Another Billy Davies talk (sigh)

Tricky Tree

No, BD isn't entirely responsible, however the foundations for failure were laid down even before the play-off final with his constant moaning about 'we need to get more quality', and the uncertainty of whether he would stay or leave.

I believe his comments went a long way to destroying any confidence the players had.

Matt Oakley and Steve Howard also bottled out of the fight and left (under Jewell) to get relegated with Leicester (I'd forgotten they also did their re-building in League 1).

Anyway enough Forest and Billy crap, Murray aint coming here.

Oakley and Howard didnt have a choice - they were shown the door fairly sharpishly when Jewell went on his shopping spree! They certainly didnt engineer their own exits.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oakley and Howard didnt have a choice - they were shown the door fairly sharpishly when Jewell went on his shopping spree! They certainly didnt engineer their own exits.

From what I remember at the time they both wanted to leave.

If that was not the case then I apologise to both of them.

He was right though, the players werent good enough and more quality was needed.

And yet it was he who bought in Craig Fagan, Calamity Claude, John Macken, Stephen Pearson, Eddie Lewis, Kenny Miller... Shall I go on??? The reason he siad that was because he realised he'd spent it on **** in the first place...

I for one hope Dougherty keeps R2-D2 on so we can all have a laugh at another year of his griping about spending millions only to whinge about how he needs more when results start going against the expensive team he's bought & trained...

And yet it was he who bought in Craig Fagan, Calamity Claude, John Macken, Stephen Pearson, Eddie Lewis, Kenny Miller... Shall I go on??? The reason he siad that was because he realised he'd spent it on **** in the first place...

I for one hope Dougherty keeps R2-D2 on so we can all have a laugh at another year of his griping about spending millions only to whinge about how he needs more when results start going against the expensive team he's bought & trained...

You do realise that we have barely spent owt for the last 3 transfer windows; says something when derby have spent more than us in last few windows, lol.

And the purpose and clever thinking behind introducing a transfer acquisitions committee is highlighted by his failures at derby. What happened at derby will never happen at forest; only one player could be argued as being a miss and that is pele adebola but even he played some big parts at times and the wages he was on were peanuts.

You do realise that we have barely spent owt for the last 3 transfer windows; says something when derby have spent more than us in last few windows, lol.

And the purpose and clever thinking behind introducing a transfer acquisitions committee is highlighted by his failures at derby. What happened at derby will never happen at forest; only one player could be argued as being a miss and that is pele adebola but even he played some big parts at times and the wages he was on were peanuts.

Say it with me:

Forests-Wage-Bill-Is-Twice-As-Much-Derbys

Not spending *the sound ya lips make when you hear Savages name read out in the starting XI*

He was right though, the players werent good enough and more quality was needed.

Exactly right mr Tricky Tree, he was spot on...the players were not good enough and we did need more quality...as I have said many time, I loved Billy when he was here, and would welcome him back in a heart beat, but his one failing was his inability to bring in that quality he craved....having said that...we should have given him the entire season.

Say it with me:

Forests-Wage-Bill-Is-Twice-As-Much-Derbys

Not spending *the sound ya lips make when you hear Savages name read out in the starting XI*

Lol and doesnt it show! Pay peanuts you get average players im afraid as you are finding out. As for the wage bill being double, that is rubbish and was something stated by mr nigel clough himself after we embarrased his side. Diversion tactic............... i think so ;) Dont get me wrong, our wage bill will be higher but double, lol, dont make me laugh.

Billy Davies is a successful manager because he knows how to grind out results at this level, there is a lot of tight games and he manages to come out on top 9/10 times because he knows how to. He has a knack for turning distinctly average players into good players, like he did here and he has done with Forest. I don't look at Forest team and think wow, look at the quality in there... I wouldn't even class it as a good championship squad, an average squad with 2- 3 players that make the difference on the day but we had that during our promotion season also. In many ways I prefer the team we have now than I do to the team we were promoted with, not because we're a better side for it but I believe we have built the foundations a lot better this time round, we've got to find them players that will make the difference on the day, that's the difference between turning us from a bottom 6 side into a top 6 side IMO.

Lol and doesnt it show! Pay peanuts you get average players im afraid as you are finding out. As for the wage bill being double, that is rubbish and was something stated by mr nigel clough himself after we embarrased his side. Diversion tactic............... i think so ;) Dont get me wrong, our wage bill will be higher but double, lol, dont make me laugh.

The finances have to be made public now, due to a new rule in the football league.. It isn't a lie, your wagebill is 16 million I believe, ours is a 8, perhaps less now.. since Savage has gone!

The finances have to be made public now, due to a new rule in the football league.. It isn't a lie, your wagebill is 16 million I believe, ours is a 8, perhaps less now.. since Savage has gone!

well you have seen something different to me mate ;) But like i said, pay peanuts then dont be suprised when you get average players.

Yours was 15.6 million before this season. It's gone up since then with the like of Boyd and Konchesky.

Ours was around 8.5 at the end of this season.

Yours was 15.6 million before this season. It's gone up since then with the like of Boyd and Konchesky.

Ours was around 8.5 at the end of this season.

I bet we're down to around 6million now, Hulse, Commons, Savage all gone and Varney who went on a year long loan.. all the players believed to be on over 10k a week. I got some very reliable information that Findley is on a very fair whack, a lot more than any player currently in our squad, believed to be around 16 thousand a week.

I bet we're down to around 6million now, Hulse, Commons, Savage all gone and Varney who went on a year long loan.. all the players believed to be on over 10k a week. I got some very reliable information that Findley is on a very fair whack, a lot more than any player currently in our squad, believed to be around 16 thousand a week.

Yeah it was 8.5.... Savage was on 14k a week, so that's £750,000 on it's own. Scrap the "half the wage bill", it's more like a feckin third :D

Varney, Leacock, Pearson, Bywater - good to see them moving on in the summer if possible. All high wage earners and don't particularly make us a strong team.

Get rid of those, and together with the cost cutting that's already been done, particularly Sav, Hulse, Commons etc, then you'd have to think that there's a lot of wage budget to use during the summer.

Re Billy - very effective at getting teams there or there abouts in this division, but I wouldn't trust him with any money and he'll more than likely NOT get you up. As long as you're happy to a) control his spending, and b) happy playing Championship football then he's ok for you. Forest have taken steps in relation to point a), and should be ok for point b) as they're clearly not a Premier League club.......:p

I wouldnt class telling it like it is as spin my friend; he has the guts to tell everyone his opinion on the board and the way things work within the club that fans dont see. If only a certain man at derby had the guts to do so and wasnt a yes man ;) Billy can be seen as a bugger but he is also very clever at manipulating the media; i wouldnt believe half the stuff written in the media about him tbh. Even doughty tells you that.

You are a Derby fan are'nt you tricky? "If only?" Come on tricky, out the closet with you. You little spring lamb you......:p

Nottingham Post:

Forest could be ready to part company with Billy Davies as he is constantly at loggerheads with the club's hierarchy.

Lol if ever a person has read an article and then picked out one single line that serves his purpose and then disposes of the other lines which goes against his point then you my friend are him! Wow!

Archived