Martyn Waghorn

Chris Peduck

Sorry Shilts, I only grammer check if I'm asked to, or by way of making some other point. Life's too short to get hung up on grammer and spelling on forums...

I would also welcome some experienced players in the squad, although some might point to Roberts as an argument against. I think Roberts for his part has said that he was playing with injuries for most of the season, so maybe he'll show better this season. But we still need another left back, a holding mid, and a striker who might at least get somewhere close to 20 goals a season. I look at the forwards we've got currently, and I can't honestly say I see a 20 goals a season man among them. They'll all score goals, for sure, but I don't see a prolific scorer among them. Not sure Waggy is the answer either, TBH, but since we still seem to be preferring to do it all on the cheap as much as possible then I doubt we'll get that proven type of player.

I see what you are saying about the strikers but I think that Ward will get way in to double figures- maybe even 15 or so. Would like to think Theo will get a few- 8 or 9 ish. I don't know about Tyson, not happy that we signed him but if he plays through the middle we really don't know what the outcome will be. Also, if Ball gets a chance as a sub or if injuries bite looks capable of chipping in too. Add to that Cwyka, a few goals from midfield and hopefully 6 or so from Barks things start to look a bit rosier.

I would like another striker but feel LB needs addressing more urgently and a DM next on the list

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see what you are saying about the strikers but I think that Ward will get way in to double figures- maybe even 15 or so. Would like to think Theo will get a few- 8 or 9 ish. I don't know about Tyson, not happy that we signed him but if he plays through the middle we really don't know what the outcome will be. Also, if Ball gets a chance as a sub or if injuries bite looks capable of chipping in too. Add to that Cwyka, a few goals from midfield and hopefully 6 or so from Barks things start to look a bit rosier.

I would like another striker but feel LB needs addressing more urgently and a DM next on the list

Come on son everyone knows a left back is never a managers top priority. I still think we need 2 proven centre forwards. I can see us getting a left back on 6 month loan or similar, but I hope and pray nigels big signing is yet to come, and it'll be a proven striker. Cant see it happening though.

It looks like Waghorn may have given up on us coming in for him, last I heard when he was offered to Bristol he rejected the deal outright and it didn't go ahead, from what I am hearing today he is going to be offered to Bristol + 6million pound, yes, that is correct.. SIX million pound for a striker with one year left on his contract, that is an unreal amount of money and a talented replacement already in the bag.

looks like we are going to have to move onto plan B, lets hope Clough has kept Kuqi's mobile number, otherwise we're screwed!! :eek:

It looks like Waghorn may have given up on us coming in for him, last I heard when he was offered to Bristol he rejected the deal outright and it didn't go ahead, from what I am hearing today he is going to be offered to Bristol + 6million pound, yes, that is correct.. SIX million pound for a striker with one year left on his contract, that is an unreal amount of money and a talented replacement already in the bag.

looks like we are going to have to move onto plan B, lets hope Clough has kept Kuqi's mobile number, otherwise we're screwed!! :eek:

I heard waghorn's going to spurs for 3.5 mil 0_0

Cant beleive the cash they are splashing just shows our 3 million or so budget is peanuts compared to others. Ipswich are having a good go in the market to and must be dishing out big contracts based on who they are signing - mind it is Jewell

Thats got to be a porkie why on earth would Tottenham want him.

Tons of potential, very highly regarded all around it would seem. I don't see why his value would jump up to what Leicester paid though, I think 2million is more than enough to see him move.

He seems like a player that needs games though, he will not get that at spurs either, get him here and put him at the top of that attacking 3, I'm sure he'd score no end, seems like we are contempt with Tyson starting in that role, big ask for someone who hasn't played in that position for years, I expect he could turn out to be a tito villa and run the length of the pitch to get the ball, then wonder how he will get back to where he was meant to be.

Tons of potential, very highly regarded all around it would seem. I don't see why his value would jump up to what Leicester paid though, I think 2million is more than enough to see him move.

He seems like a player that needs games though, he will not get that at spurs either, get him here and put him at the top of that attacking 3, I'm sure he'd score no end, seems like we are contempt with Tyson starting in that role, big ask for someone who hasn't played in that position for years, I expect he could turn out to be a tito villa and run the length of the pitch to get the ball, then wonder how he will get back to where he was meant to be.

I must admit I havent seen him play too much, but Harry is hardly short of strikers so I just cant see why they'd want him at the minute, unless he is offloading some strikers. It would appear if we want him we probably havent bid what Leicester are asking, or I think we could have signed him by now. I do like how our board are strict and if a club is asking more than what we value him at, we wont be messed around, but for a good striker I dont think we have the budget. You are looking around 2/2.5 million for a good championship striker who still has a fair bit of contract left at his club, and I just cant see us spending that on one player.

Leicester would give Waghorn and Steve Howard and anyone else Bristol City wanted if they thought they'd get Nicky Maynard out of it.

And tbh, i wouldn't knock them for it either. Everyone knows what Maynard is about. For a PL team he might be a bit easier to get. For a Championship team it will take a silly offer. I doubt Leicester have given up.

Leicester would give Waghorn and Steve Howard and anyone else Bristol City wanted if they thought they'd get Nicky Maynard out of it.

And tbh, i wouldn't knock them for it either. Everyone knows what Maynard is about. For a PL team he might be a bit easier to get. For a Championship team it will take a silly offer. I doubt Leicester have given up.

I am not sure how many of cloughs main targets he has actually brought in. Waghorn was definately one, Eustace anohter, Shackell ok, and Bowyer if the rumours are to be beleived. I have a feeling he has missed out or been priced out of some of his main targets this summer. I dont think theyd have said what they said about just you wait and see who we sign and then you'll see we mean business if all they brought in was this lot so far. Somethings gone a bit wrong. I am sure we are a couple of major targets down on what Nigel wanted.

I think Eustace deal is still on. Watford perhaps holding out for a price and Derby not quite meeting it. Maybe not, but i think he'll come.

I don't think Leicester want us to have Waghorn anymore. He's pretty decent cover for them, they don't need the cash, i'm sure they'd rather use him in exchange to get something they do want. Maynard maybe?

Not sure why they called us to offer Waghorn on loan to begin with.

Weirdos.

Boycie mentions Bowyer, Derby dont get him, Nige is ***** board out! :p

Dont think we were ever linked to him anywhere but cyber space.....

Sorry about that. I did start the whole thing off, but kinda hoped it would lead to us getting him.

Archived