Rob Hulse

Sheep<3

Don't think he has been released or would be released.

I like Hulse - he's the archetypal Championship player, but his injury record isn't going to get any better and in these days where salaries and VFM are paramount I'm not sure we would get more than perhaps 15 games from him and even at a generous conversion this wouldn't be any better, goals wise, than the guys we're linked with. Let's face it, we're in a position whereby we either take a punt on a lot of unproven players or we go with more experienced options on higher salaries. I like the idea of Eustace and Shackell alongside the young 'uns. I also hope we get Waghorn - I think he and Maguire would be a pain in the arse pairing who would cause defences a lot of hassle with their movement and aggression. When we had Hulse there was a temptation to lump it. we have to keep the ball much better this year or we will concede plenty.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he works alot harder than hulse

...But didn't score as many as Hulse did (proportionately).

Pretty unfair to imply that Hulse doesn't work hard - I think that's one his biggest character traits.

If we could get him on a one year deal on wages in line with the rest of the squad, I'd love to have him back.

Honestly, if he wanted back I'd welcome him back with open arms. We have have as many Maguires, Tysons, Robinsons and Davies as we feel like, but we need a player who can hold up the ball and has a nose for goal. Right now we lack the most important signing of the summer and there's no sign of where its coming either, and that's a bloody goalscorer. We've been linked to Rooney and Waghorn, but not to the same extent as the rest. Unless we get a goalscorer we're not going to improve on this season.

Honestly, if he wanted back I'd welcome him back with open arms. We have have as many Maguires, Tysons, Robinsons and Davies as we feel like, but we need a player who can hold up the ball and has a nose for goal. Right now we lack the most important signing of the summer and there's no sign of where its coming either, and that's a bloody goalscorer. We've been linked to Rooney and Waghorn, but not to the same extent as the rest. Unless we get a goalscorer we're not going to improve on this season.

Perhaps you would feel better if Nigel or Tom announced to the papers who they are talking to. Or maybe they could come on here and announce it - just to keep it a secret among ourselves. Or perhaps (maybe a bit radical), we could take a look at the calendar and see that it is only June 13th and still much closer to last season than next.

No, no, no.

He's injury prone, a drain in the wage bill and we'd end up hoofing it to him.

Yes, Yes, no, Leeds away last year he fitted perfectly into the system and we played football on the floor.

I do agree though, it is a no from me based on the first two.

Archived