Derby County v Millwall

Boycie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was that the one that was tipped onto the bar?

The other chance he fluffed, shown on the FLS, he was actually pulled back for offside too, no mention of that. That programme really is ****

The BBC in general is ****!!! Anyone else notice the fluffed up our last sub last week? Said croft came on when it was Anderson, that was on FLS and the website!

Some of Lego's kicks were awful! The one that went straight up in the air and down again a few yards down the pitch, haha, he started getting applauded when he kicked the ball in the other half. Promising player though.

yes there are a couple of strange aspects to his game

his handling.....he doesnt wrap his hands around the ball and hug it to his chest like most keepers...he seems to save it with an open palm like Lee Grant used to....a bit risky

and his kicking went awry when he seemed to want to swing a leg at it almost horizontally and ended up slicing it badly

he needs to address these little faults before they become bad habits

The BBC in general is ****!!! Anyone else notice the fluffed up our last sub last week? Said croft came on when it was Anderson, that was on FLS and the website!

....and i heard a clip of Bloomfield referring to 'fielding berating his defenders.....'

....and i heard a clip of Bloomfield referring to 'fielding berating his defenders.....'

I'm really glad I go to the matches, mainly so I don't have to rely on listening to Bloomfield. I think he's bloody awful.

I thought it was a really effective performance. Not neccesarily pretty all the time but we got the job done. There's not many teams get out of this league by playing lovely football constantly so I think we're going about it the right way.

yes there are a couple of strange aspects to his game

his handling.....he doesnt wrap his hands around the ball and hug it to his chest like most keepers...he seems to save it with an open palm like Lee Grant used to....a bit risky

and his kicking went awry when he seemed to want to swing a leg at it almost horizontally and ended up slicing it badly

he needs to address these little faults before they become bad habits

He pulled off an excellent save against Florest last week but looked terribly nervous yesterday. I'm glad he got the game time though to help with those nerves. He'll only improve and if Fielding gets injured or suspended again I'd happily see Lego in goal, he's a good no.2.

millwall were rubbish but Derby played well,the fls is rubbish.I hoped they would show the whole move for the third goal but they didnt.Barnsley will be tougher but really enjoyed it yesterday.

Derby towards the end of the first half had a really good passage of play and must have passed the ball about 20 times in dangerous areas. It was nice to see them playing so comfortably and so well.

Gareth Roberts played well again yesterday.

I'm nearly choking on my humble pie.

He did. He's got competition though hasn't he. That said I'm going to state the obvious that I'd still want to see a LB that could match our other three defenders. And in the 90th minute when he got out run by a mile, hope Barnsley never saw that cause they could take advantage.

Gareth Roberts played well again yesterday.

I'm nearly choking on my humble pie.

Ha! He's perhaps earned a bit of a break.

Infact over the last two games i thought he's been better than Brayford. I know Roberts got beaten at the end yesterday but Lynch got a free shot at Legzdins v Forest too because Brayford got it all wrong.

Roberts is just a bit short. That's the only thing that bothers me. Teams aim long balls at him. Still, Roberts as he is, and we know Brayford can play a lot better. I like those two as the fullbacks.

Ha! He's perhaps earned a bit of a break.

Infact over the last two games i thought he's been better than Brayford. I know Roberts got beaten at the end yesterday but Lynch got a free shot at Legzdins v Forest too because Brayford got it all wrong.

Roberts is just a bit short. That's the only thing that bothers me. Teams aim long balls at him. Still, Roberts as he is, and we know Brayford can play a lot better. I like those two as the fullbacks.

Brayford is an interesting one, and it probably warrants its own thread...

He's lost his a way a little, don't you think? I'm not sure whether he stood out in a very poor team last year, or he's struggling, but he doesn't look nearly as good as he did last season. He's not playing badly, and I'm sure we'll see the best of him again, but why do you think it's happened?

Brayford is an interesting one, and it probably warrants its own thread...

He's lost his a way a little, don't you think? I'm not sure whether he stood out in a very poor team last year, or he's struggling, but he doesn't look nearly as good as he did last season. He's not playing badly, and I'm sure we'll see the best of him again, but why do you think it's happened?

Saw him in the friendlies and he was superb. Always made nice positive attacking passes. Nothing wrong with him.

Looking at him now and you see him unable to control the odd long ball. His control was always top notch wasn't it? We used to see him bomb down that right, recieve a ball from the opposite side, take a touch and release Cywka or exchange passes with Green.

Then we kick of v Birmingham and he's a little clumsy. He's been getting caught out on occasions and looks a bit nervous when we're in possession.

Just out of form i guess?

Saw him in the friendlies and he was superb. Always made nice positive attacking passes. Nothing wrong with him.

Looking at him now and you see him unable to control the odd long ball. His control was always top notch wasn't it? We used to see him bomb down that right, recieve a ball from the opposite side, take a touch and release Cywka or exchange passes with Green.

Then we kick of v Birmingham and he's a little clumsy. He's been getting caught out on occasions and looks a bit nervous when we're in possession.

Just out of form i guess?

P'raps.

He's not stand out poor, just as you say, a little clumsy. He'll come good again though.

I do think, though, that the problematic leftback situation has deflected the fact that we're thin on the ground at right back - is there anyone we'd feel comfortable with if Brayford was unavailable? He doesn't even think about Leacock anymore. Croft was RB in the friendlies, would he feel comfortable putting him in there?

Archived