Bywater to Cardiff

kanedavid

By bringing in Duke as a replacement for Bywater haven't we just wasted a loan spot in the squad? Aren't we allowed 5 loans in the match day squad? 2 of those could now be taken with goalkeepers - seems a strange one to me

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This season he appears to have been nervous and bred nervousness within all those around him - to the extent where the defence seemed to spend half their time looking over their shoulders wondering whether he was there/what he was doing/whether he was coming for the ball etc etc.

Could that not be reversed, maybe the nervousness has come from the defenders in front of him? Roberts and Moxey have not been exactly solid, Barker has been off it for most of the season, Leacock has had a pretty crap season.

I'm not saying Bywater is totally blameless, the defence consists of 5 players but the 4 in front of him haven't made it easy this season. You could then extend that to the midfield that are not capable of keeping the ball and putting the pressure on the defence, you could then say well we haven't had a striker for the midfield to play to.

The team has a whole simply hasn't performed this season and that nervousness seems to be on the face of every player, it will be interesting to see who picks up the player of the season trophy, it wouldn't be a trophy you would be proud of either.

I say good luck to him and hope it works out. He has made mistakes on the pitch, yes - but so has every bugger else! Nobody is infallable and we've seen that, but we've also seen him make some cracking saves.

It'd be nice to get Fielding permanently in the Summer. Someone who wouldn't cost obscene money and who you could look at and say, we've got out number one for the next ten years.

Many were saying that after Bywaters first season when we won promotion and had loads of clean sheets, normally followed by he will only get better

Could that not be reversed, maybe the nervousness has come from the defenders in front of him? Roberts and Moxey have not been exactly solid, Barker has been off it for most of the season, Leacock has had a pretty crap season.

I'm not saying Bywater is totally blameless, the defence consists of 5 players but the 4 in front of him haven't made it easy this season. You could then extend that to the midfield that are not capable of keeping the ball and putting the pressure on the defence, you could then say well we haven't had a striker for the midfield to play to.

The team has a whole simply hasn't performed this season and that nervousness seems to be on the face of every player, it will be interesting to see who picks up the player of the season trophy, it wouldn't be a trophy you would be proud of either.

Rammie gets it for me - always trying to encourage, never bleats about bad performances.

savages tweet.....

seriously good goalkeeper great move for him and he will be missed by me and all the lads !!

? since when has going to Cardiff been a great move for anyone playing for Derby?

savages tweet.....

seriously good goalkeeper great move for him and he will be missed by me and all the lads !!

? since when has going to Cardiff been a great move for anyone playing for Derby?

Since they were in the top three and we were in a relegation battle.

Since they were in the top three and we were in a relegation battle.

As Churchill said.....I may be drunk but you madam are ugly....and tomorrow I'll be sober.

As Churchill said.....I may be drunk but you madam are ugly....and tomorrow I'll be sober.

Was it Lady Astor who said to him;

'If you were my husband, I'd give you poison'

To which he replied;

'If you were my wife, I'd take it'

:D

Archived