Transfer Deadline Day - August 2011

Bingy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could be wrong, I often am, but am I right in thinking that our Nige granted Bywater, Leacock and Pearson contract extensions while he has been here? Probably between them, their costing us 20k a week, 80k a month - fook me!:eek:

None of those 3 are on £20k a week. Around half that i'd imagine.

Look at the Contract dates thread

Just counted up, we have 37 in our professional ranks, a quick look shows

Bywater, Severn, Atkins, Deeney, Leacock, Addison, Jones, Witham,Cole,connoly,Cywka,Martin,Pearson,Green either Young and not ready, injured, on loan or out of favour and probably won't feature much for the first team ( I have left Ball off that list because I think it's the 5 sub rule and reversion to 1 up front keeping him off the bench)

That leaves us with a squad of 22 players that will feature.

Is it surprising that we needed to get rid before buying anymore?

That's a long list.

And looking at how many of those that Clough has simply discarded, including some of his own signings, it's a wonder he's still in a job.

A sad indictment of his management style.

apart from cwyka and Martin (cywka was free and Martin was I think £300k absolutely massive spending on 2 players) the others on the list are either accademy players and lets be fair it is well known not everyone makes it. The others are dead wood and the last of the previous regimes.

I just find it intriging that when a manager wins 4 out 5 league games, keeper gets a call up to full england squad, ward gets his first cap, shackell has been immense, davies is getting his form back with 3goals out of 5games, bryson who may as well nickname 'duracell' as he never stops running, theo control is ever improving, o'brien coming into side and apart from a couple of mistakes v Burnley looks good, hendrick not out of place. A completly different looking team with a different mentality. That people still try and get the clough club out to do a bit of bashing.

Some people make me laugh. We are never going to be like clubs of Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal (who are struggling), Spurs, Liverpool. We are not a small club but we are no way as big a club as these. Get your heads out of the clouds and realise that players like Bywater and Leacock will be more than happy to sit at home training with kids picking up their wages. Leacock is 27 he is young enough to kick start his career at end of the season when contract runs out and Bywater is still young enough to do the same. They will be like leaches just like Claud Davis was or we have to pay them off like we did with him and with their wages of say £10k a week that will cost us nearly a £1m which could have brought us Waghorn. Instead of looking at CLough look at players mentalities. No club is interested in them so why should we keep them.

That's a long list.

And looking at how many of those that Clough has simply discarded, including some of his own signings, it's a wonder he's still in a job.

A sad indictment of his management style.

A grand total of 2 of those players were signed by Clough.

They were discarded because, as you may have noticed, some of them are crap. The others are injured or too young. Hardly "simply discarding" players.

So you're proposing that Clough is a bad manager for not playing a player with cruciate knee ligament damage, a bad manager for not playing a goalkeeper when he just signed a better one who's a full England International, a bad manager for not playing a defender who he repeatedly put faith in becuase of his flashes of brilliance but who has let him down a dozen times (particularly at the City Ground), a bad manager for not playing a reserve player who doesn't fit our system who has an ankle injury, a bad manager for not selecting Stephen Pearson, a bad manager for not playing a defender who's not match-fit yet....who's also out on loan, and also a bad manager for not playing 3 youngsters who probably don't even have 30 reserve games between them?

That post was a sad indictment of just how easy it is to make a cheap dig at somebody over the internet. I hate to shoot a post down like that, but good grief, you really didn't think that one through.

three players on the list of out of favour were clough's signings.

There are some he gave extensions to, probably because he had a limited budget every year and he had to prioritise positions and he wouldnt be able to afford better players straight away and so couldn't release them.

now we have 3/4 of a solid looking defence under contract until 2014.

We have strikers under contract until at least 2013 (including the 1 year option on Davies) 2014 for Tyson and Robinson.

Then Ward, bryson and Maguire, bailey on contracts to at least 2013 are on long contracts so midfield is looking more settled, especially when you add in Hendrick's emergence at the moemnt.

