All time Rams XI using current system???

ramsbottom

No! lol. I was a big fan of Ghaly when he was up for it, i'm having a hard time thinking of players atm, and he was a class above when he was up for the match.

Would have loved him back here if possible, I don't think he wanted to stay when Jewell offered him a contract.

Fair enough, come to think of it he did look like a half-decent player at times, but I've blotted out a huge chunk of that season completely. But it was probably him and Miller which looked the least crap.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough, come to think of it he did look like a half-decent player at times, but I've blotted out a huge chunk of that season completely. But it was probably him and Miller which looked the least crap.

Unfortunately every game I was at that season if firmly instilled in my head. I looked for any positive I could.

He ran the show at Boro away, he was a very classy player. He'd pull teams apart if he were in our side now, he's good enough for the Premiership but he just didn't have the right attitude at Spurs and once he'd thrown his shirt down after being subbed it was the end for him.

How about the best team in this formation with the players you've seen, that could work better.

QUOTE]

I did consider that so...

----------------------------Shilton

Laursen----------Stimac-------------Wright----------Forsythe

------------------Seth--------------G Williams

----------Eranio-------------Biano-------------Asanovic

--------------------------Wanchope

Subs

Poom

McGrath

C Powell

Van Der Lann

Idiakez

Commons

Raziak

I would personally love to see Ghaly in the team we have now, in the premiership his vision when passing a ball was far greater than those players around him (meaning no1 gave him any decent options).

bring back Ghaly and El Hamsandwich..

Gk poom

Rb Brayford

Lb C Powell

Cb Stimac

Cb McGrath

Cm Eranio

Cm S Johnson

LM Commons

AM Bianio

Rm T Smith

St Sturpar

I defo agree on the back 4 but tempted to VDL in place of Seth (tough call), I'd put Asanovic in the middle with Bainio in free role and Wanchope up front. That's a VERY attacking side though!

From the players I have seen:

--------------------M.Poom----------------------

S.Eranio-----T.West-----I.Stimac------------C.Powell

----------------R.van derLaan-----T.Huddlestone--------------

-----G.Kinkladze---------F.Biano-----------D.Sturridge----

---------------------P.Wanchope-------------------------

:D

I defo agree on the back 4 but tempted to VDL in place of Seth (tough call), I'd put Asanovic in the middle with Bainio in free role and Wanchope up front. That's a VERY attacking side though!

Was a tough call with Bianio and asanovic, but not sure if wanchope would be suited upfront like that, hence sturpar, big, tall and a eye for goal. Maybe wanchope out wide?

Was a tough call with Bianio and asanovic, but not sure if wanchope would be suited upfront like that, hence sturpar, big, tall and a eye for goal. Maybe wanchope out wide?

Hmm, let's do what the others have done and have some options on the bench! ;)

Can't believe I left Huddlestone out - he'd walk into any Derby team. I'd build the team around him and Asanovic. With that in mind, we'd need pace up front so that counts Strupar out (although I agree, he was strong and had an eye for goal).

Wanchope was fairly quick and strong but wasn't exactly reliable in terms of passing, laying the ball off, etc - hmm, I can't stand Sturridge but he had the pace for sure.

Huddlestone as he is now at Spurs or when he was at Derby?

Not so sure he would make the greatest team if it's based on his Derby performances.

I meant Hudds as he is now. I agree that he was still developing when he was at Derby but he's a hell of a player now.

Huddlestone as he is now at Spurs or when he was at Derby?

Not so sure he would make the greatest team if it's based on his Derby performances.

good call, he was played at rb at derby wasn't he for a time? I was quite young so can't definitley say either way but I think he was played at RB.

Archived