Derby County v Doncaster Rovers

GboroRam

yes BD was excellent today. I was impressed by bryson too - but you have to say the two CBs were excellent. It did make me chuckle to see o brien get the better of the big troll up front.

That lad looks like he's already played 100 league games - he has slotted in very well. Amazingly well. His positioning is very good.

(Like the look of hendrick) - not in a gay way:)

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing about today's performance was that no one stood out. It was a TEAM performance form first to last.

No superstars, no blonde haired over paid idiots running out of position, just a bunch of honest players working hard for their manager and team.

We did the basics well.

The best thing about today's performance was that no one stood out. It was a TEAM performance form first to last.

No superstars, no blonde haired over paid idiots running out of position, just a bunch of honest players working hard for their manager and team.

We did the basics well.

very good point. the two irish lads keep things simple - and that is exactly what we need.

We're top story on the BBC's Championship pages. Hahahaha, fook off Southampton/Peterboro'! :D

Clough again sounded like he was going to explode with pride. :)

Great result again today. Obviously we arent going to win every game. Dont think we will implode like last season tho. Then we lost players going back from loan lke Fielding. Kuqi , Moore. Plus Commons having to be sold . Thats why we plunged from 4th place to 19th.

This season we only have to look forward to players coming back from injury and maybe some new players to stengthen the squad once we get rid of the deadwood players.

Are we not having ratings? :(

C'mon. I like it when we do those.

Fielding - 7 - Excellent time waster. Did what he had to do well.

Brayford -7- Got forward well. He can still play better, we've seen it.

Shackell -7- Unbeatable, no nonsense. Won his headers, distributed fairly

O'Brien -8- Would head a bullet. Almost got caught out but was a rock

Kilbane -8- Solid defending against players faster than him. Intelligent play capped with a goal.

Bailey -7- Mature performance grew in confidence in the second half

Hendrick -7- Provided good protection like Bailey. Got better and better with confidence

B.Davies -8- Offered lots of quality service. Set pieces are mint.

Bryson -7- Very hard working. Did all the dirty work well. Good.

Ward -7- Looked dangerous when he was on.

S.Davies. -7- Like the Brum performance, just struggled to hold onto anything for a while. Then came good.

Croft -7- Offers lots of protection. Hard working decent tackling display.

Robinson -7- Good play. Again, perfect substitute. Did exactly his job.

Maguire -7- Didn't get long but offered some decent ball carrying and hampered Donny's attacks as they tried to build.

Maybe no stand out performances in my opinion. But no one needed anyone to cover for them. Everyone did their job. That's why Fielding had a comfortable afternoon and our striker scored.

3-0. We could have been better first half. But we were good enough throughout. Whole team mucks in together.

Didn't get to see Barnes doing his "call my agent" celebration.

Such a shame.

Great result for the lads today securing me the bragging rights at work.

Happy and good days to be a Rams fan...:D

Realistically at the start of the season I saw it slightly different to where we are:

Brum - a draw

Watford - a draw

Blackpool - a loss

Donny - a draw but hoping for a win

My forecast was probably 3 points but 5 at best...Oh how I like being wrong.

Time to go carry on with the beers so that I can sober up in time for work on Monday to enjoy the banter.

Happy days are here again.....:D

Great result for the lads today securing me the bragging rights at work.

Happy and good days to be a Rams fan...:D

Realistically at the start of the season I saw it slightly different to where we are:

Brum - a draw

Watford - a draw

Blackpool - a loss

Donny - a draw but hoping for a win

My forecast was probably 3 points but 5 at best...Oh how I like being wrong.

Time to go carry on with the beers so that I can sober up in time for work on Monday to enjoy the banter.

Happy days are here again.....:D

Send Billy Sharp down the M180 and it's BANG ON!

I have too say this is better then I could have dreamed for a start of a season.

Lets see 4 wins in 4 conceeded only 1 goal scored 7. Beaten two ex prem teams tipped to be pushing promotion straight back into the prem and the bogey team at home in Donny today.

However it gets better we are seeing that the youth system at Derby working and producing players under Clough and his back room staff which is going to save us millions in the long run

There is still better than this we have as previous posters says a squad that is stable only one loan in Kilbane and can I please put on record he is getting better by the game with match practice. Please sign him (even for a season) as he is better than Roberts and the back 4 looks solid. Players to come back. Yes we won't win every game but they will certainly win more than they lose and I have to say injuries permitting as they can kill a side we will have a better season then we have had since the promotion season.

