North Stand Block A Relocation to South Stand Block B

therams69

Is the club going to do anything about moving the away fans, so that they do not have an end. Can we put them in a corner out of the way somewhere so that the home fans can have an end? I take it that this may have been discussed with the club, and wondered what they think?

Basically the police and the health and safety manager or whatever his title say it cannot be done.

Which is of course nonsense.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree, flippin stupid health and safety line! We could all list off plenty of stadiums where the away fans don't get an end.

while we're on the topic of health and safety, i don't suppose there's any chance of a 'safe standing' area at pp?

Completely agree, flippin stupid health and safety line! We could all list off plenty of stadiums where the away fans don't get an end.

while we're on the topic of health and safety, i don't suppose there's any chance of a 'safe standing' area at pp?

Every chance if enough wanted it.........

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Tom Glick has said he is in favour of a safe standing area at PP. Just needs enough fans to ask for it.

Basically the police and the health and safety manager or whatever his title say it cannot be done.

Which is of course nonsense.

I'd like to see it done as much as you but I'm afraid it isn't nonsense.

This is due to the fact that the infrastructures that segregate and hold away supporters are in that stand so unless some expensive shuffling is done inside the stands including relocation of cells and moving of the walls so away fans can be confined in a corner then it wouldn't be possible.

I think it would be better if we did Leeds' style and held away fans in a wedge, maybe the lower tier of the SW corner/Marston's stand/whatever it's called (upper tier would mean things get thrown from above on to Rams supporters) but once again infrastructures such as hospitality facilities in that stand rule out the idea.

The atmosphere would be significantly improved if the people from Block B and adjacent blocks either side were relocated to the south stand because the noise would project throughout the stadium better.

I'd like to see it done as much as you but I'm afraid it isn't nonsense.

This is due to the fact that the infrastructures that segregate and hold away supporters are in that stand so unless some expensive shuffling is done inside the stands including relocation of cells and moving of the walls so away fans can be confined in a corner then it wouldn't be possible.

I think it would be better if we did Leeds' style and held away fans in a wedge, maybe the lower tier of the SW corner/Marston's stand/whatever it's called (upper tier would mean things get thrown from above on to Rams supporters) but once again infrastructures such as hospitality facilities in that stand rule out the idea.

The atmosphere would be significantly improved if the people from Block B and adjacent blocks either side were relocated to the south stand because the noise would project throughout the stadium better.

The walls wouldn't have to be moved though. They'd just have to put a new one in the East Stand (assuming we'd move the away fans to the South East corner), while the wall that exists currently under the South Stand would remain. Wouldn't cost too much really - some grounds just have a big gate.

As for the cells - they're not necessary.

Difficult to tell over the Blues fans for the first half hour, but was better than usual - of course the first game does generally have a better atmosphere than your standard Saturday game.

I think though it can only help to have more singers together and over the course of the season that will show.

First half I sat 8 seats away from them.. The banter was good till we scored then they were poor, 2nd half I went to block b and sat with the lot I normally sit with and thought it was a good atmosphere throughout!! There were a few times when we sang the "rams go marching in" and it seemed so loud that I got goosebumps, as if it was the forest game!!! Lets just hope that against the millwalls and Doncasters on a cold night the south and south/east can bounce off eachother and hopefully make pp a little more intimidating place for away fans to visit and give the players a boost!!!

RAMMIE NEEDS TO LEARN WHEN TO BANG THAT BLOODY DRUM THOUGH!!! (Geordie b#****d) lol

First half I sat 8 seats away from them.. The banter was good till we scored then they were poor, 2nd half I went to block b and sat with the lot I normally sit with and thought it was a good atmosphere throughout!! There were a few times when we sang the "rams go marching in" and it seemed so loud that I got goosebumps, as if it was the forest game!!! Lets just hope that against the millwalls and Doncasters on a cold night the south and south/east can bounce off eachother and hopefully make pp a little more intimidating place for away fans to visit and give the players a boost!!!

RAMMIE NEEDS TO LEARN WHEN TO BANG THAT BLOODY DRUM THOUGH!!! (Geordie b#****d) lol

Rammie needs to **** off with that drum, and the club need to sack the goal music off as quickly as possible. That was embarassing yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello rams fans just come off the phone after an interview with radio derby they have been keen to investigate blackpools stewards disgraceful behaviour at the time of last weeks match they are intending to run with this on thursday morning between 7 and 9 am so if any one else feels aggrieved please phone them before they go on air we have more chance of ticket refunds if we are in numbers and very public! Cheers paul

In addition I have requested CCTV footage of the turnstiles.

FSF also strongly involved and I am updating them on a daily basis.

As Paul said strongly advise anyone else to get in touch either with me or on here if they encountered any problems at Blackpool last week.

Nick

In addition I have requested CCTV footage of the turnstiles.

FSF also strongly involved and I am updating them on a daily basis.

As Paul said strongly advise anyone else to get in touch either with me or on here if they encountered any problems at Blackpool last week.

Nick

You got Amanda Jack's E-mail/FSF contact details Nick? I wasn't myself the victim of anything (bar the idiot stewards having a go at me for walking around the queue the wrong way, an hour and a half before kick off, when no one else was about) but saw plenty of incidents/was in amongst it and would like to add my two pennorth, if it is welcome.

You got Amanda Jack's E-mail/FSF contact details Nick? I wasn't myself the victim of anything (bar the idiot stewards having a go at me for walking around the queue the wrong way, an hour and a half before kick off, when no one else was about) but saw plenty of incidents/was in amongst it and would like to add my two pennorth, if it is welcome.

Yes mate.

Its amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk - been in touch with her on phone and email on a daily basis since all this occured.

Would appreciate you getting hold of her and putting your side of events into the equation!

Archived