It's quiet isn't it?

Perky1106

agree sort of

certainly should get the next 5 or 6 games whilst Riggott gets fit

I don't see how it would do him any harm. With the right coaching and learning from mistakes (He's only young so he'd make one or two) he'd improve. Centre backs don't tend to peak for a few years though, I can see him being a top championship CB in 3-4 years time.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sort of club yes, somewhere like that. For now we need him, and he'll get some invaluable time with Shackell, but when Barker gets back and Addison is around he's not going to be getting much time on the pitch.

So a loan would be a good experience for him, much like what Tottenham do with their youngsters, loan them out to clubs, each time increasing in quality, until they're ready for first team action or they know they aren't going to make the grade.

Doesn't always work (God knows what they were doing loaning Livermore to the Championship) but if you get it right then it's a good learning curve.

Still, give it a few years, O'Brien is going to be absoloutely quality. Remember seeing him for the youth team when he first signed for us, he looked far and above the rest of them even then.

Yeah he should be getting a few games in at the front end of the season, something like 6 games in the month of August. So with Anderson, Barker and Riggott all looking to get fit, he can make a good impression of himself during this month. You can excuse him for nerves yesterday I think, first time he's been thrown into the team early on, rather than the dead end of the season.

Pretty cool how we've got so many options actually, although 3/4 are injury prone, plenty of cover. Which is pretty much how it is all over the pitch, quite a versatile squad.

Archived