Preston North End v Derby County

Day

You have the option of adding to the thread, rather than complaining about it. You could have started a debate about who to select on Saturday. Instead, you opened with aggression. Don't be surprised by the negative response you got.

I thought my last paragraph was seeking that additional debate.

I think we need to change things around a little, but we are constrained by the size/fitness of the squad. I think Clough picked to attacking a team, but everyone on the bench was half fit, less fit than that or very young.

I want us to play 4-2-3-1 in the long run, but we need to tighten up at the back and grind out a couple of 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0's for the next two games, then hopefully be more expansive against the might of Crawley.

I think Leacock, Green, Cywka and maybe even Barker could all do with a rest/dropping. However we won't have Moore against PNE, so that would mean bringing in Porter, Pearson, Pringle and Doyle as the only 18+ players fit to start.

As we have to replace Moxey already we have a crisis jn defence for PNE and we may have to squeeze another game out of Leacock and Barker, then rest one of them v Millwall.

So presuming Buxton, Anderson and Roberts aren't fit and Addison and Davies are subs only at this stage, I would go 4-4-2

Bywater

Brayford-Barker-Leacock-Pearson

Pringle-Bailey-Savage-Commons

Bueno-Porter

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought my last paragraph was seeking that additional debate.

I think we need to change things around a little, but we are constrained by the size/fitness of the squad. I think Clough picked to attacking a team, but everyone on the bench was half fit, less fit than that or very young.

I want us to play 4-2-3-1 in the long run, but we need to tighten up at the back and grind out a couple of 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0's for the next two games, then hopefully be more expansive against the might of Crawley.

I think Leacock, Green, Cywka and maybe even Barker could all do with a rest/dropping. However we won't have Moore against PNE, so that would mean bringing in Porter, Pearson, Pringle and Doyle as the only 18+ players fit to start.

As we have to replace Moxey already we have a crisis jn defence for PNE and we may have to squeeze another game out of Leacock and Barker, then rest one of them v Millwall.

So presuming Buxton, Anderson and Roberts aren't fit and Addison and Davies are subs only at this stage, I would go 4-4-2

Bywater

Brayford-Barker-Leacock-Pearson

Pringle-Bailey-Savage-Commons

Bueno-Porter

wether porter could manage 90 mins or even 50 mins is debatable. Maybe give doyle a go as an extra midfield man, put bueno up on his own and add commons as an advanced midfield so a 4-4-1-1 and trya nd grind out a draw like you say, maybe bring o brien in as a cb for leacock as another of cloughs beatings for him he might breakdown

wether porter could manage 90 mins or even 50 mins is debatable. Maybe give doyle a go as an extra midfield man, put bueno up on his own and add commons as an advanced midfield so a 4-4-1-1 and trya nd grind out a draw like you say, maybe bring o brien in as a cb for leacock as another of cloughs beatings for him he might breakdown

Bueno , up front on his own??? :D

Just so that sageisback doesn't have a paddy again, i'll post what i'd do here.

Bywater

Green Leacock Barker Brayford

Savage Bailey

Commons Bueno Pearson

Davies

Brayford i'm sure can play left back, he'll be fine there. Green is also a capable right back. As we have no other option at this point, it'll have to be Barker and Leacock as the centre pairing.

Pearsons speed will be needed, i'm hoping he can play half decent for once. Against Burnley away he looked ok, more of that type of thing would be fine. Cywka has been, to be quite frank, pointless in the last few games. He needs resting.

Davies can be asked to manage 45 minutes. Second half give him 5-10 minutes more then bring Porter on. Cywka can be used as a substitute, as can Addison to shore things up if we're winning by the end of it.

Nice to see the high level of debate/conjecture persists. Have fun playing with your ball now you've taken it home

Would you of preffered me to give a responce like "yer mum" ?

Match threads are put up and it's down to the members what they want to discuss, I don't see how predicting a starting 11 is any different to guessing the score or attendance.

If you would prefer to discuss team selections then go for it and others would no doubt get involved, throwing a tantrum like a 10 year old aint going to get you anywhere.

Would you of preffered me to give a responce like "yer mum" ?

Match threads are put up and it's down to the members what they want to discuss, I don't see how predicting a starting 11 is any different to guessing the score or attendance.

If you would prefer to discuss team selections then go for it and others would no doubt get involved, throwing a tantrum like a 10 year old aint going to get you anywhere.

Surely there's infinitely more to discussing a starting 11 and formation and discussing formation/tactics than guessing at a score or attendance.

Rather than behaving like a ten year old, I was bemoaning the quality and content of posts were akin to a 10 year olds. The last couple of posts have been more like it.

Sage, stop being a dick, if you don't think this forum is up to your personal intellect, post some threads of your own.

We're all pissed off with last nights result, don't lets start arguments for no reason.

Thanks for the adult response. I'm not starting arguments, I just want to see better debate.

Surely there's infinitely more to discussing a starting 11 and formation and discussing formation/tactics than guessing at a score or attendance.

Rather than behaving like a ten year old, I was bemoaning the quality and content of posts were akin to a 10 year olds. The last couple of posts have been more like it.

Like I say the match thread is there for anything about the match, there is no set guidelines, I guess some people just prefer to kick it off with guessing the score before moving onto team selections, we was only 2 pages in was it when you started up.

Anyhow, I suggest a truce so we can get back to the match thread?

Thanks for the adult response. I'm not starting arguments, I just want to see better debate.

Well, taking my admin hat off, feck off somewhere else if you think you're above us all.

Admin hat back on, thanks for your reply.

Right, I'll count to 10

Like I say the match thread is there for anything about the match, there is no set guidelines, I guess some people just prefer to kick it off with guessing the score before moving onto team selections, we was only 2 pages in was it when you started up.

Anyhow, I suggest a truce so we can get back to the match thread?

Quite happy to get back to the thread. Hopefully we can all have a lovely debate.

If you want a better one, start one yourself instead of insulting everyone who posted beforehand.

There is only so much to be said about tactics, and we all know what's going to happen pretty much tactics wise, so some of us don't want to repeat the same thing over and over with a slight difference in each match day thread.

I hope my refurbished answer was up to your standards, oh mighty one.....

Archived