Stephen Bywater

GeneralRam

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

According to bbc on twitter, Megson wants to sign Bywater, I hope so!!

Think your right there Rynny - according to todays DT,

Clough - " I think Sheffield Wednesday are waiting to see if Nicky Weaver is fit. He is their No. 1 keeper and he is coming back to fitness. So what happens with Stephen I think will be dependant on that. Stephen has done well by all accounts and Wednesday have had a good run".

It has been reported that GM has made a strong recommendation to his club to push through a possible loan extension or permanent transfer for Bywater when the window opens in January.

GM - " I've spoken to people at our club about Stephen and the minimum we want is to keep him for the rest of the season. I wouldn't be averse to signing him and I think he would be keen to join us on a full time basis. He has been terrific for us and great to have about the place".

Think your right there Rynny - according to todays DT,

Clough - " I think Sheffield Wednesday are waiting to see if Nicky Weaver is fit. He is their No. 1 keeper and he is coming back to fitness. So what happens with Stephen I think will be dependant on that. Stephen has done well by all accounts and Wednesday have had a good run".

It has been reported that GM has made a strong recommendation to his club to push through a possible loan extension or permanent transfer for Bywater when the window opens in January.

GM - " I've spoken to people at our club about Stephen and the minimum we want is to keep him for the rest of the season. I wouldn't be averse to signing him and I think he would be keen to join us on a full time basis. He has been terrific for us and great to have about the place".

Thanks ladyram, can't post links or copy stories from my phone.

I hope he's happy, it's been a tough time for him. Obviously not financially, but the good wages are nearly at an end for Stephen, he's made his hay while the sun was shining.

is that 'hay' a reference to that infamous horse box.

Derby County manager Nigel Clough has confirmed talks are ongoing for Stephen Bywater to stay at Sheffield Wednesday and will discuss Stephen Pearson's situation at Bristol City later this month.

Bywater is currently on loan at Sheffield Wednesda and the goalkeeper has impressed during his time with the League One club.

Owls boss Gary Megson wants to sign Bywater on a permanent basis and Clough appears prepared to let the keeper stay at Hillsborough if a deal can be agreed.

"That is the feedback we are getting from Sheffield Wednesday and talks are ongoing about trying to do something," said Clough in the Derby Evening Telegraph.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11726/7376780/Clough-Bywater-talks-ongoing

Meson " we'd really like him to stay with us in Sheffield if possible?"

Clough " well, our first choice is getting bad reviews on dcfcfans."

Meson "please Nigel, I'm trying to build up my reputation after that feckin forest debarkle"

Clough " if you put it like that, have him for nowt, fill yer boots". (troll face)

• 2 weeks later...

DERBY County goalkeeper Stephen Bywater is close to joining Sheffield Wednesday in a permanent deal.

The Derby Telegraph understands the move is set to be completed once the January transfer window opens.

Bywater recently returned from a three-month loan spell at the League One club.

He played a dozen games for Wednesday and was on the losing side only once.

The 30-year-old is out of contract at Derby at the end of the season and his last appearance for the Rams was in the home defeat by Hull City in February.

Keepers Frank Fielding and Adam Legzdins, who both signed in the summer, are Derby's number one and two.

Bywater joined the Rams from West Ham United in August 2006 and helped them to win promotion in his first season at Pride Park.

He has made 167 appearances for the club

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Bywater-set-make-switch-Owls-soon-window-opens/story-14278701-detail/story.html

Archived