deadline day could be GSEs nemesis

Curtains

Dont worry Cywka is the answer Clough says hes been unfair to him.

No doubt about it if we lose against Ipswich and Pompey

the alarm bells will be ringing.

Why do we have to wait to see if we lose the next two for alarm bells to start ringing?

My alarm bell's been clanging for 18 months, win lose or draw the next two, we're still in the ****.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sammon looks like he's going to Wigan now too. Knowing how we work we'll have no backup opines so that Ayala and Sammon not here yet. Edging more towards worse case scenario.

wonderful another 1 slips through the net! (sorry) why do we keep missing the young tallent thats out there ie austin and sammon come on u tight yanks spend a barker type fee and get westcarr in from nots hes the only decent cf left out there!:mad::mad::mad:

As many of you know I have been a supporter of the long term building idea, and have said before that I would give GSE time to achieve it. I have been sceptical of some statements and some decisions of the board, but have tried not to jump to the negative on them. Well my views are a changing. Here is a copy of an email I have sent to Radio Derby tonight, I dont know if it will get read out or not but here it is.

DEADLINE DAY DISGUST.

Dear Colin,

I have been a supporter of sorts of GSE and the “long term building†project for Derby County. But my views are changing.

For the 6th Transfer window in a row fees received have outweighed fees paid.

Our squad has been weakened again.

Dean Moxey, a prospect for the future, has been sold

Waghorn not coming according to Sven.

Foolhardily offering £150k less than Ssausagehorpe had agreed with Kilmarnock – they were never going to accept it

Where are the alternative targets.

To say I am upset is an understatement. Someone needs to tell Glick and the rest of GSE that they may own the club, but it is the fans club. They are losing the fans, and ultimately they will lose the club. If they are looking to sell for a profit, they won’t get it when we are in League 1.

I don’t buy into the “the team is low on confidence†line.

We have no goal threat.

No cover for either full back.

1 available centre half.

1 available striker (Cywka is not a striker he has never been called a striker until we don’t have one)

Unless something changes the fans will not stand for it much longer.

Yours

Mark in Stockport

I will still try and see the positive in the team, performances and club. I will not be jumping on the knock everyhting the board does bandwagon.

As many of you know I have been a supporter of the long term building idea, and have said before that I would give GSE time to achieve it. I have been sceptical of some statements and some decisions of the board, but have tried not to jump to the negative on them. Well my views are a changing. Here is a copy of an email I have sent to Radio Derby tonight, I dont know if it will get read out or not but here it is.

I will still try and see the positive in the team, performances and club. I will not be jumping on the knock everyhting the board does bandwagon.

here here well said davenportram im with u on that 1 theres gonna be an awkward atmosphere tommorow night i can feel:eek:

The club are messing with us. Barker type fee is s_hit anyway. 900K is small. How long ago was Barker signed. This is crap. Wrist slashing no but absolute anger. There is time still i know, but we are cheap i know we're not going to sign anyone of quality. I'm angry. I hate this board. Cheap ********....I feel slightly better now....nope, thinking about it again the anger's back.

The problem is, a large number of fans WILL stand it.

The club will tell us they made 'a number of substantial bids' and that 'money was available' etc etc etc.

The net result will be Commons and Moxey gone, no permament transfers in, and quite possibly no loans either.

And various apologists will lap it up - again.

The club will tell us they made 'a number of substantial bids' and that 'money was available' etc etc etc.

The net result will be Commons and Moxey gone, no permament transfers in, and quite possibly no loans either.

I don't think anyone will buy it. That's not the problem. We have such a lazy support.

The North, West and most of the East Stand are basically asleep. All the time.

I fear you're right. I think even if we struggled for the rest of the season then some would still take it.

I had hoped I wouldn't feel like this about my club again both in terms of transfer windows and as a whole. Yet I feel upset at where we are and where we're going. Oh hum.....

I fear you're right. I think even if we struggled for the rest of the season then some would still take it.

I had hoped I wouldn't feel like this about my club again both in terms of transfer windows and as a whole. Yet I feel upset at where we are and where we're going. Oh hum.....

I honestly think the only thing that would change some fans' minds is relegation. But by then it would be too late.

I honestly think the only thing that would change some fans' minds is relegation. But by then it would be too late.

So far this has been a shocking window - I can't see how either board or management can justify that this week has moved us forward. Especially if Moxey has gone. I'm not Moxeys number one fan - as a left back myself - I think his distribution has been awful, his concentration poor and his defending abysmal over the last 6 weeks- having said that I'd still pick him ahead of Roberts on current form.

Something needs to happen in a positive sense and quick smart.

I'm praying theres a striker at least up someones sleeve and we'll all wake up tomorrow happyish....or at least happier.

I'm still pinning my hopes on the fact that GSE do seem a genuine group of people but christ this is tough to take...

Some DCFC_Kev info would be very welcome right now.

Archived