Is Nigel Having A Go At The Board?

"We'll get James a training session or two under his belt and if he comes through, he will certainly play for some part of the Villa game on Wednesday," said manager Nigel Clough.

"Would that be enough to put him in on Saturday? I think we have got to take the risk, as we are so short of "proper" midfield players, because we haven't managed to secure an experienced midfielder that we made a priority back in April."

Seems to me this is Nigel speak for I'm hacked off Tom! Why didn't you get Eustace??

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know who is to blame here, Nigel for seemingly only having one target in defensive midfield instead of 3-4 options, or the billionaire board for supposedly not sanctioning a few grand more in wages.

How do you know he didn't? :confused: that was just a pure guess based on players there has been speculation with.

It does seem like he is having ago at the board, and who can blame him? we need a replacement and one hasn't come, he knows that as much as we do.

of course it was ambitious, however how many clubs sign players that there is no press on? local or national? also i think we have a way of targeting certain players in the way we don't give up on them until they are a) sold to someone else or b) kept at the club in question, and then we move onto someone else.

I give my example of waghorn, it is quite clear we have been targeting him this summer, but it didn't seem to occur to anyone the need to move on to another striker.

of course it was ambitious, however how many clubs sign players that there is no press on? local or national? also i think we have a way of targeting certain players in the way we don't give up on them until they are a) sold to someone else or b) kept at the club in question, and then we move onto someone else.

I give my example of waghorn, it is quite clear we have been targeting him this summer, but it didn't seem to occur to anyone the need to move on to another striker.

Oh alright, thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes:

Archived