Song Sheets v Burnley

therams69

Might be wrong Briggsy and hope I am but you do seem a bit brassed off! :confused:

There are some new songs on there as new songs are made up all the time.

When deciding to do the song sheets I thought it best to add older songs on as well, if anything just as a reminder.

Many songs have come from forums others just down the pub.

The song sheets, like Davo has said, are for fans who were perhaps unsure on some songs. I had already explained that to you in an answer to another post so unsure why you seem to be nit picking?

All in all I would say they were well received and seen as something positive as I and others are actually trying to improve the atmosphere at PPS.

With regards to the most popular songs, I couldnt have listed every song sung!

On yet another positive note the kids who had the sheets loved them!!! These are the future! :D

Sorry I never got to pick any up off you today, we were in the car park waiting for my bro to cone back from the shop. He brought us a couple of sheets up though.

Saw a few being read in the NE corner, but not enough singers to joon in. Did get a few Cone on Derby's steatite though.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol "Englands Englands No 1 (repeat)" kin ell! I was p1ssing mesen going through the turnstyles!:D

You should drink less and arrive earlier to beat the queues. It tends to happen as you get older....:eek:

Boycies song...."I'm drunk, and I've pissed mesen, I'm drunk, and I've pissed mesen.......":D

Nick has put his hand in his own pocket to print off 5000 of these song sheets yet people like briggsy ( who seems a bit jumped up IMO) just criticise what nick has done!! If u don't like the songs.. Don't f***ing sing them!! All nick and the lads are trying to do is create a better atmosphere at pp and at away games!! Briggsy at Coventry why don't u just bring a stick to hit out with.. Save u time on your typing!!

But whilst we are moaning at nick... Nick why do u carry the huge flag( voluntary) over your right shoulder!! It really pisses me off it's not over your left!! Does my nut in!! Also could u possibly get a trendier bag so u look like u are down with the fashion!! Also can u start carrying fruitella sweets with u like the kids do as we all know they are badman sweets (anuvahood film) These things about u really gets to me!! 

Obviously I realise what he's trying to do and paying for it out his own pocket.

I just think it's a stupid idea that isn't going to improve atmosphere, it just makes us more of a laughing stock.

Hymn sheets? Come on.

What do you suggest? What would you do to improve the atmosphere?

I'm not sure there's much we can do. I think we're just a 'quiet' club. It used to really get to me but I've made my peace with it now.

We haven't got any original songs which is probably why we're quite quiet. If Leeds didn't have 'Marching On Together', I doubt they'd be as loud and proud.

But the songs sheets are well worth a go.

It'd be great to get the Poznan going away at forest when we score!

Song sheets will come into their own when people take them home and read them in private. It's about encouraging people to sing rather than feeling embarrassed they don't know the words so sitting in silence.

You could hand them out on the way out for me - don't think it's about standing reading like you're in church.

Nick has put his hand in his own pocket to print off 5000 of these song sheets yet people like briggsy ( who seems a bit jumped up IMO) just criticise what nick has done!! If u don't like the songs.. Don't f***ing sing them!! All nick and the lads are trying to do is create a better atmosphere at pp and at away games!! Briggsy at Coventry why don't u just bring a stick to hit out with.. Save u time on your typing!!

But whilst we are moaning at nick... Nick why do u carry the huge flag( voluntary) over your right shoulder!! It really pisses me off it's not over your left!! Does my nut in!! Also could u possibly get a trendier bag so u look like u are down with the fashion!! Also can u start carrying fruitella sweets with u like the kids do as we all know they are badman sweets (anuvahood film) These things about u really gets to me!! 

Very kind words Trooper and just for you I will get a trendier bag and also carry on my left shoulder!! :p

Obviously I realise what he's trying to do and paying for it out his own pocket.

I just think it's a stupid idea that isn't going to improve atmosphere, it just makes us more of a laughing stock.

Hymn sheets? Come on.

Yet again I am confused but since when were they advertised as hymn sheets?

Laughing stock, try telling that the organised supporters at other clubs? The song sheets have improved their atmosphere and I hope it does to ours!