We have had injuries hitting us this year and so far no-ones been played out of position

Clough's squad is starting to take shape, slow build anyone

A grand total of 2 of those players were signed by Clough.

They were discarded because, as you may have noticed, some of them are crap. The others are injured or too young. Hardly "simply discarding" players.

So you're proposing that Clough is a bad manager for not playing a player with cruciate knee ligament damage, a bad manager for not playing a goalkeeper when he just signed a better one who's a full England International, a bad manager for not playing a defender who he repeatedly put faith in becuase of his flashes of brilliance but who has let him down a dozen times (particularly at the City Ground), a bad manager for not playing a reserve player who doesn't fit our system who has an ankle injury, a bad manager for not selecting Stephen Pearson, a bad manager for not playing a defender who's not match-fit yet....who's also out on loan, and also a bad manager for not playing 3 youngsters who probably don't even have 30 reserve games between them?

That post was a sad indictment of just how easy it is to make a cheap dig at somebody over the internet. I hate to shoot a post down like that, but good grief, you really didn't think that one through.

He discarded Leacock after playing him out of position; he fell out with Bywater (apparently over more than his 'art installation'); publicly told Cywka to go back to Wigan; God knows what happened with Martin but Clough let his first team coach publicly state that he was too stupid to play.

Yes, discarded.

It's strange how after a couple of decent results, junior has suddenly morphed into his dad.

His style is amateurish, bullying and inept. A short run of wins isn't going to change that.

He discarded Leacock after playing him out of position; he fell out with Bywater (apparently over more than his 'art installation'); publicly told Cywka to go back to Wigan; God knows what happened with Martin but Clough let his first team coach publicly state that he was too stupid to play.

Yes, discarded.

It's strange how after a couple of decent results, junior has suddenly morphed into his dad.

His style is amateurish, bullying and inept. A short run of wins isn't going to change that.

Leacock's display against forest was totally inept, you say he was out of position, yet he started as a RB. Bywater wasn't because of his 'art' but the behaviour in a match this season, no prizes for which match, was the final straw, and quite rightly. Cywka isn't doing what is asked of him, releasing the ball when he needs to and not getting caught in possession so often. With regards to Martin I am not sure what has happened there, but how do you know that clough "let" his 1st team coach call him stupid? How do you know there wasn't anything said behind closed doors? Or does the club tell everything that happens within the club to the public?

Yes, discarded.

It's strange how after one loss out come all the.......

Leacock's display against forest was totally inept, you say he was out of position, yet he started as a RB. Bywater wasn't because of his 'art' but the behaviour in a match this season, no prizes for which match, was the final straw, and quite rightly. Cywka isn't doing what is asked of him, releasing the ball when he needs to and not getting caught in possession so often. With regards to Martin I am not sure what has happened there, but how do you know that clough "let" his 1st team coach call him stupid? How do you know there wasn't anything said behind closed doors? Or does the club tell everything that happens within the club to the public?

He did not call him stupid. It was Metgod when asked why Martin was not playing think after the Hull away game. He can play in a standard 442 but he is not got quite enough in the 4231 and is struggling to understand and adjust to the formation. He is trying hard but just not getting it.

Yes, discarded.

He played one game at RB the rest at Centre Half until the end of the season. Reason being at the end he had been out with a knee, illness, lazyitis and at the time Brayford had moved in there. Roberts was out and we had no one and he went into rb to help cover. The rest of time he was Cb so not sure what you on about when you say he was out of position. If Cb bot his position.

Bywater is absolutely a cock. I was at the game forementioned in this thread. It was Hull at home I am not asahned to say it. If he never wears a Derby shirt again I will be chuffed, he let a 17yr with no experience go in goal for the biggest load of ballacks in resepct of an injury out for month then went to Cardiff less than 2 weeks later.

He did not call him stupid. It was Metgod when asked why Martin was not playing think after the Hull away game. He can play in a standard 442 but he is not got quite enough in the 4231 and is struggling to understand and adjust to the formation. He is trying hard but just not getting it.

I was just replying to andyinliverpool

Archived