Which manager do you want?

Toadbelly

So, the most popular choice would be to keep Clough. Failing that, we could go back to Burley (who would probably be my second choice also).

But the bottom line is that whatever the club does, they cannot expect a consensus from the fans (even if they re-hired BD!!) on this issue so should pretty much ignore us and stick with the opinions and advice of industry professionals.

Suits me. I would rather trust the fate of my football club to Tom Glick than anyone on this board!

:p

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, the most popular choice would be to keep Clough. Failing that, we could go back to Burley (who would probably be my second choice also).

But the bottom line is that whatever the club does, they cannot expect a consensus from the fans (even if they re-hired BD!!) on this issue so should pretty much ignore us and stick with the opinions and advice of industry professionals.

Suits me. I would rather trust the fate of my football club to Tom Glick than anyone on this board!

:p

Well why wouldn't you, Yanks are the most trustworthy race on the Planet:rolleyes:

I actually do trust Mr. Glick (as far as a fan can trust any businessman running their club). In fact, as he represents investors and is not the actual investor himself, he cannot necessarily be blamed if we do end up getting effed over. Tough job he has.

I actually do trust Mr. Glick (as far as a fan can trust any businessman running their club). In fact, as he represents investors and is not the actual investor himself, he cannot necessarily be blamed if we do end up getting effed over. Tough job he has.
Whats tough about spending other peoples money ?.

Whats tough about spending other peoples money ?.

Really? Walking the line between the owners who want to make a profit/minimize losses even if this means sacrificing on the field success and the fans who want on the field success at any price. You could not pay me enough money to take that job on...at Derby County anyway.

I don't think TG would actually know what to do if he got rid of, or if Clough left

enter the director of football.....

How did he get the best out of Commons?

One good month in 2 years isn't using him well, he sat in the stands for 6 months after they had a tiff.

Everyone knew our best partnership was Hulse and Commons, yet he hardly ever played them together.

This season, he SET Commons up for the best season.. last season he started something ridiculous like 10 games due to injury, most of them were upfront with Hulse.

Commons has never showed the potential to do what he did this season, no-one thought it possible him playing more than 30 games but he managed it, and on top of that he nearly got 30 goals.. put it down to Clough, the backroom staff or the physio that fixed his hamstrings but something gave and Commons performed, he performed well enough he managed to get himself a deal that over-shadowed our 15k a week deal and now is the most sought after player in Scotland, you try and buy him now and the opening bid would have to be around the 5-6million mark I would guess.

All down to Clough?

All down to Commons finally deciding to play so he can earn a new contract more like.

I tell you what, as a manager if I had an asset that I was paying 1/2 a million a year for and I left it sat on a shelf for 6 months because I didn't know what to do with it my directors would have me out on my ear pretty sharpish.

His management of Commons was abysmal, as it has been for a number of players so far.

All down to Clough?

All down to Commons finally deciding to play so he can earn a new contract more like.

I tell you what, as a manager if I had an asset that I was paying 1/2 a million a year for and I left it sat on a shelf for 6 months because I didn't know what to do with it my directors would have me out on my ear pretty sharpish.

His management of Commons was abysmal, as it has been for a number of players so far.

I don't understand what you are getting at? are you saying that Commons was left out the team due to Clough and the hamstring injuries were all rumours?

Clough is the best manager Commons had, and his record shows that.

There was a very public and well documented falling out between them, followed by a long period where Commons didn't play. At first it was put down to another 'tweaked hamstring', but then for a few months he just fell off the radar.

There was a very public and well documented falling out between them, followed by a long period where Commons didn't play. At first it was put down to another 'tweaked hamstring', but then for a few months he just fell off the radar.

Not quite sure how to describe that without using the word "rubbish" - I hate to be so final...but...

It comes down to what you want to believe.

Commons has played the best football of his career under Nigel Clough. That's pretty much accepted as fact by most observers.

Maybe Niigel needed to show a bit of "tough love" to him.

It seemed to work.

But that would make Clough a good man-manager and not fit with the anti-Clough brigade's opinion.

Archived