Theo

Perky1106

Any geek willing to draw a line graph to represent the quality of his performance over time? Because it's taken a steep rise since Wednesday.

Today he was working hard, chasing balls, ankle-biting Birmingham's back four and keeper. He was doing the basics right, demonstrating a decent first touch, holding the ball up up front brilliantly, a major contribution that stopped Birmingham equalising.

He was a brilliant substitute.

Where has this come from? It was great to hear everyone in the stadium shouting his name because he deserves it from what he's done this week. I'm sure he'll go into Shrewsbury and Blackpool feeling confident.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been similar all pre season. We are simple at derby an not as hard to please as some may think. Put some bloody effort in, throw yourself about and leave it all out there and we will appreciate it.

He was very good in the corners late on. He was indeed a perfect substitute.

For now, i don't think he's good enough to start, but it's having that sort of substitution performance that makes a massive contribution to the result. Even if only on the pitch for 5mins.

We are simple at derby an not as hard to please as some may think.

Yet a lot of us seem to think we have a divine right to be in the top flight.

But I agree with the rest of your point, Theo did all we needed and all that was possessing the necessary technical attributes and doing the basics.

Yet a lot of us seem to think we have a divine right to be in the top flight.

You should hear Leeds/media United talk.

Whether it's playing in League 1 or getting thrashed by newly promoted Southampton, they will always believe the should be playing the Champions League and are rivals with Man Utd.

btw, completely off topic, isn't Michael Brown such a perfect fit for them. :rolleyes:

I remember last season saying we should give Theo time, he's young, not played many games and will take time to settle in.

Oh noooo, his touch is ****, can't control a ball, can't finish, all pace, wouldn't get in a pub team blah blah.

Derby fans are too quick to judge a player, some even write them off before the ink is dry on the contract.

Theo is the perfect example when all we ask is you give a player a chance.

I remember last season saying we should give Theo time, he's young, not played many games and will take time to settle in.

Oh noooo, his touch is ****, can't control a ball, can't finish, all pace, wouldn't get in a pub team blah blah.

Derby fans are too quick to judge a player, some even write them off before the ink is dry on the contract.

I was one of them.

And if he is going to be playing that sort of mature performance like today i'll be very happy i was wrong.

I've written of Tyson scoring many goals too. So hope that's even more wrong.

With Theo, i just expect any footballer at this level to be able to control a ball. I don't really except match fitness or form as an excuse. It's a ball, if you get to this level of the game then you should have a basic sort of instinctive touch. Theo couldn't trap anything at all! :eek:

But today he was superb. Contributed massively to a comfortable final 10 mins.

I think we're both glad your looking like you were correct.

[sIZE=1]Pearson is garbage. I'll only change my mind on that one if he pays us back with 4 or 5 brilliant seasons. He's in performance debt ;)[/sIZE]:rolleyes:

The bloke next to me today was on about how crap Steve Davies was playing. Guess what happened five minutes later?

The bloke next to me today was on about how crap Steve Davies was playing. Guess what happened five minutes later?

I think with Davies, if the team are playing bad, he looks bad. He's a good finisher, but he's not one to drop deep and win it really. If the supply to him is bad, he looks poor.

I dont mind Theo, I think he is a bit of a donkey but is a decent impact player with his pace and power but 20 good mins doesn't mean he is a good or a bad player.

You're right. It is no indicator because even Andy Todd had a sensational few minutes for once.

But it's healthy to assess a positive performance when our pre season has focused so much on the negatives.

The cretin that sits a few rows behind me started screaming abuse at Shackell for conceding a freekick in the second half. He spent most of the rest of the afternoon shouting that Lee Croft wasn't working hard enough either. We've got some absolute ****** at pride park, and they're always the ones with the loudest voices.

Pleased Theo did well yesterday- I haven't had a bad word to say about him, just looked like nerves last season and trying too hard to please.

Was great to watch yesterday and looked like he was really enjoying himself too which will help him no end after looking scared stiff last season.

Davies did look crap til he scored but that is because the service was terrible- we resorted to punting long balls up the field time after time. When we started to play properly, he looked a different player.

The cretin that sits a few rows behind me started screaming abuse at Shackell for conceding a freekick in the second half. He spent most of the rest of the afternoon shouting that Lee Croft wasn't working hard enough either. We've got some absolute ****** at pride park, and they're always the ones with the loudest voices.

I find them hilarious. Had a psycho near me when I sat on the top row of the south stand during the prem season. Used to shout abuse all game, smash the plastic covering at the back if a pass went astray and generally shout "****ing head it" every 2 minutes. Made my season. The place wouldn't be the same without them, lighten up folks.

Archived