Bywater to Cardiff

kanedavid

Just in on sky sports news

Cardiff City have confirmed the signing of Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Jason Brown on a one-month loan deal.

The Championship promotion contenders have been desperate to sign a shot-stopper and Wigan's Chris Kirkland was a target before the move broke down.

Cardiff boss Dave Jones has therefore turned to Brown and the shot-stopper trained with the Welsh club on Thursday morning.

Doncaster Rovers had also been linked with the 28-year-old to solve their own goalkeeping crisis.

Brown has also spent time on loan at Leeds United and Leyton Orient since joining Blackburn from Gillingham in 2006.

So why would they need bywater aswell?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radio Derby this morning says he's gone until the end of the season, but can be recalled if necessary. Nothing on the DCFC OS tho'.

Also said we'd be looking to take Matt Duke (another ex-Burton player) on loan from Hull as experienced cover. Seems a touch unusual to be taking 2 loan keepers when we can only have 5 loans(I think?) in the first team squad on a match day.

Its 5 loans not counting Bueno.

Fielding, Duke, Ayala, Ward, Robinson - dont think we will bring any more in unless one of the fullbacks gets a long term injury. If they do then expect Ward or robinson to luck out.

Just in on sky sports news

Cardiff City have confirmed the signing of Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Jason Brown on a one-month loan deal.

The Championship promotion contenders have been desperate to sign a shot-stopper and Wigan's Chris Kirkland was a target before the move broke down.

Cardiff boss Dave Jones has therefore turned to Brown and the shot-stopper trained with the Welsh club on Thursday morning.

Doncaster Rovers had also been linked with the 28-year-old to solve their own goalkeeping crisis.

Brown has also spent time on loan at Leeds United and Leyton Orient since joining Blackburn from Gillingham in 2006.

So why would they need bywater aswell?

As the CCFC fan said earlier i nthis thread both their keepers are injured.

Its 5 loans not counting Bueno.

Fielding, Duke, Ayala, Ward, Robinson - dont think we will bring any more in unless one of the fullbacks gets a long term injury. If they do then expect Ward or robinson to luck out.

I thought Clough said that part of the reason for the hold-up in signing Hayes was that Roberts got injured and so they were looking for an on-loan defender to provide cover at left back and possibly centre half. Now all of a sudden we're looking to bring in 2 keepers on loan. Can't really see the point in bringing in a second on-loan keeper, when the likelihood is that all he'll do is sit on the bench. Might as well wait until Fielding gets injured before bringing in more cover. Just my opinion, but I feel that the need for cover is strongest at left back as Roberts' injury there has unbalanced the entire defensive line with a knock-on effect in midfield. We should be looking to get Brayford back at right back asap.

Not likely to be Ward who'd luck out if we're supposed to be signing him at the end of the season.

Assuming this deal has gone thru', and Bywater has gone to Cardiff, it really prompts some serious questions about the state of the club. As far as I can see it, either Ratty's gone as a result of the fall-out from his cryptic Twitter comments, Clough has lost the respect and support of the senior figures in the dressing room (bar Sav, of course), or we need to save money on Ratty's wages (or a combination thereof). The word "intriguing" doesn't quite sum it up for me. If it's either of the last 2 options, then I think it has the potential for a real negative impact on our hopes for arresting the slump and avoiding relegation.

So let me get this right, they want to bring two keepers on loan to cover the fact they have two keepers injured.

We have two keepers injured, get one in, ship one of the injured keepers out on loan, leaving us short in the keeper department. Like Daveo says strange!

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Bywater-set-Bluebirds-loan-deal/article-3292711-detail/article.html

"DERBY County goalkeeper Stephen Bywater is set to join promotion-chasers Cardiff City on loan until the end of the season.

The Derby Telegraph understands the deal could go through today and that the Rams have inserted a 24-hour recall clause.

It is also understood that Derby will move quickly to bring in a back-up keeper to Frank Fielding.

Former Burton Albion number one Matt Duke, who now plays for Hull City, heads a list of targets.

Fielding has started Derby's last two games after he rejoined the club on loan from Blackburn Rovers following an injury to Bywater, who strained a muscle in his side during the recent home defeat by Hull.

Bywater is close to fitness and the Rams are keen for him to play games.

