deadline day could be GSEs nemesis

Curtains

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I fully expect the Ayala signing to be swept under the carpet and forgotten about, we'll wheel out Anderson or Buxton (whichever one can stand unaided), and say we don't need him.

Surely they knew about his injury before today? More likely that Liverpool want us to pay more of his wages than we were expecting.

One left back and one right back? Green and Pearson can fill in there.

One striker? We've got Cywka.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

So far this has been a shocking window - I can't see how either board or management can justify that this week has moved us forward. Especially if Moxey has gone. I'm not Moxeys number one fan - as a left back myself - I think his distribution has been awful, his concentration poor and his defending abysmal over the last 6 weeks- having said that I'd still pick him ahead of Roberts on current form.

Something needs to happen in a positive sense and quick smart.

I'm praying theres a striker at least up someones sleeve and we'll all wake up tomorrow happyish....or at least happier.

I'm still pinning my hopes on the fact that GSE do seem a genuine group of people but christ this is tough to take...

Some DCFC_Kev info would be very welcome right now.

Same here.

They still wont go there Americans nothing is to hard there always up for the fight believe me clough will be gone before the yanks I'd put money on it! ( though I'd want yanks out first)

Wow. Conor Sammon on his way to Wigan.

I swear we don't even have the pulling power to pull a hooker.

I dare say they've overpaid to get him, something we aren't prepared to do all that often.

Plus imagine the wages they can offer him in comparison, even if both bids had been accepted we'd not have got him.

I dare say they've overpaid to get him, something we aren't prepared to do all that often.

Plus imagine the wages they can offer him in comparison, even if both bids had been accepted we'd not have got him.

Possibly not Alex but it's our lack of other options that's the concern. We cant continue with 'we tried but he went elsewhere'. Hooper, Commons, Sammon, Moore, Vaughan that's off the top of my head can't be bothered to think about more.

Possibly not Alex but it's our lack of other options that's the concern. We cant continue with 'we tried but he went elsewhere'. Hooper, Commons, Sammon, Moore, Vaughan that's off the top of my head can't be bothered to think about more.

Absolutely agree. I won't bother repeating what everyone has said about them giving us excuse after excuse but "we tried" just isn't good enough at the moment.

I agree, but at this point we knew any permanent signings were unlikely. I'm suprised we even got one in.

Why did we know that? Why are they unlikely? Why can't we sign anyone in January? Why wait until summer?

Because we its been mentioned several times that the prices are always high in January and all signs suggest that they prefer business in the summer.

Loans seem the way to go for this board during January.

they said they get their moneys worth or something about timeing

Oh ok, I see so sod this season then, we should get the 16 points needed to survive and then in the summer we can really push on! But don't hold out hope of anything to cheer for the rest of the season, in fact just be happy if we put a full bench out during a game.

So far this has been a shocking window - I can't see how either board or management can justify that this week has moved us forward. Especially if Moxey has gone. I'm not Moxeys number one fan - as a left back myself - I think his distribution has been awful, his concentration poor and his defending abysmal over the last 6 weeks- having said that I'd still pick him ahead of Roberts on current form.

Something needs to happen in a positive sense and quick smart.

I'm praying theres a striker at least up someones sleeve and we'll all wake up tomorrow happyish....or at least happier.

I'm still pinning my hopes on the fact that GSE do seem a genuine group of people but christ this is tough to take...

Some DCFC_Kev info would be very welcome right now.

Good points,rigamortis.Given that you know Nige,I simply can't get my head round Moxey being a football decision only.What manager would deliberately weaken his (already thin) squad?The cynic in me knows that talk alone won't sell S/Ts next time round.It seems to me that funds may be gathered together for a marquee signing around renewal time.If

this were to be the case,then finances might indeed be overriding the obvious imminent needs of the team.

However,like you I'll wait until the fat lady's sung.

1st team squad:

Stephen Bywater

John Brayford

Gareth Roberts

Shaun Barker

Dean Leacock (sus)

Russell Anderson (inj)

Jake Buxton (inj)

Miles Addison

Paul Green

Robbie Savage

Stephen Pearson

James Bailey

Ben Pringle

Tomasz Cywka

Lee Croft

Ben Davies

Steve Davies

Alberto Bueno

Chris Porter

Conor Doyle

Considering you're left with 17 players to make a team and bench (which you can just do with Deeney obviously taking a place but I can't include someone who's never considered a starter as 1st team squad) pick your starting Xi and bench for the Ipswich game!

Archived