Which manager do you want?

Toadbelly

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It comes down to what you want to believe.

Commons has played the best football of his career under Nigel Clough. That's pretty much accepted as fact by most observers.

Maybe Niigel needed to show a bit of "tough love" to him.

It seemed to work.

But that would make Clough a good man-manager and not fit with the anti-Clough brigade's opinion.

That first bit is probably true, but I have to ask why didn't we get the best out of him for a year and half, and why did he leave as soon as he got the chance when his family was settled and we (according to TG) offered him the same wages?

That first bit is probably true, but I have to ask why didn't we get the best out of him for a year and half, and why did he leave as soon as he got the chance when his family was settled and we (according to TG) offered him the same wages?

I think this is more about your dislike for Clough than Clough’s mishandling of Commons. Commons always played well under Clough.

He played well during Clough's first few months in charge. Then he got injured. He was our best and most creative player in the 09-10 season. Then he got injured. He was our best and most creative player in the 10-11 season. Then he got sold.

His decision to move was probably based on a range of factors including an extra £5k/week and his desire to win a few trophies during his career.

When he left I can’t remember many, if any, posters blaming Clough. Since he left he hasn’t said anything about his time at Derby to suggest we should blame Clough.

I think this is more about your dislike for Clough than Clough’s mishandling of Commons. Commons always played well under Clough.

He played well during Clough's first few months in charge. Then he got injured. He was our best and most creative player in the 09-10 season. Then he got injured. He was our best and most creative player in the 10-11 season. Then he got sold.

His decision to move was probably based on a range of factors including an extra £5k/week and his desire to win a few trophies during his career.

When he left I can’t remember many, if any, posters blaming Clough. Since he left he hasn’t said anything about his time at Derby to suggest we should blame Clough.

I don't dislike our Nige, I just think he's a very poor manager.

Archived