Conor Sammon - Kilmarnock

Chris Peduck

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're in for Sammon, the Killie manager said he already lined up a replacement for Sammon but he won't let him go before this weekeneds game, so I suppose Clough will just go down to watch whilst he can and then have a talk there and then.

If we get in Sammon as a replacement for Commons, I think the team will have improved as we have already got a player for doing a similar job to Commons in Davies, maybe not as flash on the ball but certainly in the amount of imput he'll put in and also Sammon as that tall strong battering ram striker who apparently has pace, sounds like he could be an important player, worth a gamble at least.

only thing we can do is wait and see.

As you say Ambitious, Ben Davies is probably the replacement for Commons. I always felt that Porter was the replacement for Hulse (bought before Hulse left, just like Davies for Commons). Hulse might have left earlier if Porter had been fit, there was no way Porter and Hulse were ever going to make a striking partnership. If Sammon is all he's being bigged up to be then he'd be bringing that element of pace to the squad we haven't had for a while.

As you say Ambitious, Ben Davies is probably the replacement for Commons. I always felt that Porter was the replacement for Hulse (bought before Hulse left, just like Davies for Commons). Hulse might have left earlier if Porter had been fit, there was no way Porter and Hulse were ever going to make a striking partnership. If Sammon is all he's being bigged up to be then he'd be bringing that element of pace to the squad we haven't had for a while.

Certainly doesn't look a small weak striker either...

http://images.football365.co.za/10/11/247x247/sammonpic_2534925

I don't see how watching the lad play 1 more game would make a difference. If Clough isn't convinced by him already then move on and find other players quickly, if he wants him bid now and get him in training with the rest of the squad for the Ipswich game.

The closer we get to the transfer window the more chance they will simply refuse to sell or ask for more money, what happens if the lad scores a hat trick tomorrow?

Paatelainen has already invited clubs to move now if they want him so he has chance to bring in replacements, some pissing around Clough.

Maybe he wants to watch him himself and then speak to him. NC usually goes by character to a great extent.

Archived