World cup 2018

Dangerous

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh I've been thinking about giving up following International football for some time now. I think the decision on 2018 has hammered the final nail into any affection I had for the International game.

The fact that this season Derby have been playing well and winning in style has highlighted just how little I've enjoyed international football. You spend 2 years waiting for a meaningful tournament, then England fail to turn up and it's over.

Last time I remember actually getting excited about England was Rooney at Euro 2004 (and we all know how that ended).

At the age of 31, I think my patience with all things Team England has run out.

I'll stick to Derby and Derby alone from now on....

Are Forest gonna keep their tram shed of a ground as it is now that we've lost the bid then?

Not that I saw the point of a 45,000 seater with 18,000 fans in it each week anyway...

Better ask the Council? I hear they are putting the rent up.

Hard to see how our lack of votes was solely down to footballing reasons.

The tournaments went to the bids with the highest financial backing. As soon as Blatter said our presentation was "excellent & remarkable", I knew we weren't going to win.

Who seriously thinks it's a good idea to be playing top class tournament football in Qatar in the height of summer? Only the professional tourists of FIFA who don't play and have never played. South Africa was tedious at times when the heat played its part - Qatar will only be more so.

not completely true, a World Cup in England would have made FIFA more money than the rest

Gas for Votes I think.

Still dont like Blatter weither he got the last vote or not Staffram...and keeping on the subject think we should quit FIFA and the next country who win the WC gets to host it and deal with all the advertising and media...why do we need FIFA anyway...who controls them????? robbing barnets.

We got 2 votes.England isnt popular,simple as that.panorama had little to do with it,the media has a right to investigate.

The blame lies at the feet of an inept FA and a corrupt FIFA.The cost of Englands bid will be paid by the fans again,unless the FA pull out of FIFA.We havent a lot to lose,we havent a prayer of winning in Brazil so lets pull out of it,or play the under 15's for international matches.

I really wasnt suprised at Russia,theyre as corrupt as FIFA,Qatar is proof of money over football.A place the size of Birmingham that has soaring heat is chose for a world cup........criminal.

Archived