Bywater

kinza

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He must be the worst kicker of a football in The Football League.

I couldn't believe it on Saturday, when he continued to kick to the right and the wind took the ball out every time. Thought he'll be ok 2nd half - but then he starts kicking to his left and the same thing happened!! Perhaps somebody told him he should kick the other way, so he did!

I think Bywater should have done a lot better but fielding made some mistakes and let some sloppy goals, its just at the time we couldn't stop scoring so the mistakes weren't pointed out as much. To be fair we have let to many goals in all season even on our good run, we don't defend well enough

My point exactly. Yet again it's fans looking for any excuse. If we had Fielding in goal now he'd be conceding at pretty much the same rate, it's just that he happened to be in goal when we were on our amazing run so we were banging goals in for fun and occasionally conceding goals. Now it's the other way round and Bywater cops the blame. Odd.

He must be the worst kicker of a football in The Football League.

Though I do agree with this! For someone who gets paid to kick footballs everyday you'd think you'd at least learn to do it properly. But then again Fulop in goal for Ipswich was bad if not worse at the game at PP!

Though I do agree with this! For someone who gets paid to kick footballs everyday you'd think you'd at least learn to do it properly. But then again Fulop in goal for Ipswich was bad if not worse at the game at PP!

Didn't see him letter a shot from 40 yards go through his hands though.

My point exactly. Yet again it's fans looking for any excuse. If we had Fielding in goal now he'd be conceding at pretty much the same rate, it's just that he happened to be in goal when we were on our amazing run so we were banging goals in for fun and occasionally conceding goals. Now it's the other way round and Bywater cops the blame. Odd.

absolute tosh.Fielding bossed his box.Bywater doesnt.you can see the defence have no confidence in him whatsoever.

absolute tosh.Fielding bossed his box.Bywater doesnt.you can see the defence have no confidence in him whatsoever.

Fielding also looked like he'd could do very stupid things like run miles out of his area and bring a player down.

I really think Bywater is getting unfair stick here.

Fielding wasn't just coasting under a strong defence, he made some fantastic saves while he was here, the likes of which I have absoloutely no faith in Bywater to pull off.

He's a commanding presence, he organises his defence well, and he is already earmarked as a possible England international.

Add to that his shot stopping has been better than Bywaters this season overall, then you should be in no doubt as to who is the better keeper.

Or atleast, that's how I see it.

Bywater has been a professional for almost 14 years and he still struggles with the basics such as kicking and communicating with the defence.

To be a good first/second tier keeper you have to more skills than being a decent shot stopper.

A good keeper win you about 10 points, a bad one loses you about the same amount. Bywater cost us 3 in the Ispwich game.

A bit fustrating to see a local keeper in Lee Grant doing so well at Burnley and Sheff Weds, a keeper we released on a free.

Also Jake Kean (remember him) impressed when on loan at Hartlepool United from Blackburn Rovers.

Archived