Non-Derby County games thread

ANGERMAN1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a laugh at work with a plastic manure fan tonight. The match hadn't finished but I asked him if he was ok and did he need some kompany..............after exchanging pleasantries 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> , it turned out that I'd been to Old Trafford more times than him.

I've ever only been as an away fan to watch the mighty Rams.

pathetic sad *****. Support your local club or STFU! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

The race isn't over they have to go to newcastle and win. I said it wasn't over when united had an 8 point lead and it isn't over now.

No its not over, i would be astonished if City win it.

United thought they'd won it at Blackburn......the players celebrated at the end of that game like it was all over. At least it will go to the last game now.

Somebody really ought to tell Giggsy & Scholles they're past it. They were carp, as was Rooney.

Fell asleep towards the end and missed the touchline tit for tat between Mancini & Fergie - from reading this morning it seems Fergie feels Mancini was trying to influence the ref.

Pot, kettle, black, Fergie. You've done your own share of that. You got beat by far the better team on the night, deal with it and put yer handbag away.

If Derby ever got into that situation and then put in a performance like Man Utd did last night I would feel absolutely sick... they were dreadful, and I mean absolutely dreadful, and the worst thing for me was they didn't seem arsed to pull themselves out of the rut they seemed happy enough to stay in!!

I don't want either team to win the title, through all the money spent I would prefer United to win it obviously... Man City a team full of mercenaries looks likely to win it, if they drop points now... they want bloody shooting!!

I think it will be settled on goal difference, wonder when the last time that happened?

Dunno about goal difference, but Arsenal won on goals scored in 1988/89, after a 2-0 win at Liverpool. Both Arsenal and Liverpool had 76 points and a goal difference of +37, however Arsenal scored 73 goals, to Liverpool's 65.

I think that the Newcastle-Man City could prove more pivotal than last night's game. Sky and Co were going on about it as a title decider, when in truth it only made it tighter at the top. Man Utd will probably beat Swansea and may get a win at Sunderland, but for Man City the hard work will be more or less over if they beat Newcastle. They'll only have to beat QPR (who didn't exactly put up much of a fight against Chelsea), and they already have a greater goal difference than Utd.

Last night's game was such an anticlimax, though (and that actually makes me laugh, considering the buildup). Apart from the last 15 minutes of each half, there was little worth talking about, and Utd were awful throughout.

Archived