Theo Robinson - Millwall

Srg

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well if we do sign Theo, at least get rid of Pearson, like for like swap, both fast and useless but Theo is faster so in my eyes an improvement!

Plus scored more goals in odd appearances than Pearson's done in 5 years. Albeit, Pearson got one that was a tad more important...... :D

Plus scored more goals in odd appearances than Pearson's done in 5 years. Albeit, Pearson got one that was a tad more important...... :D

Pearson's goal was the worst goal any Derby County player ever has or will score.

It condemned us to a year of misery. Just think, if he'd skied it, we would all have been saaavvveedd

Pearson's goal was the worst goal any Derby County player ever has or will score.

It condemned us to a year of misery. Just think, if he'd skied it, we would all have been saaavvveedd

True, that's one way of looking at it. It also gave us a $hitload of $$$, and although some of that was squandered, financially speaking, we're looking pretty good at the moment. Probably the best we've been in a long, long time.

theo being young do you boys think derby can shape him up to be a good player because it almost makes me laugh how fast the kid is, but his touch is very poor.

only a slight improvement and he will have defences bricking it.

Although he does have pace, His acceleration from a standing start is not as quick as you would associate with someone of his speed and although defenders hate pace, They are all aware he lacks the control/composure and shooting ability to do real damage on a regular basis.

The definition of squad player. Which, I've read, Theo doesn't appreciate too much. Wants to be in the starting XI or starts to sulk (Again, I'm led to believe). Someone who would be useful, Stretches teams and puts defenders on the back foot. But also, the same person you wouldn't want to be unleashing a 20+ yard shot on target or piling all your hopes on him slotting it away in a 1-on-1 situation week in, week out.

In a nutshell......CAN do better!

i think clean shirt's got it right. remember how tyson gaves us the runaround at the city ground? and he did brayford for the cross that led the winner at PP.

he's got pace and it's a real asset at this level (indeed any level)

if he had great first touch and was a gary linnakeresque finisher to boot - he'd be in a PL team.

Although he does have pace, His acceleration from a standing start is not as quick as you would associate with someone of his speed

In a nutshell......CAN do better!

i think at times he has shown good acceleration from standing start but i think when ive seen him he hasn't seemed switched on 100%, but we have got to realise we did throw a youngster onto a sinking ship.

what i was getting at is if we can mould him into a better player and calm him down into a good pro.

and yes i think we could do better, but its not all about replacing players (90% in derbys case) you have to improve what you have, management and trainers earning there money.

I think Theo would be a decent signing if he is played up front on his own in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Through balls would work perfect with him as he wouldn't have to control it and he has a decent shot.

I think Theo would be a decent signing if he is played up front on his own in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Through balls would work perfect with him as he wouldn't have to control it and he has a decent shot.

Decent shot? Really?:confused:

i think at times he has shown good acceleration from standing start but i think when ive seen him he hasn't seemed switched on 100%, but we have got to realise we did throw a youngster onto a sinking ship.

what i was getting at is if we can mould him into a better player and calm him down into a good pro.

and yes i think we could do better, but its not all about replacing players (90% in derbys case) you have to improve what you have, management and trainers earning there money.

Yeah fair shout, Maybe I expect too much.

But he hasn't signed for us yet ('Til tomorrow no doubt!) so there are other options. I guess, The way I feel is, If he isn't going to cost much at all (sub £300k) then it may be worth the punt. Just worried as to whether he will enjoy being more of a bit part player with the onus on working on a few areas of his game to bring him more likely into contention.

I guess a lil composure etc comes with form/confidence etc..It's just that first touch. Just seems like something that comes natural, no?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! lol.

Don't see him becoming a lead talisman for any club in this division, Let alone one with such 'optimistic' aspirations as ours :eek:

See your point tho, Just, Needs more to his game. Teams will adapt to the way we would play and it would be horrifically one dimensional....Desperate passes made and Theo running around to no avail would naturally ensue.

Personally i think his shooting is only twice as good as his first touch.

That's a bad thing.

i think he'll sign and be a part of the squad for when we play free flowing football with a 4-3-3 formation out on one of the wings with ward on the other and le fondre through the middle gobbling up all the crosses and rebounds.

le fondre

ward robinson

bailey green

buijs

and the rest.........

oh dear, time for bed me thinks.

Archived