World cup 2018

Dangerous

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have patented football as a whole when we had the chance.

We could have set up the world cup along the same lines that snooker used to work - world champion picks the opponents against whom they'll make their defence.

England vs Thailand it is then! :D

Honestly, couldn't give 2 sh1ts. We were screwed over being nominated as a host city, and now the FA have been screwed by the BBC/Panorama. Good.

I heard something about forest going into debt because of the stadium that they will build. Is there any truth in this?

They're already in debt. They owe Doughty tens of millions. Apparently though they're ok, as he'll never want that money back. Let's see if Doughty's heirs feel the same way......:D

I heard something about forest going into debt because of the stadium that they will build. Is there any truth in this?

No, that's complete rubbish.

The council will be in debt.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*breath*HAHAHAHAHAetc

I must say im very impressed with David Beckham.If we do get the world cup I think he will have been the difference.He has become more articulate and genuinely seems a very good man.A great ambassador.

he is the only man who would turn me gay, a true gent and a great for the english game

is roll a swiss word for cock then?:D

LMAO!! :D

Fifa are corrupt, the FA incompetent (just look at the grounds fiasco), it will get hyped up beyond belief if we get it only raising expectations even further for the team to then get knocked out by Germany again. Tickets will price out the average joe (just think Club Wembley) Sod the World Cup. Baa humbug. :D

They're already in debt. They owe Doughty tens of millions. Apparently though they're ok, as he'll never want that money back. Let's see if Doughty's heirs feel the same way......:D

Presumably he's charging interest on the money he's loaned them just so that the sum increases and it makes it look like he's loaned them more than he has.....?

If he doesn't want it back he should write it off, like Roman does at Chelski. Forest will have to pay it all back at some point, I'm pretty sure of that.....

Many forest fans believe the opposite. If England get the WC and if Forest get selected as a host city, then they will end up with a brand new stadium for next to nothing.

With local grants, subsidies, taxpayers money to aid the WC plan, etc, Forest themselves will fork out very little.

Some say that's what Doughty is hanging on for.

It will possibly be the only way that he can ever get some of his £60million back - having a brand new stadium to help sell his club to a new buyer sometime in the future.

Bit like Man City did with the commonwealth games stadium.

If England don't get the nod today there may well be some concern at chez Doughty.

I hope Fifa weren't watching the footage of the brum muppets at their silly game last night and the handbags on the pitch, what with the BBC the Times and last nights shinanikins we've got fook all chance of getting this bid:frown:

The England squad will look totally different by 2018, Adam Johnson will be 31, Joe Hart 31, Steven Gerrard 38, Leighton Baines 33, Frank Lampard 40. There could be a 10 year old building a snowman today that could be the next Rooney and will be our star player by 2018.

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want it in England, Forest will get a massive empty stadium, parents with young kids surely would want their kids to have a chance of seeing World Cup football?

Archived