Cardiff also need him to solve a keeper crisis as they prepare for Saturday's televised Championship clash with Ipswich Town.

They have Tom Heaton sidelined with a groin strain, while David Marshall is out for the rest of the season due to an elbow problem.

Cardiff, who sit third in the Championship, have signed Blackburn's Welsh international keeper Jason Brown on an emergency one-month loan but they also want Bywater.

Brown, 28, is out of contract at Blackburn in the summer and has had few opportunities at Ewood Park, where he has been behind Paul Robinson and Mark Bunn.

Bywater has made 167 appearances in his career with Derby, including 24 this season.

The 29-year-old's contract with the Rams has another year to run after this season.

Ross Atkins has been on the bench for the last two games as understudy to Fielding while Bywater has been out.

But Derby are already in the market for a number two keeper and Duke could be heading to Pride Park.

The 33-year-old has played 18 games for Hull this season and was in goal when the Tigers beat Derby 2-0 in September.

He has slipped down the pecking order at the KC Stadium and is behind Brad Guzan and Vito Mannone, who are on loan from Aston Villa and Arsenal respectively.

Duke last's League appearance was in a 2-2 draw at Leeds United in early November.

He played 89 times for Burton earlier in his career, when Rams boss Nigel Clough was in charge of the Brewers. Duke began his career with Alfreton Town."

So, Derby want Ratty to play games, but they're clearly not anticipating that he'll be playing them here? Seems fairly clear to me that he'll be shown the door in the summer while he's still got a year left on his contract.

Making a bit more sense now.

1. Ratty to Cardiff

2. Fielding already here better than Bywater IMO

3. Duke experienced keeper as number 2 to end of Season if he joins.

4. Bywater 24 hour recall clause us as good as gaving him stay here covering for if Fielding gets injured- better to have understudy playing competitive football than sitting on a bench. Plus puts in shop window if selling him to fund a replacement in the summer

5. We have two loans till end of season, that if do well could come in the summer for reasonable fee and wages.

6. Possibly planning for the future.

Hiws that for a reasonable explanation of what's happening without dragging the state of the club into it.

If Bywater has a 24 hour recall then why do we need to waste another loan on Duke?

How many times has Roberts been injured this season already? why not bring in cover or even a replacement for Roberts.

Bywater was our number 1 keeper until he got injured, no mention of Fielding or even being unhappy with Bywater. Now he picks up an injury and suddenly off out on loan. Has Fielding come in and done something in those 2 games to convince Clough that he's better than Bywater, something he wasn't able to do in his previous loan spell?

It might be the Grimsby air but something smells fishy to me and it's not the missus's knickers either.

If Bywater has a 24 hour recall then why do we need to waste another loan on Duke?

How many times has Roberts been injured this season already? why not bring in cover or even a replacement for Roberts.

Bywater was our number 1 keeper until he got injured, no mention of Fielding or even being unhappy with Bywater. Now he picks up an injury and suddenly off out on loan. Has Fielding come in and done something in those 2 games to convince Clough that he's better than Bywater, something he wasn't able to do in his previous loan spell?

It might be the Grimsby air but something smells fishy to me and it's not the missus's knickers either.

And the Rat deserts the sinking ship:eek:

Funny how he's suddenly not injured any more. Makes you wonder about Leacock's 'illness'. Will he be next?

ps fairly sure that you can't recall in the first 28 days of a loan.

It only seems like 2 seconds ago that Nigel was claiming (completely ludicrously obviously) that Bywater was something like the 5th best English goalkeeper and that Don Capello should consider him....and now he has shipped him out...

I'm not sure if it is anything to do with his twitter outburst/eccentric art/behaviour or wages....I think that Nigel has just realised what I have thought since the day we signed him, that he is just rubbish.

Glad he has gone, hoping they can make it permanent.

Having seen something interesting last week from a poster on here, i wouldn't be suprised if it's because of his Twittereringings.

Could have read it how i wanted to, but that's the conclusion i came to.....it's all in the "Has stephen bywater got twitter" thread.

Bloody hell Nige, next you will be getting rid of Pearson after saying many time's he is one of our best midfielders or each time he comes back from injury that he is like a "new signing"

Nige changes his mind more than the Mrs, and agree with whoever mentioned Leacock's "illness" wonder if he is just sick of being at Derby :frown:

Archived