Song Sheets v Burnley

therams69

Hi guys,

As mentioned a month or so back the song sheets have been completed and are now at the printers.

They will be given out should fans wish to take one outside the entrace to the turnstiles in the SE / South Stand.

I originally stated that these song sheets are not to be taken as gospel and I stick by that. They have been produced for fans that have not heard of some of the new songs that have been going over the last two months or so.

A few personal favourites of mine are Three Little Birds, we could really make this our own at Derby and the Brian Clough Champions of England that I thought of.

There are some songs not listed as we may be producing another batch during the season so some have been missed off, not forgotten!!!!

You can download on the link below.

http://uploading.com/files/57f358d7/Songs%2BFinal%2BVersion%2BDCFC.pdf/

Nick

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liked the idea of it but some poor songs on there in my opinion.

Singing a song to the tune of 'You've Lost That Loving Feeling', a Forest song, havent we got any pride?

Dont really see how the second part of that Brian Clough song fits as well, two many syllables in the second line of the second part?

Three Little Birds doesnt work as a football song, as much as i like the song, having heard it attempted to get going at games, it doesnt work.

And the best song made up as a 'club chant' if you like, Livin On A Prayer, which im 100% will work and would sound brilliant with thousands singing it and isnt used by another club, has been over looked, dont see why you couldnt have put it on at the end of the second page? If you dont like it fair enough, but it's got some good feedback on the forums and people i've spoke to.

Good effort though, a step in the right direction.

No, not Lost That Loving Feeling.

Liking it all Nick. But not that tune. Let them inbredtards have it.

Reckon you can get some distributed down the East Stand at some point? That's where the chants tail off. :(

Eastkentram... Don't know if u heard how we came about to sing 3 little birds but I did a little investigating and the only team I can find that sing it are ajax and 40,000 of them singing it sounds brilliant!!! Palace I am led to believe have seen it on our forums after it was sang away at qpr and are attempting to get it going!! I personally think that could work as I do living on a prayer!!

Got to agree with what trooper has said to be honest...

You have to remember we cant expect everyone to like every song, simples.

As for the Frankie Fielding song, it will probably get sung once or twice a game along with Englands number 1. Its just another alternative! Dont think we can really compare it with Forest.

Three little Birds, suggest you youtube it to see how the Ajax fans sing it, great song. Worked great in the NS last season and at away games as mentioned.

Living on a Prayer will be on the second edition. Untried and untested it maybe but Im sure it will be a hit but very long winded.

We cant introduce loads of new songs, too much to remember!

As for my song, if sung correctly it will work! The most important part of that song is Brian Cloughs champions of England, repeat! A bit of history as think we should be singing and remembering our past alot more!

have we changed the lyrics to Living On A Prayer?

i like how u included the Super Rams tune.

what i used to love as a kid going to the BBG was rolling my programe and shouting "UUUUUUUU RAAAAAAAMMS!" when everyone got that going it sent shivers up my spine! i miss the atmosphere of going to a game.

Not bad, at least we can claim it was started before them

I heard somewhere Chelsea sing it, dunno if that's true?

Still think Livin On A Prayer would work better.

My best mate is Palace, he claims they've been singing it since the dark ages. I'd probably be inclined to believe him.

My best mate is Palace, he claims they've been singing it since the dark ages. I'd probably be inclined to believe him.

I've never heard them sing it when iv been at Selhurst.

I think a good way to start new songs which are to the tune of famous songs would be to contact the club and ask them to play it near to kick off, then once a few people join in it should help it along.

I think the best way is to keep them simple, I know it sounds good to have long winded chants that mean something about history..etc but they get picked on to quick by fans and normally die a death.

The bloke/blokes that come up with the Man Utd chants are brilliant, well worth stealing in my opinion :o

Tyson should keep the same chant he had at Forest, it's effective and everyone gets involved. (although we sang it too Steve Davies on saturday) I remember a time where every player had a chant, all simple but everyone knew 'em.

Archived