Forest ticket details

davenportram

A lot of season ticket holders do seem to have a little touch of self importance about them. "I paid £200 this year, I should get priority over someone who pay's £25 to attend one away game" blah blah blah.

Money should be no issue, i've spent about £2000 in the last year watching Derby County, many will have spent a lot more, it shouldn't matter. For me priority should be:

People who've been to the first 3 away games

People who've been to 2/3 away games

People who've been to 1/3 away games

Memberships (which should only be allowed to be purchased before the start of the season)

Season ticket holders

General sale

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aprrox 1000 fans queuing already and that was at about 0800 according to my source!

Best fans in East Midlands however you look at it!

You would never see Forest or Leicester doing that and camping out at PPS overnight!

Drove past at 850, no queue outside but ticket office was packed. Only 670 available in person at the ticket office. Think I would have been queueing and online on my phone at the same time. Glad I got mine last week.

Drove past at 850, no queue outside but ticket office was packed. Only 670 available in person at the ticket office. Think I would have been queueing and online on my phone at the same time. Glad I got mine last week.

They were queuing inside mate! West Stand! As far as the dugouts too!

Aprrox 1000 fans queuing already and that was at about 0800 according to my source!

You would never see Forest or Leicester doing that and camping out at PPS overnight![/QUOTE]

To be fair to Forest and Leicester fans, I would be very very very surprised if you found and Derby fans camping out at the pig sty or at the King Prawn stadium.

You would never see Forest or Leicester doing that and camping out at PPS overnight!

Forest and Leicester would take more than 900 to Watford first game of the season.

yes they would have done easily.

Forest have a lot better away following than we do, and so do Leicester if you compare it to their home support.

Our away following compared to our home following is possibly as bad as it gets in the football league, we really are not good travellers, I used to go a lot but more recently stick to the games that tickle my fancy so probably do between 5-10 a year, last season I think I only went to 5, quite poor.

I hate to say it but our support is the worst in E midlands. We were only allocated 1000 tickets at watford because we were not expected to sell more than that and we did not. Last year when forest played watford they sold 2195 tickets and we sold 1100. I go to 7 or 8 away games per year and love them, atmosphere is great and the fans are amazing but it would be even better if more fans went. Using F*rest as an example again last year they played Hull in September and had only won one game so far and completely filled the away end, thats about 3500-4000 tickets. That match was also on the TV and 5.20 pm kick off. Now we play cov this week at 5.20 and on the tele and we have won 4 out of 5 and its 50 mins down the road. How many tickets will we sell? Nowhere near 3500. People will use the excuse that its forest the week after so I will give this one a miss and go to the shitty ground instead. That just proves that they only care about the forest game and none of the other games which is not what i would call loyal support. I get really annoyed when people laud our fans because we sold out for forest in a couple of hours. Along with leicester its the only away game we sell out for. I just wish that more fans would show how loyal they really are and go to the less glamorous places like bristol, burnley, reading, Ipswich etc. Rant over.

I hate to say it but our support is the worst in E midlands. We were only allocated 1000 tickets at watford because we were not expected to sell more than that and we did not. Last year when forest played watford they sold 2195 tickets and we sold 1100. I go to 7 or 8 away games per year and love them, atmosphere is great and the fans are amazing but it would be even better if more fans went. Using F*rest as an example again last year they played Hull in September and had only won one game so far and completely filled the away end, thats about 3500-4000 tickets. That match was also on the TV and 5.20 pm kick off. Now we play cov this week at 5.20 and on the tele and we have won 4 out of 5 and its 50 mins down the road. How many tickets will we sell? Nowhere near 3500. People will use the excuse that its forest the week after so I will give this one a miss and go to the shitty ground instead. That just proves that they only care about the forest game and none of the other games which is not what i would call loyal support. I get really annoyed when people laud our fans because we sold out for forest in a couple of hours. Along with leicester its the only away game we sell out for. I just wish that more fans would show how loyal they really are and go to the less glamorous places like bristol, burnley, reading, Ipswich etc. Rant over.

As I said, we have the best support in the east midlands when it comes to sticking at home, anywhere outside the midlands and our fans just aren't interested and I don't blame them. As much as I love a good away day, a trip down to Watford just seems dull and pointless when I can listen to it at home and do other things, watch the highlights on ramsplayer or on the beeb later that day, also good to moan on here.

When it comes to near away games or a 'bandwagon game' as I like to call them, for instance Barnsley away we took 8k which has got to be some sort of Championship record, although probably not then we are quite good.

Tickets are extremely expensive and so is travel, i normally get to around 5-6 away games a year, i can't do more than that as i have to pick and choose which ones due to money arrangements, next year i will be lucky if i can maintain a season ticket due to the cost and the fact that i will be at university. Our away support isn't great but not many teams in this league have good away support, forest, leeds can't comment on leicester as am not sure but they are the only ones which have really good away support.

Archived