A spine.

Dangerous

I don't think Commons will be looking for £20k personally. I think the club would use the media to their benefit if Commons was asking for silly money.

I bet DCFC and Commons are only 3-5k out on basic, but I bet there is also a case of all the additional add-ons coming into it.

The stupid thing the club are risking though now is that anyone from January can come in and offer him £20k a week - which means all Commons is going to do is ask DCFC for £20k a week.

Its stupid and a complete lack of common sense from DCFC.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think Commons will be looking for £20k personally. I think the club would use the media to their benefit if Commons was asking for silly money.

I bet DCFC and Commons are only 3-5k out on basic, but I bet there is also a case of all the additional add-ons coming into it.

The stupid thing the club are risking though now is that anyone from January can come in and offer him £20k a week - which means all Commons is going to do is ask DCFC for £20k a week.

So if we have offered £15k, the £3-5k difference is £18-£20k.

I don't want to lose him, but I don't think we should go beyond £15-16k

edinborough did I say that i would be able to force them out? no I didn't i said in my opinion if they don't replace commons if he goes then they should follow, did I say I would make them or start a mass group to force them out no I did not I was expressing my opinion. personally if it is a couple of thousand each week dcfc are better to settle and have a tad higher wage bill and keep our best permanent player

he wont stay at derby imo,

he,s hitting the right notes at the right time, if this board had any intentions of us rising thru the ranks of this league then they would have shown us some REAL commitment by now and resolved this situation,

when he does leave, the board will no doubt come in for some close scrutiny and imo if we do not sign him then clough ought to leave the club

or hang his head in shame @ being a yes man, get some bolox clough and start demanding!!!!

Pun intended? :p

The thing I'm most worried about is Clough walking over this. Commons and the board both understand the massive contribution Commons makes and that the team need him so I wouldn't be surprised if there were arguments about bonuses.

The thing is will there get to a point where Clough just gets frustrated with it all? He has spent two years doing all he possibly can with no budget whatsoever and still doesn't seem to have been rewarded.

imo for what its worth ,i think he will walk before long,

to be fair to the yanks they have helped us keep afloat to which all of us are grateful, but being derby fans we need more than a mid table finish to make us feel proud, before you all say it takes time , it also nowadays takes serious investment , so if your not prepaired to invest heavily then i think you know my next two words!

It annoys me how we pissed money up the wall for Varney and Dickinson yet we can't seem to offer our best player the extra 5k p/w he wants.

I don't think Commons is being greedy, he deserves a wage increase if anything.

Maybe Nigel hasn't got the audacity his Dad had to demand that chairmen cough up. But I suppose when the board do dig into their pockets then it's more pressure on his back from the men in suits, can he handle that?

So what does it mean if these ESPN/Disney/Yahoo people are 'investors'? Because if they had put money in, surely we'd be seeing some of it on the pitch every Saturday?

Ted Mcminn, who apparently is a good friend of Commons, doesnt seem to think he will sign for us, nor that the club will let him leave for free.

He added: "Kris seems unlikely to sign a new contract and I can't see the club letting it rumble on to the end of the season when he walks away for free.

"If a decent offer comes in I'd be surprised if the club could refuse."

from http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2010/12/22/i-ll-be-devastated-if-pal-kris-commons-signs-for-celtic-says-former-rangers-ace-ted-mcminn-86908-22800461/

I wouldnt want to pay him any more than what he is on now,as he has missed so many games.problem is he will call the shots,and that will feck us.

but we'll give a contract extension and pay rise to the unfit Shaun Barker

and hopefully we'll get Davies on a new deal even tho he's unfit

but Commons - ooooh nooo he's unfit, unclean, unwashed - and he was once rumoured to have given the ball away in midfield

but we'll give a contract extension and pay rise to the unfit Shaun Barker

and hopefully we'll get Davies on a new deal even tho he's unfit

but Commons - ooooh nooo he's unfit, unclean, unwashed - and he was once rumoured to have given the ball away in midfield

Well said by the Rt Hon Member RamNut

Some people seem to think footballers aren't human. Wouldnt most people be more motivated when playing for a new contract or trying to entice new employers? Its what all of us would do, its just his job is a footballer. I got told from a good source that when commons signed he got a 600k signing on fee paid over the length of the contract. No wonder he is running it down.

so we give a pay rise to a bloke who has been picking a hefty sum off us whilst on the treatment table.Im asking for some reason off commons.I know its a waste of time as he left his boyhood team to go to their arch enemies for financial gain.

I dontblame anyone earning more money,it would be nice for them to realise the worth of it though.

so we give a pay rise to a bloke who has been picking a hefty sum off us whilst on the treatment table.Im asking for some reason off commons.I know its a waste of time as he left his boyhood team to go to their arch enemies for financial gain.

I dontblame anyone earning more money,it would be nice for them to realise the worth of it though.

so has Davies, so has Buxton, so has Leacock, so has Anderson, so has Porter....When a player is injured they still get paid......get over it.

You remind me of that story Tim Ward tells about about Hector. When he was ill and couldn't play the directors asked if they still had to pay him.

Or when Craig Burley was injured and the club stopped paying him. Pathetic.

What was all that shirt pulling after he scored the free kick against Forest.

I know he was being booed, and then scored. Then points to his name, then pulls at the shirt but it's not really a 'I'm DCFC' shirt pull...more a, 'I'm Kris Commons' lookit me.

I dunno, maybe reading too much into it.

Some people seem to think footballers aren't human. Wouldnt most people be more motivated when playing for a new contract or trying to entice new employers? Its what all of us would do, its just his job is a footballer. [sIZE=4]I got told from a good source[/sIZE] that when commons signed he got a 600k signing on fee paid over the length of the contract. No wonder he is running it down.

Quick everybody shoot him down!:rolleyes:

so has Davies, so has Buxton, so has Leacock, so has Anderson, so has Porter....When a player is injured they still get paid......get over it.

I know that. If you read properly, what im saying is I would like commons to show some humility.I want him to sign,he is our best player but I dont want him holding us to ransom.

Archived