Preston North End v Derby County

Day

If you want a better one, start one yourself instead of insulting everyone who posted beforehand.

There is only so much to be said about tactics, and we all know what's going to happen pretty much tactics wise, so some of us don't want to repeat the same thing over and over with a slight difference in each match day thread.

I hope my refurbished answer was up to your standards, oh mighty one.....

I shall award you a B+ for your efforts.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I would put it to Cloughie that he adopts Jimbo Smith tactics for Preston, I don't believe he would be I think it would work.

Bywater

Leacock - - - Barker - - - Addison

Brayford - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pearson

Green - - - - - Savage

Bueno

Commons

Preston will have seen the way we conceded goals against Forest and will be looking to put balls in for that big lump Parkin, with 3 big central defenders we should in theory have enough to deal with them.

Brayford and Pearson would use their pace down the flanks to cause problems, tell Pearson not to bother crossing but keep looking for the ball to Bueno.

I dropped you down to a B for picking Davies ahead of Porter on fitness grounds.

I presumed that Davies would be the better at actually moving, given Porters hip problems and his lack of motion when he does come on.

Natural fitness wise, I reckon he could last 45 minutes. Porter would be better suited to the end of the game anyway, when we can try and land a ball into the box near him and see what he comes up with.

More than likely that something would be a lost header but we can but hope for some magic.

Right, I would put it to Cloughie that he adopts Jimbo Smith tactics for Preston, I don't believe he would be I think it would work.

Bywater

Green - - - - - Savage

Bueno

Commons

eston will have seen the way we conceded goals against Forest and will be looking to put balls in for that big lump Parkin, with 3 big central defenders we should in theory have enough to deal with them.

Brayford and Pearson would use their pace down the flanks to cause problems, tell Pearson not to bother crossing but keep looking for the ball to Bueno.

Not wishing to appear pedantic, but you've only picked ten men.

Bywater

Green - - - - - Savage

Bueno

Commons

Preston will have seen the way we conceded goals against Forest and will be looking to put balls in for that big lump Parkin, with 3 big central defenders we should in theory have enough to deal with them.

Maybe this could work, as i don't see Addison being fit to start.

Bywater

Brayford Barker Leacock

Green Pearson

Bailey Savage

Bueno Commons

Porter

Not wishing to appear pedantic, but you've only picked ten men.

It is a bit worrying when he is the site admin boffin. Still we usually play with 10 men when Pearson is in the starting line up. If Pearson starts he has got to be at left back.

My prediction is based on historical events, in that any team in relegation trouble given the choice would pick a "Home banker" against Derby.

3-1 to PNE i'm afraid.:eek:

Ok

during the warm up, 3 players were practising headers with Andy Garner. I/we thought that we maybe starting with a back 3.

Why wasn't Poxey doing headers? because he missed enough feckers during the game ffs!

I despair.

It's usually just Barker and Leacock doing the heading warm up, which may explain a few things.

Archived