Adam Legzdins - Burton Albion - Signed

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
200k apparently,

surely fielding must have more than that?

if ward + fielding + robinson = £1m?

i'd guess Ward £400k, fielding £400k; robinson £200k.....iunless we paid £600k for Ward??

surely fielding must have more than that?

if ward + fielding + robinson = £1m?

i'd guess Ward £400k, fielding £400k; robinson £200k.....iunless we paid £600k for Ward??

I don't know what the figures were but I thought Fielding was 250k rising to 350k (something along them lines) Ward around 300k and Robinson was thought to be around 300k when first signed but Clough made a statement that he was signed on a 'nominal' fee so which would have us believe in the region of 100k or less.

I feel bad for us poaching Burton's players though, we should be helping them via loans not poaching their best players.

Think of it this way though. If we them some good young players and they go up, and we have a really bad season and go down... We'll be in the same division!!!

Then since a lot of Burton supporters hate the patronising Derby fans who nicked their manager and they'll have a right go about how we're on the same level now and a little rivalry might just get started...

I feel bad for us poaching Burton's players though, we should be helping them via loans not poaching their best players.

Maybe the 200K will be useful for their own transfer kitty. It is good for Legzdins as well, moving up to the Championship as reward for his outstanding performances with Burton. I suspect one of our young keepers will go the other way on loan. From Derby's perspective. Fielding is a young keeper and I think that we should have competition for his place.

Think of it this way though. If we them some good young players and they go up, and we have a really bad season and go down... We'll be in the same division!!!

Then since a lot of Burton supporters hate the patronising Derby fans who nicked their manager and they'll have a right go about how we're on the same level now and a little rivalry might just get started...

I think you are wrong there my friend. A lot of people go to see both teams. If we go down we will no longer have the ex-Burton manager. He did a fantastic job at Burton and few would resent his moving to a bigger club, that is the way of the world in the lower leagues.

The other thing is, better that we take him than someone else going in for him. Plus we'll probably let Atkins go the other way on loan. £200k seems like a decent price for both clubs, so again, it's not like we're ripping them off.

Looks to me like a good bit of business for both sides.

Shame we can't straight swap for Deeney though......

Maybe the 200K will be useful for their own transfer kitty. It is good for Legzdins as well, moving up to the Championship as reward for his outstanding performances with Burton. I suspect one of our young keepers will go the other way on loan. From Derby's perspective. Fielding is a young keeper and I think that we should have competition for his place.

But would he get a game? What happens in the instance we can't offload Bywater? Bywater was brilliant when he had Carroll for competition. Adam Ledgwuiervfyu'zins career could go down the pan and/or go the way of "reserve goalie" like Harper did for Newcastle for the majority of his football life. Deeney is perfect for the role as sub goalkeeper imo.

Why is it Atkins that's looking like part of the swap and not Deeney?

Deeney is seen as the more progressed keeper. Burton know him. And he'd be 3rd choice here.

Would of though it'd be Deeney. At his age too i'd of thought he'd like to be playing a lot of first team games. He's not going to get much of a sniff with Fielding and Legzdins both signed.

When Atkins goes though i hope he gets plenty of match time. He looks alright. Be good for his development without him having to shift halfway across the country to play for a club he's never heard of.

Archived