However there is still more Forest and Leicester are below us and must not be looking forward to playing us roll on 17th September

Then there is the icing to the cake, Billy Davies is nowhere to be seen and Forest are reaping the seeds of post Billy as was with Derby gutted. Agent McClaren doing a fine job keep it up lol (sound familiar red fans re Clough).

The cherry on top of the cake is seeing Jewell doing a fantastic job at ipswich:D doing a Derby spending shed loads on players who can not play together but carries on buying because he thinks it looks good and have shipped in 12 goals in 2 games. Priceless.

In summary;

If they told me at the beginning of the season we would have 12pts in 4 games, 2nd in league, Billy Davies no where to be seen, McClaren doing an England on Forest and Jewell imploding at this stage I would be saying what you taking.

But life is good long may it last.

I believe Clough is mainly using two diffenrent tactics - depending on playing away or at home.

Away - I believe Clough wants to play in a 4-5-1 formation to dominate the midfield and strengh the defence, and up front - if it possible - with a fast striker like Tyson and Robinson. In time I'm sure Robinson will be given more time to adopt into the team, as he for sure a one for the future.

Shackell are going to be all the deference from last year, and is for sure our most imporatnt player of all, because of he's so calm and easy on the ball with lot of confidence and great survey og the play, and it all affects the other players in a very positive manner.

But if - like I believe - this Derby squard keep devellop futher, I'm sure Clough like to use a 4-4-2 formation with Tyson and Robinson( or Maguire).

At home I'm sure Clough would like to play 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3 all depending on the team we're going to face.

I would like to see a more attackminded midfield at home of - (CM)-Bailey, (LM)-Ward and (RM)Cywka and Steve Davies just behind Maguire and Robinson; and I would like to think, that Clough would go for that when Shaun Barker is back again to play along site Shackell in the defence.

I agree that both Bailey and B. Davies haven't done enough yet, but at the same time I'm sure they devellop like the others the more time they will be given on the field.

Bailey has played very little because of his injury, so he need time to peak. I'm not sure about B. Davies though, he could devellop too - but I'm not sure he got what it takes in the end, and right now I have to agre that Hendrick is a better choice right now and today against Doncaster.

I my view our biggest problem is left back, and Clough need to find someone of real quality instead of Kilbane, who should play as cover for our left midfiled instead and Roberts.

I believe Clough is trying to get someone in at that place at loan, and that he still sees Martyn Waghorn as the perfect player in our team at right site of our midfield.

I just hope Leicester will buy at least one more striker, which will put MW futher back in Erikssons picking order and create the oppertunety for us to loan Waghorn and later on in the next transferwindow to buy him.

Maynard will be off to Fester this week,which will free Waghorn up for us!

Just home and so pleased I even went to see the mother in law in Long Eaton!! 220 Miles seems nothing when we win:D

It seemed a poor attendance today [how many season tickets are we supposed to have sold?] but haven't seen the numbers.I suppose they'll start to come out of the woodwork soon,when we keep this up. ;)

Just home and so pleased I even went to see the mother in law in Long Eaton!! 220 Miles seems nothing when we win:D

It seemed a poor attendance today [how many season tickets are we supposed to have sold?] but haven't seen the numbers.I suppose they'll start to come out of the woodwork soon,when we keep this up. ;)

Remember holiday season and we don't normally do well in August.

My wife nearly booked a holiday in the season time managed to work it to be there for the two home games and the friendly against Villa. Another win next week and then there will be people there

Remember holiday season and we don't normally do well in August.

My wife nearly booked a holiday in the season time managed to work it to be there for the two home games and the friendly against Villa. Another win next week and then there will be people there

What was the attendance?

I love the holiday excuse - did these 10,000 people not go on holidays 2/3/4 years ago!!!

Granted Donny's following was shocking, but the crux of the matter is that our season tickets (of which we have sold many) are relatively cheap, while our walk up tickets (of which we have sold few) are the 3rd most expensive in the league.

I can't see us averaging over 25k even if we are in or around the play-offs all season as people simply cannot afford it.

Archived