Is Nigel Having A Go At The Board?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know who is to blame here, Nigel for seemingly only having one target in defensive midfield instead of 3-4 options, or the billionaire board for supposedly not sanctioning a few grand more in wages.

I can't see how it's the fault of Glick or the board unless they rejected Nigel's other suggestions for a defensive midfielder on the grounds that they were too expensive. They've simply tried to sign the player Nigel recommended we should, it's not their fault said player decided to stay at his current club. The theory that Watford could offer a better wage than us doesn't seem to hold, Eustace just didn't fancy it. He probably read this forum and decided he could do without the abuse :D

sometimes you have to pay slightly over the odds though.

Only if the players worth it. Nigel might have decided he's not...

I've got no issue with the fact we haven't signed him as I didn't rate him but I do have an issue with the fact nobody had a contingency in place if we didn't...

Only if the players worth it. Nigel might have decided he's not...

I've got no issue with the fact we haven't signed him as I didn't rate him but I do have an issue with the fact nobody had a contingency in place if we didn't...

I don't have much confidence on what nigel thinks players are worth, he didn't think sharp was worth 1.5 million, which turned out to be completely wrong. I wasn't sure on eustace, wasn't a massive fan but had played well earlier, we obviously didn't have a contingency and that is a worry.

That's my issue too. Of course, we don't know that there's not one in place, but often it seems we're nailed on with one target then panic or go without if we haven't signed that person.

For all we know though we're taking to a player now, so we'll have to see.

That's my issue too. Of course, we don't know that there's not one in place, but often it seems we're nailed on with one target then panic or go without if we haven't signed that person.

For all we know though we're taking to a player now, so we'll have to see.

Wow!!! That has to be the 1st negative post you have ever wrote Alex!!! It has only taken 4326 odd here and about 2000000 on DET!! :p:eek:;)

I think the major issue is that Tom Glick created a certain amount of hype in regards to the summer signings we would be making, whilst the reality doesn't seem to measure up to the expectations that Glick helped to generate.

All this was seemingly to sell season tickets. The money back offer was just spin. The board maybe relying on the fact that people wouldn't ask for a refund at this late stage anyway, irrespective of signings made?

An extra 2k a week for a psition we are deperate for is outweighed by prize money for finishing 1 place higher next season. Or by not injuring a player worth 500k

CovMan,

Your not getting how it works are you?

Bank accounts FIRST

Football SECOND.

We don't want to be the next Plymouth.

Yours truly,

The Board.

ps. we've bought like 8 or 9 players what more do you want? We offered you the chance to hand you ST back. We've got our excuses. What's yours for going to Brighton? Nightlife eh? :rolleyes:

[sIZE=1]Not sure if the Board would put smilies on a letter, so i just went with it. [/sIZE]

CovMan,

Your not getting how it works are you?

Bank accounts FIRST

Football SECOND.

We don't want to be the next Plymouth.

Yours truly,

The Board.

ps. we've bought like 8 or 9 players what more do you want? We offered you the chance to hand you ST back. We've got our excuses. What's yours for going to Brighton? Nightlife eh? :rolleyes:

[sIZE=1]Not sure if the Board would put smilies on a letter, so i just went with it. [/sIZE]

Dear The Board,

It's slightly disconcerting that you are insinuating that i'm gay, and that is main reason for considering Brighton as a weekend break destination. You don't know me man, you won't be there.

Will the same accusations be as rife when i make the trip to watch the DCFC Rams?

p.s Tyson is **** BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yours, but probably on loan, what with the whopping expenditure already seen this summer,

dcfcdavecov.

I don't have much confidence on what nigel thinks players are worth, he didn't think sharp was worth 1.5 million, which turned out to be completely wrong. I wasn't sure on eustace, wasn't a massive fan but had played well earlier, we obviously didn't have a contingency and that is a worry.

He Didnt think Connor Sammon was worth 750k either ,, bad judgement

Archived