Relegation - such a bad thing?

Asanovic

Not sure on the GSE/Clough situation, but I certainly don't think that relegation would be a total disaster.

I don't think we'd have much trouble coming up.

We are currently performing at the level of a mid table league 1 side. Why do you think we would get out of League 1 without much trouble?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldnt be the best thing to happen to the club, but if it was to occur, just look at the likes of Forest, Norwich, Leicester and Leeds. All very strong teams who have come back fighting and are placed in the top positions in the league at the moment, who have all dropped down to League One in the last few years..

It wouldnt be the best thing to happen to the club, but if it was to occur, just look at the likes of Forest, Norwich, Leicester and Leeds. All very strong teams who have come back fighting and are placed in the top positions in the league at the moment, who have all dropped down to League One in the last few years..

That's only cause there boards have invested about 8-15 mill on players and we've spent what 2-3 if were lucky so if we went down we'd probably more likely to be the likes of shef we'd and Southampton!

Sorry but didn't people blabber on about relegation not being a bad thing when we were in the Prem? How could going down to a league where you generate less income and are less attractive to good players be a good thing? For every example of teams going back up you have teams that haven't. It's the same with going down from the Prem, some teams go back up, other drop further or just fester in the Championship. We need to stay up, no two ways about it.

To be honest I think we've got a first division team (as a collective not talking about the odd individual player).

However, reading through the comments I minded of the reality of life in the 3rd Tier. Makes the £600K for Commons sound like a bad piece of business to me, seeing as we have nobody now who can create a bit of magic. I'd rather we'd have asked him for one last hurrah and go for free in the summer with our blessings.

To be honest I think we've got a first division team (as a collective not talking about the odd individual player).

However, reading through the comments I minded of the reality of life in the 3rd Tier. Makes the £600K for Commons sound like a bad piece of business to me, seeing as we have nobody now who can create a bit of magic. I'd rather we'd have asked him for one last hurrah and go for free in the summer with our blessings.

Hit the nail on the head mate - going down is going to cost a lot more than £300,000.

If we go down it would demoralise our club, fans would leave we would average about 15,000 a game, we would cut cost even more and unless there was a change of board I could see us becoming an established league one side in the next 5 years, whatever league you're in it takes money and ambition to get up, we haven't got the drive to do so.

I said this at the time of the transfer. We should have kept him for that pittance and made 100% sure the revenues from championship football continue to be reeped next season, it was a stupid gamble, further weakening a crippled squad of our best player for 300k. It's what I've come to expect of these yanks though. Can't see the bigger picture. Any wally can see if you sell your best players it's going to be touch-and-go.

I said this at the time of the transfer. We should have kept him for that pittance and made 100% sure the revenues from championship football continue to be reeped next season, it was a stupid gamble, further weakening a crippled squad of our best player for 300k. It's what I've come to expect of these yanks though. Can't see the bigger picture. Any wally can see if you sell your best players it's going to be touch-and-go.

It's alright Billy, we have Ben Davies :D

Oh, I somehow doubt he'd have lit the place on fire in that final, wind-down season. I think he'd have coasted even more than he had been doing. In fact I bet our Nige would have sat him next to Bueno on the bench after a couple of lazy outings.

Archived