Worst Adverts on TV

Duracell

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halifax have reached new heights of worst-everness with their songs which have singers dressed as bankers singing an irrelevant happy song to make us somehow think that all people who work at Halifax have ear-to-ear smiles and understand how brilliant life is.

I'm not sure which is worse; the idea that they think anyone would believe that, or the the idea that if they were like that we'd be more likely to use their bank.

Either way, it makes me feel sick. Physically sick.

• 4 weeks later...

Meerkats, GoCompare, Tesco and that totally irritating one for some greaseburger which ends with that skull-peircing whistle. What is really annoying about it is that I can never hit the mute button quick enough.

My daughter got car insurance through the MeerKat lot (can't remember who they are, just shows how ineffective their advertising is) as it was the best deal she could get. Several weeks later she received a Meerkat soft toy which she promptly sold on eBay for quite a wad. Canny girl.

Got to agree about that cheesy Halifax one. Nationwide used to do one using thier own staff. And it showed.

5.) Gilette Fusion Proglide Challenge. Ok, I'm not going to state what's wrong with the advert; I'll just quote the advert itself.

"Woop! C'mon buddy! How's your shave?"

"It's a little uncomfortable, it snags"

"Wow that's clean"

"It's gliding"

"Ahhh come on, take it" [man in a towel grabs him round the neck] "alright alright!"

Im just going to walk into a bathroom full of muscular tramps who just happen to be shaving with their Gillette Mach 3's and just be best buddies with them!

• 4 months later...

I hate any of those badly dubbed foriegn hair dye, yoghurt & cosmetic ones. Lazy lazy companies. I find it insulting and I won't spend any of my cash on a company who can't be arsed to make an advert in English. What, 60 million + consumers not enough to re-make an advert in English? **** off then!.

Archived