It's quiet isn't it?

Perky1106

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No moaning, no one to slag off, no rubbish tactics to indict and no wrists to slash.

What's everyone doing?

See Matchday talk .

Discussing the game. Enjoyed it did you?

Maybe some people are out getting pissed or getting laid all natural reaction to a rams win.

Not letting the win blind us from the problems because there is plenty to improve and work on. It's early days and there were positive signs and plenty to build on. Effort was there and thank god football is back!

Not letting the win blind us from the problems because there is plenty to improve and work on. It's early days and there were positive signs and plenty to build on. Effort was there and thank god football is back!

Effort and good football - what moer can you ask for from a Saturday afternoon.

we even got the added bonus of Theo actually controlling a pass on more than one occasion.:eek::eek:

I haven't seen the highlights of todays game.. So I'm only going off what people have said that went.. However the general thoughts are the central defence in Shackell and O'Brien was solid as a rock..

Doesn't suprise me that we seemed to be solid at the back as the 'defensive maestro' Barker wasn't on the field.. Well I never.. :p

Stick with O'Brien and Shackell if they're decent. Barker is a liability.

Barker and Shackell any day of the week. O'Brien isn't strong enough currently and needs time out on loan somewhere. League Two loan in January after Addison gets back would suit him perfectly, learn his trade some more.

Barker is quality, you've just not seen it!

Been out all day, a good 18 hour all round day (so far) in between so busy in the morning working, and then at the Derby game (we won btw ;)) then drinking, then having a meal, then sleeping, then drinking, then eating, coming home, and drinking. Going out and drinking more. Came home about half an hour ago and planning to eat and drink more. ;)

COME ON YOU RAMS FANS - we need the moaners to spark a debate and I'll be here to argue for at least another 30 mins...

BTW Saw a well known celebrity Derby fan at the game today... ;)

Been out all day, a good 18 hour all round day (so far) in between so busy in the morning working, and then at the Derby game (we won btw ;)) then drinking, then having a meal, then sleeping, then drinking, then eating, coming home, and drinking. Going out and drinking more. Came home about half an hour ago and planning to eat and drink more. ;)

COME ON YOU RAMS FANS - we need the moaners to spark a debate and I'll be here to argue for at least another 30 mins...

BTW Saw a well known celebrity Derby fan at the game today... ;)

Yes I was there. You should have said hello.

Barker and Shackell any day of the week. O'Brien isn't strong enough currently and needs time out on loan somewhere. League Two loan in January after Addison gets back would suit him perfectly, learn his trade some more.

Barker is quality, you've just not seen it!

I say he's currently far better than Anderson and judging on yesterday can hold his own in this league. Easily our 2nd best FIT centre back right now. There's no room for a loan.

Think people are viewing him with rose tinted glasses a little.

He missed a fair few challenges/jumps for the ball, he needs experience somewhere else. League One perhaps then.

I'm a big fan of his, but he's not good enough yet. Barker is the far better player, but I think O'Brien will be better than him one day.

I say he's currently far better than Anderson and judging on yesterday can hold his own in this league. Easily our 2nd best FIT centre back right now. There's no room for a loan.

I'd say he's as good as Anderson, though Anderson looked cracking when he first arrived, those injuries are ruining him.

There'll be room when Addison comes back, he won't get onto the subs bench.

I'd say he's as good as Anderson, though Anderson looked cracking when he first arrived, those injuries are ruining him.

There'll be room when Addison comes back, he won't get onto the subs bench.

That's the problem. Anderson has been ruined by injuries and I don't think we'll ever see him properly again. This same thing happened a year ago with him. He didn't look any good before he got injured yesterday, and sure enough, off he went.

But as I say, with Barker out, Anderson out, Addison on loan and Riggot still building fitness, he is right up there right now. A few more games like yesterday will do no harm to the lad. He puts his body on the line and the ball in row Z. Have to admire that.

That's the problem. Anderson has been ruined by injuries and I don't think we'll ever see him properly again. This same thing happened a year ago with him. He didn't look any good before he got injured yesterday, and sure enough, off he went.

But as I say, with Barker out, Anderson out, Addison on loan and Riggot still building fitness, he is right up there right now. A few more games like yesterday will do no harm to the lad. He puts his body on the line and the ball in row Z. Have to admire that.

In fairness, last year he wrecked his entire season to make sure we'd have another centre back at Leeds away. He played despite injury. Not sure if he did that again this season or if he just got a knock.

For the moment we need him yes, but when January comes back around with Addison returning and Barker getting back to full fitness, he needs to be loaned out. Sitting in our reserves will do him no good.

And true, he does do that, but that's his job. He's a defender, it's what he's taught to do. Not being harsh on him here at all, I really like him and hope we have him here at Derby for a long time to come, but I think a loan would do him good. There were a few moments yesterday when he was a little 'iffy'.

Still, nice to have this predicament isn't it. :)

I think yesterday proved he is going to be good enough to play at this level.

The only thing that worried me was his distribution at times, and Nigel also picked up on this point in his post match interview. This sort of thing I think will only improve by playing regularly at this level so do not see the point in loaning him out unless he drops down the pecking order when Barker returns.

Anderson is very good, he just can't keep fit.

O'Brien was turned a little too easily yesterday at times and missed jumps for headers etc. He's a cracking talent, but I wouldn't like to be having to rely on him against some of the better strikers in this league just yet.

Still, given a years time I expect him to be our third choice, would just like him to have 6 months somewhere else and get himself more practice against better opponents.

Archived