deadline day could be GSEs nemesis

Curtains

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about next summer obviously. We have the emergency loans to use too.

Listening to some of you you'd have thought we had half a season to scout and identify a striker, defender and midfielder and a month to buy that striker, defender and midfielder! This has all come out of the blue, we haven't had time to prepare for this, we're still scouting players. It's all Commons fault. With him still here we wouldn't have needed anyone else.

(just in case anyone thinks I'm serious - I'm not)

We needed 3 or 4 players this window be that loans or permanents. That was prior to losing Commons. We are on deadline day and have 1 in 1 out. So we still need 3 or 4. But this isn't a problem, the squad doesn't need fresh blood in it as we're on a good run of form and have cover for places when form has dipped or players are injured. If we go for emergency loans (the name seems odd, surely it's not an emergency just bad squad management unless you get a string of injuries) then we have to wait until that opens, then there's no guarantee that the people we couldn't sign in a month will suddenly just come on the first day of the emergency loan period.

I wait in hope more than expectation that there is good new today. Please let there be a striker in today.

Does look like we're getting Ayala though. Will probably play him left back then with Brayford CB and Green RB. Play a 4-4-2 system (after we've loaned out Martin who couldn't get in the team due to the system then we loan him out and change the system) with four CM's across the middle.

Best case scenario:

We keep Moxey

We sign Ayala

We sign Sammon

We sign Waghorn

We keep to 4-2-3-1 passing system

Worst case:

We lose Moxey

We sign nobody

We revert to 4-4-2 with 4 CM's across the midfield and hoof it like last season.

As a straw poll which do you think will be the closest scenario?

This is getting riduculous bordering on farcical. We identify the cheap option and then can't afford him!

Sort it out!

Have to agree. If we can't afford a cheap option then why are we even looking? Ssausagehorpe had a bid accepted so i doubt the asking fee has increased too much.

I'm no Board Out sorta guy...... but it's getting a bit boring that we under value players. Including our own. You can't get top division players for 50k anymore. Keep up fellas. Imagine spending £50m on a player. Glick and Co would faint!

Best case scenario:

We keep Moxey

We sign Ayala

We sign Sammon

We sign Waghorn

We keep to 4-2-3-1 passing system

Worst case:

We lose Moxey

We sign nobody

We revert to 4-4-2 with 4 CM's across the midfield and hoof it like last season.

As a straw poll which do you think will be the closest scenario?

I'm going with a hybrid of the two...

We sell Moxey

We loan Ayala

We switch to 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2

We're relgated in May

Just to makes us look even more shambloic The Scum up the road have bagged Konchesky on loan for the remainder of the season. You see that Tom/Nige, that's ambition...

I'm going with a hybrid of the two...

We sell Moxey

We loan Ayala

We switch to 4-1-3-2 or 4-4-2

We're relgated in May

Just to makes us look even more shambloic The Scum up the road have bagged Konchesky on loan for the remainder of the season. You see that Tom/Nige, that's ambition...

Hold on, there was no straw poll for that. You cheeky pessimist, you.

Archived