Rob Hulse

Sheep<3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hulse was a bit of an enigma at times I grant you, but just knowing we had a big lad up front with the ability to nod the ball into the net gave us confidence to get the ball out wide and knock it into the box. He scored some very important goals for us and I have no doubt that if he was still here we would have finished a great deal higher than we did. I would love to see the guy back, the "don't go back to former players" brigade are being paranoid. Give Hulse a run in the team he will score goals, simple

Give Hulse a run in the team he will score goals, simple

That's the trouble, I think IMO he wouldn't get a run in the team with these niggling injuries. Also this only what I think but his success with Derby came with his partnership with Kris Commons. I just think he demand a high wage and no way be the same player we saw two - three seasons ago.

And really expensive presumably?

dear oh dear,there was me thinking rams fans were in an open discussion on whether or not the return of hulse would benefit DCFC.IMO it wouldnt...!!!!!Should we open a new thread to discuss the sky high economy of present day football???Or presumably just stick with this one? HANG ON,your spot on....lets go buy the most expensive player in the universe.....ring cloughie quick.... because Hulse is the only bargain out there presumably???:) Super rams on the up...thats the main thing for me...oh,and no hulse.

dear oh dear,there was me thinking rams fans were in an open discussion on whether or not the return of hulse would benefit DCFC.IMO it wouldnt...!!!!!Should we open a new thread to discuss the sky high economy of present day football???Or presumably just stick with this one? HANG ON,your spot on....lets go buy the most expensive player in the universe.....ring cloughie quick.... because Hulse is the only bargain out there presumably???:) Super rams on the up...thats the main thing for me...oh,and no hulse.

Erm, I see you're new on here. lol!

I'd take him back without a doubt! I wouldn't give him anything silly like a 3-4 year deal on 15k a week but more like a 1-2 on a suitable wage 6-7k a week.

He can play that big man role so effectively, on a free Id definitely have him back.

He only played one game with our new system at the start of last season and looked ideal in that role. If he had stayed fit prior to his move to QPR I suspect he would have been more effective than anyone else we had playing in that position. No reason to believe that he couldnt come back and do it again.

More relevently, where has the idea come from that he has been released??? Did he not leave us for a 2 or 3 year contract at QPR. Surely he would not have gone on a deal until the end of the season - at his age that would have made no sense. Im sure he was mentioned in a recent article from QPR that cited him as one of the players that they feel can do a job in the Prem and certainly if they think Helguson is up to it that would fit. Unless I have missed something in the press I cant see where circumstances would arise where Hulse would be available at this time of the summer. Maybe a month in to the season before the transfer window closes if he has not been getting a game - but certainly not right now

I'd take him back without a doubt! I wouldn't give him anything silly like a 3-4 year deal on 15k a week but more like a 1-2 on a suitable wage 6-7k a week.

He can play that big man role so effectively, on a free Id definitely have him back.

Can he? I can't deny that he scored goals for us, and probably scored the goals that kept us up, but I really don't rate him as a target man. He doesn't hold the ball up well enough, he doesn't work hard enough, he's not strong enough and he's not great in the air with his back to goal.

Wow, welcome to the forum- nice spit of vitriol there! As you said it is an open discussion and I have put my opinion forward that I would like Hulse back and someone else has put their opinion forward that they would like young hungry players. We can't afford these players, hence me saying that they would be expensive I was merely pointing out that young hungry strikers don't come cheap if you want them to be at least partly proven, a figure of around 1 mil has been banded about as a possible figure- it simply isn''t enough for a quality young striker. Therefore your "lets go and buy the most expensive player in the universe" comment merely backs up my comment, I don't want us to and don't think that we should be throwing money around.

In surmise - Hulse is a known commodity and I feel he would be able to do a job for us again- if he is free then all the better.

That's the trouble, I think IMO he wouldn't get a run in the team with these niggling injuries. Also this only what I think but his success with Derby came with his partnership with Kris Commons. I just think he demand a high wage and no way be the same player we saw two - three seasons ago.

I admit he hit a purple patch with Commo at times but he was still regular scorer on the many occassions that Commo was injured or "missing" on the pitch. He would need to take a drop in wages but if he did he could be a big player for us again. As for the injuries it is a gamble you have to take- he could be the new Stevie Howard

Archived