeper to get the ball. Got in good goal scoring positions, but needed him to make it stick up top when we were struggling to get on top.

Again we started a bit slowly, and i'm scared we'll find ourselves 2-0 down inside the opening 15-20 mins soon. Unable to come back.

But once we settle a lot of tension seems to leave our fans because we become much more solid. Shackell and the defenders start to look like they're unlikely to get beaten. Just want us to settle earlier, because once settled today, Millwall never looked like scoring until a break away in the 90th minute.

i reckon this is the first time i have ever agreed with every rating. - i do. spot on post. exactly as i saw it.

(btw notice that we've narrowed the pitch...?)

That's a good assessment; up until we scored the third the game was close, and if they'd nicked the third goal instead of us then it would have been interesting.

The defence was superb today, considering how many threatening positions Millwall got into compared to the number of saves AL had to make. Shackell and O'Brien look a great partnership.

By the way, that third goal was one of the best I've seen for a while, Ben Davies started it near our penalty area, and it was about four passes, an astute run and defence-splitting pass from Ward to Davies' feet and a top-corner finish. Outstanding stuff.

The defence was superb today, considering how many threatening positions Millwall got into compared to the number of saves AL had to make. Shackell and O'Brien look a great partnership.

I can't remember Legzdins having to even having to stretch for a shot once we settled. Did they produce anything that didn't roll straight into his arms for 70mins?

No mate i didn't. Wonder why we've done that? Thought it'd suit Ward and Tyson and Robinson to be wider?

i just think that perhaps clough wants to make it easier for davies and ward to act in a defensive capacity.

agree with what has been said above - goalie didn't really have a great deal to do.

agreed.....

we're starting to look a bit like swansea did.....great defence and a hardworking midfield who can retain the ball.....a bit of pace....a bit of threat from the flanks.....and it only game 8 :-)

provided the key men stay fit we could have a good season.

A good day for a new rams fan to be born! My great great nephew, Edward Lawson Smith arrived this morning. Many years ago I converted his mother to a rams fan rather than her wasting her energy on her dad's team Spurs. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Congratulations!

We'll be beating Spurs next season. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Congratulations!

We'll be beating Spurs next season. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

or losing heavily to them...point still stands tho 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

great hard working performance

well deserved......hit the bar too

legzdins 7 did enough.....couple of dodgy kicks?

brayford 8 not at his best but still v good

roberts 7 played well until exposed by Nguessan in the 90th minute

hendrick 8 very good

shackell 8 superb

obrien 8 superb

davies 8 involved in all goals ....works hard

bryson 9 never stopped running...ties it all together

davies 7 did ok could've scored 3

robinson 7 played well

ward 8 excellent

Some of Lego's kicks were awful! The one that went straight up in the air and down again a few yards down the pitch, haha, he started getting applauded when he kicked the ball in the other half. Promising player though.

Archived