World cup 2018

Dangerous

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should breakaway - England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, France and Portugal or Holland. Rotate hosting, guarantees everyone gets to host every 30 odd years.

Let's see Fifa try and survive after that.

Never happen though, although something obviously needs to be done to reclaim football from their corrupt clutches.

Is South Africa though? And they got it.

The key word here is 'Legacy'. You could see between the lines that as soon as Russia talked about wanting to build a legacy, a lasting impression upon their country for everyone, the people deciding where the WC went would be influenced by that idea. Those words are pretty much what South African officials used when they described their World Cup bid, and they got it.

And they got it over better bids too. Its happened again.

Legacy is fine, but not every WC should be about expanding it. Besides, Australia was surely a better choice than Qatar.

I'm amazed that Brazil got 2014, but let's be honest, they were probably the only South American country that could actually afford to host it.

We need to tell the FA we will not support England until you threaten action against FIFA.

personally i think the Qatar one is ok, if they want to "spread it around the world" then so be it...but really, Russia, if they wanted to pick a European country then I would have Russia about 9th on my list..

How many games has Qatar hosted for Brazil, Argentina etc already? They're one of the favourite destinations for international clubs if they don't play on home soil, it'd be a great place to go for a World Cup.

Russia will be an interesting place to go, there is alot of poverty and there is alot of money in equal measure. The WC can look to be bringing the biggest sporting event in the world (apart from the Olympics) to them.

This has nothing to do with footballing history at all. It is about the ability to host a WC. They've gambled on Russia as they did with South Africa, and they're going with Qatar who are a safe bet and an interesting one at that.

As a US fan, I'm gutted. :frown:

I knew that we didn't stand a chance though, cuz we hosted not too long ago. I thought Australia would have been a much better choice, as it's a little safer, and people will actually want to go there. Perhaps it would be a little cooler? :confused:

Here is an example of some quality football by Qatar.

http://bit.ly/gSUWqE

Cannot believe it as one foot in the grave would of said....Seff Blatter:mad: the sooner you leave FIFA the better, you have never liked English football and everyone knows this, but we dont have much better hope with the French guy Plattini either if he is next president.

Would of loved it if Portugal Spain had of got it as that would of at least for me lick my wounds as i live in Lisbon, but really p!ssed of with Seff Blatter and know he probably had last vote. The BBC panorama did not help at all either I think, why oh why did they put this out 2 days before the fial vote i dont know.

Good luck to Russia and their Mafia and also to Quatar(which I think will be a good host nation)

Russia won it in the second round of voting, by a landslide. Blatter never got anywhere near having to cast his 'deciding' vote.

David Davis is saying that the other bids used our own media against us, handing out clips and telling them that they'd have another 8 years of this to look forward to until the 2018 WC.

England got 2 votes. Unbelievable.

Hard to see how our lack of votes was solely down to footballing reasons.

The tournaments went to the bids with the highest financial backing. As soon as Blatter said our presentation was "excellent & remarkable", I knew we weren't going to win.

Who seriously thinks it's a good idea to be playing top class tournament football in Qatar in the height of summer? Only the professional tourists of FIFA who don't play and have never played. South Africa was tedious at times when the heat played its part - Qatar will only be more so.

Archived