Conor Sammon - Kilmarnock

Chris Peduck

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a thought I just had while buying my fish and chips.

Everyone is swooning over Austins heroic 16 goals so far this season, yet this guy has scored a similar amount (17) in a similar standard of football ( or so some say) this kid might just be great value for money

kev you heard owt about this possible deal.

Those 17 goals included 4 against Celtic and Rangers, not bad at all for a Kilmarnock player.

Just been on a Killie fan forum, saying that we have put in pretty much the same bid as Scunny but have been told they want more. Not sure how reliable they are. They also say that they would want to see someone better in replacement!

Kilmarnock accepted Scunny's bid :confused:

Sammon - 40 goals in 149 games

Austin - 178 goals in 215 games

Austin's got a consistent track record. Sammon hasn't. Yet. I guess he's seen as more of a gamble than Austin would be, even though Austin's not played at this level before.

We can't afford Austin.

Again we've left it too late. It might hve been possible to get him last summer.....not now.

Sammon - 40 goals in 149 games

Austin - 178 goals in 215 games

Austin's got a consistent track record. Sammon hasn't. Yet. I guess he's seen as more of a gamble than Austin would be, even though Austin's not played at this level before.

Austin is going to Ipswich swindon have accepted an offer and he's going for talks soon

Duracell - I don't think it is really. He could go and sit on the bench in the Premiership or join a club where he will probably play every week.

Granted I wouldn't choose to go there, but a move to Derby would be a massively wrong career move for anyone at the moment.

Duracell - I don't think it is really. He could go and sit on the bench in the Premiership or join a club where he will probably play every week.

Granted I wouldn't choose to go there, but a move to Derby would be a massively wrong career move for anyone at the moment.

I wouldn't go quite as far as saying we'd be worse. Maybe just as bad.

Depends if Austin is prepared to play at right-back or as rush goalie.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Derby-set-watch-Sammon-weekend/article-3155540-detail/article.html

"DERBY County could watch Kilmarnock striker Conor Sammon again this weekend.

Reports in Scotland claim Derby have made a verbal offer of around £450,000 for the 24-year-old, who has hit 17 goals this season.

The Rams have denied this but Sammon remains on their radar.

Derby watched him score in Kilmarnock's 1-1 draw against Dundee United last Saturday and they are thinking of taking another look at the player in the Scottish Premier Division game at Hamilton tomorrow.

Sammon rejected a move to Ssausagehorpe United earlier this month.

Derby are still hoping to land Daniel Ayala on loan from Liverpool ahead of Tuesday's Championship clash with Ipswich Town at Pride Park Stadium. The 20-year-old central defender has returned to training following a hamstring injury.

Ayala, who had a loan spell at Hull City this season, was due to play for Liverpool Reserves at Blackpool this week but the fixture was postponed.

Derby are keen to bolster the centre-back position because Dean Leacock is facing a two-match suspension, Russell Anderson is injured and Jake Buxton is building his match fitness after a lengthy spell on the sidelines."

I don't see how watching the lad play 1 more game would make a difference. If Clough isn't convinced by him already then move on and find other players quickly, if he wants him bid now and get him in training with the rest of the squad for the Ipswich game.

The closer we get to the transfer window the more chance they will simply refuse to sell or ask for more money, what happens if the lad scores a hat trick tomorrow?

Paatelainen has already invited clubs to move now if they want him so he has chance to bring in replacements, some pissing around Clough.

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Derby-set-watch-Sammon-weekend/article-3155540-detail/article.html

"DERBY County could watch Kilmarnock striker Conor Sammon again this weekend.

Reports in Scotland claim Derby have made a verbal offer of around £450,000 for the 24-year-old, who has hit 17 goals this season.

The Rams have denied this but Sammon remains on their radar.

Derby watched him score in Kilmarnock's 1-1 draw against Dundee United last Saturday and they are thinking of taking another look at the player in the Scottish Premier Division game at Hamilton tomorrow.

Sammon rejected a move to Ssausagehorpe United earlier this month.

Derby are still hoping to land Daniel Ayala on loan from Liverpool ahead of Tuesday's Championship clash with Ipswich Town at Pride Park Stadium. The 20-year-old central defender has returned to training following a hamstring injury.

Ayala, who had a loan spell at Hull City this season, was due to play for Liverpool Reserves at Blackpool this week but the fixture was postponed.

Derby are keen to bolster the centre-back position because Dean Leacock is facing a two-match suspension, Russell Anderson is injured and Jake Buxton is building his match fitness after a lengthy spell on the sidelines."

It all sounds really casual. I hope the apparent lack of urgency is just the way the journo has written it, rather than the club not being particularly bothered about signing him - or more worryingly anyone else - before the window shuts!

I don't know whether sihning Sammon is the right thing to do, but I do know signing no-one is the wrong thing to do and there's only a few days left to do it.

Archived