Bywater

kinza

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been sickened lately what with one thing and another, poor results, the price of petrol, my boss being a ******, but lo, I log in here and suddenly I can hear violins, the sun is shining and life somehow seems more bearable.

So, it's only a rumour and it might not happen but reading the first post on this thread has been a bit of a tonic. Hope your rumour is true.

:)

Kinza?

Were you on the DET forum? I think I remember someone with a similar username posting up a daft rumour about us signing someone from Real Madrid about two days before Bueno arrived.

No.. I wasn't on that forum.

I've been sickened lately what with one thing and another, poor results, the price of petrol, my boss being a ******, but lo, I log in here and suddenly I can hear violins, the sun is shining and life somehow seems more bearable.

So, it's only a rumour and it might not happen but reading the first post on this thread has been a bit of a tonic. Hope your rumour is true.

:)

I hope its true but I cant see it.Last year clough said bywater is close to being in the England squad,and he has sent a keeper away this year that was obviously better.

I don't see why people would be glad to see the back of Bywater. I know he's not world class and his distribution is interesting to say the least! That said he is one of the better keepers in the championship and I don't think we could get a satisfactory replacement without spending a bundle. We all saw that Fielding was a good keeper but there is no way we would be able to tempt/ afford a quality keeper such as him. I am happy with Bywater for the time being, especially as it is the lack of goals for and the lack of defending the goal, not the keeper himself, that are the problems at the minute.

I don't see why people would be glad to see the back of Bywater. I know he's not world class and his distribution is interesting to say the least! That said he is one of the better keepers in the championship and I don't think we could get a satisfactory replacement without spending a bundle. We all saw that Fielding was a good keeper but there is no way we would be able to tempt/ afford a quality keeper such as him. I am happy with Bywater for the time being, especially as it is the lack of goals for and the lack of defending the goal, not the keeper himself, that are the problems at the minute.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Frank Fielding will be a cheap option since he is 3rd choice and doesn't get a look-in at Blackburn. I would honestly believe 200k-250k would be more than enough.

If that's the case sign him up but I don't think that A. Blackburn would accept it and B. He would want to come here.

again, I would strongly disagree with both them comments.. he has voiced his frustration at being sub/reserve player over and over again so I believe on what he has said in the past he would drive down here as soon as we rang him and what do Blackburn need with a 3rd choice keeper on their books when they have youth keepers coming through, one of which was pinched from us Jake Kean (on loan at hartlepool) who is still a teenager.

I genuinely believe this signing is so uncomplicated, it would cost barely nothing and he would come.

He is to Blackburn what James Severn is to us, He hasn't even made an appearance for Blackburns first team!

A player deciding to drop down a league but being more or less guaranteed first team football, hmmm? How much does he want to play is the question I guess, so let's see how keen he is. If you don't put a bid in you never know;)

also in the press the other day..

the England Under 21 goalkeeper Frank Fielding is available for £250000

in 'the national' not sure on the accuracy, I can't click the link.

He wouldn't be guaranteed first team football at Derby, Nigel said that both Bywater and Fielding wouldn't be happy sat on the bench as a number 2. Nigel rates Bywater highly, he was only saying last season that Bywater is one of the top English keepers and could goto the World Cup.

I would guess that Fielding isn't even on Clough's radar anymore.

Shame that we couldn't have both then. If it is feasible that he would sign for a champ club I'm sure that there would be more competition for his signature. Between the 2 I would go for Fielding. May be worth seeing if there is any interest in Bywater in the next week or so. I'm sure if we signed Fielding other clubs would realise that Bywater is surplus and make a bid? Surely we'd get at least 250K for him?

Bywater isn't showing me anything for me to say he should be our number 1 goalkeeper for the next 5 years. I'd rather see Fielding come in, what gets me is that Clough said he didn't want 2 no 1 keepers at the club, yet he tried to buy Fielding last season..

Deeney doesn't look like he's pushing Bywater for his spot so he walks into the team whether he plays good or bad

Archived