Before you reply to my views, still waiting for a reply on the other 2 i have sent you, why dont you reply to East Kent Ram?

What would you do mate? If its a good idea we could perhaps implement it?

I'm not sure there's much we can do. I think we're just a 'quiet' club. It used to really get to me but I've made my peace with it now.

We haven't got any original songs which is probably why we're quite quiet. If Leeds didn't have 'Marching On Together', I doubt they'd be as loud and proud.

But the songs sheets are well worth a go.

It'd be great to get the Poznan going away at forest when we score!

Please no, it's bad enough the amount of clubs that have jumped on the bandwagon, we're better than that.

When Living On A Prayer gets going, that can become our club anthem.

I think Nick is doing a good job, i don't think derby is necessarily a quiet club it will take some time but it will improve, and the atmosphere seems to have been improved since they have moved to the corner. Anyone criticizing should come up with better ideas and solutions and put their hands in their pocket to actually carry it out.

I don't have a clue how to improve the atmosphere. If you ask me, we have thousands of people stood up in the south, southeast and east stands. You think handing out these stupid sheets to them is going to improve the atmosphere?

We aren't gonna get the North and West stands singing so there's no point in these. That's all I'm saying. I'm not gonna come in here and lick your arse because it was a dreadful idea. I admire what you're trying to do though.

. I'm not gonna come in here and lick your arse because it was a dreadful idea. I admire what you're trying to do though.

:confused::confused::confused:

I don't have a clue how to improve the atmosphere. If you ask me, we have thousands of people stood up in the south, southeast and east stands. You think handing out these stupid sheets to them is going to improve the atmosphere?

We aren't gonna get the North and West stands singing so there's no point in these. That's all I'm saying. I'm not gonna come in here and lick your arse because it was a dreadful idea. I admire what you're trying to do though.

LOL Briggsy was looking forward to you licking my arse?! Gutted. On a serious note if you actually knew me as person you may understand me better, thats what generally happens! Fellow fans have slated me before but when met in person or discussed in person they agree with what I and others are trying to do and offer their input.

Must say your last post has probably been the most constructive yet!

We are not going to get the North and West Stand singing all the time, think its fair to say we tried very hard in the North and failed to a degree to ignite that spark from other fans located in there.

There isn't thousands of fans stood up in corner though like you say!

For me its a mentality problem we have in the area. There are so many fans that give it there all every game but others that don't. Everyone in the area doesn't want to sing though and that's fair enough but unfortunately this is the problem.

Take our North Stand Block A last year! We had little numbers but sung all game, now we have much more volume in the corner as in numbers but not the same effort, strange how it works!

I think to alot of fans its not about the atmosphere which is fair enough but if we were noisy constantly week in week out at PPS I do honestly think you wouldn't get teams coming to PPS and getting 3 points as they often do. Just my opinion.

I want other teams to come to PPS and think god those Derby boys never shut up, just like the reputation we have away from home.

Nick

If I hear one more person suggest we start doing the "Poznan" as everyone calls it, i'm gonna kill.

Don't like the songs sheet idea, too try hard. The whole organised fan group thing, I absolutely get but there's nothing we do that really needs organising. We don't have huge Tifo displays, we don't protest about anything, singing doesn't take any organisation whatsoever it sorts itself out. Getting the singers in one area is the hard part. Half the people in the South East just go there and stand in silence all game, not contributing f**k all to the atmosphere.

There's what, 3,000 people in that corner? Think how loud it is on the rare occasions we take 3,000 anywhere or 3,000 away fans rock up at Pride Park - that's what the potential is if the whole corner actually bothered rather than the half that currently do. The East stand need to pull their socks up as well - worse than the West Stand half the time. Almost.

Erm, sorry Mr 69 I mentioned "hymn" in another post.

What about getting a loud speaker like they do abroad? Start off the songs and let them have it.

Rammie give us a song, rammie rammie give us a song!

Does he still help out like before? Seems to have been quiet since the reading mocking when I've been there?

Archived