A spine.

Dangerous

Fielding may have to wait, I see Paul Robinson is injured

More hope than me thinking we'll go for him again, Pete. Clough likes Bywater too much.

Still, they have their second goalkeeper (Mark Bunn?) so it's still possible that he could arrive back here.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think that fielding will be on the bench.

True, but if he wasn't in their plans he could still be sold and their 4th choice goalkeeper (former Derby youth Jake Kean no less) could be recalled from Hartlepool.

Is Robinsons injury a short term one? That could affect any chances of a bid of course.

True, but if he wasn't in their plans he could still be sold and their 4th choice goalkeeper (former Derby youth Jake Kean no less) could be recalled from Hartlepool.

Is Robinsons injury a short term one? That could affect any chances of a bid of course.

out for around 3 weeks.

I don't see what some do in fielding and don't think he is much improvement on Bywater. His kicking is slightly better but he comes and punches instead of catching. I guess its as he was in goal in our run but I thought it was just going our way then and as a side we were playing better. He came out and flapped quite a few times and got away with it, if that had been Bywater there would have been uproar

I don't see what some do in fielding and don't think he is much improvement on Bywater. His kicking is slightly better but he comes and punches instead of catching. I guess its as he was in goal in our run but I thought it was just going our way then and as a side we were playing better. He came out and flapped quite a few times and got away with it, if that had been Bywater there would have been uproar

Every keeper does flap at one once a game if they're a keeper who likes to punch, they rely on their defenders to be doing their jobs too.

You see a clip of Edwin Van Der Sar or Peter Cech doing it every few weeks, it's a flaw but every keeper does it.

Fielding made alot of great saves, the type of which I was tired of seeing Bywater fail to pull off in the last few years. He's already better than Bywater, and hes a good ten years younger. He'll be a regular premiership goalkeeper one day.

I just want two decent keepers to fight for the number one spot

Same, Bywater is actually half decent sometimes if being pushed for a start. When he took over from Carrol during our first season back I was actually pleased with how he was performing.

Now he's just started every week, and having seen Fielding it makes me think what we've been missing all this time.

There is a massive difference.Fielding bosses his area,you can hear him shouting at the defenders.Bywater doesnt,he is mute.

I think the defence were more assured with Fielding.

we've been waiting 5 years for bywater and leacock to realise their potential

unfortunately this is likely to be as good as they get,

moments of quality, but lots of mistakes.

time to move on in both cases

I'm pissed off with it all now, all this money saving is costing us in other ways.

Speculate to accumulate.

Look how Gadsby and co backed Davies and won us Promotion.

We are supposed to have the owner of Yahoo as one of the investors, if we get up into the prem this time we ought to have the finances there. If they want to increase their share due to personal investments then let them.

As I've said, enough's enough.

Thank God I thought I was the only one on here who was thinking this.

Take my hat off to you Sir;)

I agree with Leacock. We can't make him the excellent CB he could be if he really wanted to, he's not going to do it with us.

Disagree with Bywater. Never rated him anyway.

I have always said that Byewater is over rated and we need the Yanks to invest in Fielding(always start from the back)

Actually we need the Yanks to invest enough said.

I thought he was taking the p iss

You might be right I never looked at it that way. So I am still the only one who thinks get Gadsby back to give money to Clough to invest proper in the team? You can only do so much with young talent from the lower leagues. We need some experiance players in to help us now.

I am already seeing on the Moore posts that now he has decided maybe not to come back we are looking at LOANEES to bring in for the January window.

AH the Yanks dont you just love em:rolleyes:

Do "the yanks" have any money to invest? Does Gadsby? Does Gadsby want to come back?

I've no loyalty to the owners - if someone else can come in and provide more than they can, let them. But I know I'm not going to splash millions on a football club, and I don't know anyone who is. I think the oil sheiks have enough of a toy in Man City, so probably won't be coming to us. The world isn't thriving with people waiting to pour large amounts into football teams.

I wouldn't personally have a problem with Gadsby - I know some do, but personally I have no feeling either way. But he's got to make his move and show his hand - and have some money to invest. If we move from one set of owners who can't/won't invest, and end up with another, we might as well stay where we are.

Archived