Theo

Perky1106

I was one who has been saying good things about Theo since we signed him, on this and other forums, got slagged off, but as always I am usually correct. ;)

Quite ridiculous that people fail to see irony. You're suggesting, if I've called this correctly, that after a cameo apperance as a sub he has proved you and several other posters right. This in terms of waiting to see whether a player can come good with sufficient time to develop. Surely, you're about 6-12 months premature with your self-appraisal. The rest of us, who've had both good and bad things to say about Theo will wait a little longer, I'm sure our final deliberation will be eagerly anticipated.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite ridiculous that people fail to see irony. You're suggesting, if I've called this correctly, that after a cameo apperance as a sub he has proved you and several other posters right. This in terms of waiting to see whether a player can come good with sufficient time to develop. Surely, you're about 6-12 months premature with your self-appraisal. The rest of us, who've had both good and bad things to say about Theo will wait a little longer, I'm sure our final deliberation will be eagerly anticipated.

Believe it or not, but after watching football for over 50 years, I have the knack and ability after seeing players for one or two games, to be able to make a decision if they are good or bad. Seems ironic that we have to wait 6-12 months for Theo, yet everyone is wetting themselves over Shackell after one game. :rolleyes:It is quite simple, and I am always correct. Over Lunch I was just saying to Mrs Ram, I should have been a football scout. :)

BTW I was right about, Alan Durban, Ron Webster, Kevin Hector, Alan Hinton, Steve Powell, Willie Carlin, Archie Gemmill etc etc. and in the last 50 years have never been wrong. :D

Believe it or not, but after watching football for over 50 years, I have the knack and ability after seeing players for one or two games, to be able to make a decision if they are good or bad. Seems ironic that we have to wait 6-12 months for Theo, yet everyone is wetting themselves over Shackell after one game. :rolleyes:It is quite simple, and I am always correct. Over Lunch I was just saying to Mrs Ram, I should have been a football scout. :)

BTW I was right about, Alan Durban, Ron Webster, Kevin Hector, Alan Hinton, Steve Powell, Willie Carlin, Archie Gemmill etc etc. and in the last 50 years have never been wrong. :D

Has been a while since I've indulged in the writings of those who offer self-fulfilling prophecies to an accalimed 100% track record. BTW, you hardly need to point out where you've been right as you finish by stating you've never been wrong. I enjoy your posts though, keep it up.

Has been a while since I've indulged in the writings of those who offer self-fulfilling prophecies to an accalimed 100% track record. BTW, you hardly need to point out where you've been right as you finish by stating you've never been wrong. I enjoy your posts though, keep it up.

Oh yes I can still keep it up. Ask Mrs Ram :D

Oh yes I can still keep it up. Ask Mrs Ram :D

HA! You have a better self-proclaimed scouting record than Peter Taylor. She is very lucky :p

The cretin that sits a few rows behind me started screaming abuse at Shackell for conceding a freekick in the second half. He spent most of the rest of the afternoon shouting that Lee Croft wasn't working hard enough either. We've got some absolute ****** at pride park, and they're always the ones with the loudest voices.

and they always seem to sit near me, regardless of where I sit. :mad:

Back to the thread ... Theo

I enjoyed his cameo yesterday as I think everyone else did. I also enjoyed seeing him against Leeds and QPR last season. Other than the Eastwood pre-season friendly these are the only times I have seen him play. For me he looks raw but he has something that I'm sure will be unlocked by Nige and the team.

We know about his blistering pace and what scary thing that is in this league, worked really well for us yesterday. For me though I really like his great attitude, it seems like a mad thing to say as a fan but this guy actually looks like he enjoys playing.

This kid will give his all and we will love him for it.

The cretin that sits a few rows behind me started screaming abuse at Shackell for conceding a freekick in the second half. He spent most of the rest of the afternoon shouting that Lee Croft wasn't working hard enough either. We've got some absolute ****** at pride park, and they're always the ones with the loudest voices.

They also tend to rush home and post on here as well;)

I definitely shouted abuse at Pearson all Tuesday, but to be fair, he deserved it.

I was tempted, but resisted. I just come on here to hammer him. I don't like to see our players with their heads down.

Some of the moaning (not all) was a bit harsh on Tuesday. It's only the Carling Cup and our league record still says P1 W1 D0 L0. Some of the whinging was a bit OTT.

If we beat Watford/Blackpool people will forget this result entirely for a bit. That's how unimportant it was.

Motivation wont be a problem in the League. Maybe Nigel should play a second string side against these lower teams if motivation is the problem. A few players with something to prove might of thrown up a better performance than that rubbish.

Ball and Bennett could of got on?

He did take it well- have to admit I had my doubts when he went through on goal! He has shown he can score at a lower level but most the goals I have seen him score on youtube have been when he has had lots of time- like on Tuesday. Hopefully he will cope with a higher tempo and chip in with a decent amount of goals- I think he will:D

Going to be a bit controversial here but having just seen the highlights on Rams player the first half wan't as bad as made out. Right up to their goal Derby had the better of it. Even after that. True we didn't threaten enough against a team raising their game but we then went on to win the second half 2-0.

Not so worried about Watford now but then I'm forever the optimist!

Here's the side:

........................Fielding.........................

Brayford..........O'Brian........Shackell.........Kilbane

.........................Bailey............................

Maguire...................Bryson...............Ward

..................Davies...........Robinson...........

I think Kilbane is a bit poor.

As for the Shrewsbury game, we passed it around well enough but we didn't get anywhere near their area. Croft and Davies and Maguire only touched the ball when they dropped into our half(ish) and S Davies usually only saw it 25-30 yards from goal. It had passing. But lacked invention. Bailey would of been class if fit. Kilbane got destroyed.

Still not bothered about that game though.

But anyway, i'd rather have Roberts than Kilbane. B.Davies over Bryson (for now)

Other than those two i'd like to see that team start. Cywka ready to replace Maguire or Davies if they struggle to create. If he's struggling with his knee or whatever the reason he seems a bit slower it's best not to start him given our injuries.

Archived