Is Nigel Having A Go At The Board?

Not really. Not if you read the rest of the sentence. But you do that alot. Picking on certain words.

Without knowing the wage bill, and the net spend over the last year (taking into account nobody has been sold for more than 850k) then i'd say anything 14th and abopve would be good.

Still think we'll have hardly spent a penny in the last year if Bywater and Leacock go. Not with the rumours of just loans coming in from Bloomers etc.

Ok I apologise if you think I do that but I think you will find everyone agrees with me (although I can't vouch for everyone).

Doubt we will get any money for Bywater or Leacock and I think that will leave us in a position of £1-£2million net spend including loan fees, which I still think puts us in top 10 spenders.

I too would be happy with 14th along with some decent performances as it would represent improvement.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great attempt at sarcasm. Was there no interest in Fielding, Ward, Tyson, Shackell and Bryson? Please inform me as you obviously have great inside knowledge.

Yeah you've got me there. All of the money from the sale of players just sits in a pot waiting to be re-invested on new players. We don't need the money to meet running costs. That's why the investors have not had to inject money into the club every season since they took over.

And you are definitely right about the mass protests, Pride Park was rocking to its foundations as all 20 of the teenagers stuck two fingers up as singing Yanks Out...I think it even made the national news.

Yes, Sheila in catering provides me with all the inside gossip at the club. By the way, she thinks you lot in the public relations department suck.

I was careful to focus on squad building - not running costs. I am not accusing GSE of financial mismanagement, trying to rob us blind, or drowning kittens for fun. I am accusing the billionaire owners of our club of lacking any real ambition to get us into the PL and make us a global brand….

…which fits neatly with most people settling for a mid table finish and some decent performances this season.

Yes, Sheila in catering provides me with all the inside gossip at the club. By the way, she thinks you lot in the public relations department suck.

I was careful to focus on squad building - not running costs. I am not accusing GSE of financial mismanagement, trying to rob us blind, or drowning kittens for fun. I am accusing the billionaire owners of our club of lacking any real ambition to get us into the PL and make us a global brand….

…which fits neatly with most people settling for a mid table finish and some decent performances this season.

So you believe the board have not backed NC in building a squad this or last summer?

I said on another thread that the signings we made were early in the transfer window so are clearly not scraping the barrel last minute signings.

I think a lot of managers would be over the moon if allowed to sign 9 players in one transfer window.

So you believe the board have not backed NC in building a squad this or last summer?

I said on another thread that the signings we made were early in the transfer window so are clearly not scraping the barrel last minute signings.

I think a lot of managers would be over the moon if allowed to sign 9 players in one transfer window.

As i said on another thread, what are you expecting this time next year?

The dead wood has gone, we are struugling to get the wage bill any further down....what next?

That will be the real answer.

My guess is we will sell Brayford or another good performer to get the funds for transfers.

As i said on another thread, what are you expecting this time next year?

The dead wood has gone, we are struugling to get the wage bill any further down....what next?

That will be the real answer.

My guess is we will sell Brayford or another good performer to get the funds for transfers.

That question was not aimed at you! Anyway now you've answered...

I don't think we will be made to sell anyone from now on (if we ever were in the first place) as I think we are now at a stage where we are self sufficient and are perhaps even returning a profit. Bywater and Leacock will take another huge chunk off the wage bill at a guess and this should free up funds for more signings.

You'd think if Clough is thinking long term he'd want to keep onto his players, the one's that make the grade anyway.

Brayford and Bailey, Addison and Hendrick etc..you want to build them up as the spine.

Derby needs that kind of thing, been so many ins and outs, about time we had a core of players so there is at least a bit of familiarity and a new breed of DCFC mentality.

Archived