2010 BBC Sports Personality of the Year

CumbrianRam

He refuses to see fact

Pardon, how are you're opinions facts?

If you said Crouch has played 20 games and scored 20 goals and he had, that would be a fact.

If you said Crouch was one of the best target men in the Premiership that would be you're opinion.

Tell me Alex, if I was to say that Crouch cannot hold down a first team place in the Spurs squad nor has he ever been able to hold down a regular first team spot in the England under several managers, would that be my opinion or fact?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pardon, how are you're opinions facts?

If you said Crouch has played 20 games and scored 20 goals and he had, that would be a fact.

If you said Crouch was one of the best target men in the Premiership that would be you're opinion.

Tell me Alex, if I was to say that Crouch cannot hold down a first team place in the Spurs squad nor has he ever been able to hold down a regular first team spot in the England under several managers, would that be my opinion or fact?

I could quote stats at you, but I don't have them and don't particularly need them.

It is widely known how good he is, the very fact that he's a regular in the England squad tells you he's a top striker in this country.

The fact he is in and out of Spurs is because they have Van Der Vaart playing upfront and Jermaine Defoe is a better striker than Crouch currently.

He is unable to hold down a the fact that Fabio Capello is unwilling to sacrifice Rooney even when he's underperforming, and so only one spot next to him is available. That means any potential partner for Rooney is tried there, resulting in several strikers being used there rotationally till he picks one that he wants there for good.

Alex, you say Harry Redknapp is a very good manager, you say Peter Crouch is one of the best target men in the Premiership. Tell me why the very good manager can't see he has one of the best target men in the Premiership in his squad and play him, seems odd don't you think?

Also tell me why Spurs fans do not seem to rate Crouch according to this thread this month on a Spurs forum.

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25673&start=1

Perhaps they are fools? Do you take everyones word on it?

I look on the Derby facebook page and half of them don't appear to be able to form simple sentences, nevermind give a half agreeable point on anything.

Perhaps they are not fans of him because of his strike rate? Perhaps they have forgotten how many goals he sets up through his very height and lays off in the box.

I would say that they don't need a Target man all the time, now that they have better qualities in other players who are on form.

They have Defoe, the current 2nd English striker and a brilliant striker at leading the line, and Van Der Vaart who the plays a little deeper like Commons used to with Hulse. Except apart from a target man they're going for a smaller quicker player who can get behind defenders.

The thing Alex it's opinions, just because they don't match yours does not make them imbeciles or whatever. Funny thing is most of the Spurs fans on that thread would agree with MuespachRam, some of which maybe season ticket holders that have seen Crouch play a fair bit more than you.

Now get in the off topic area so I can take the piss out of you.

Opinions in Football cannot be wrong, incorrect or whatever you want to call em.

I think Savage is crap

Mr Bloggs thinks Savage is average

Mrs Bloggs thinks Savage is quality

Who's wrong? none of us are because they are our opinions.

well an opinion can be incorrect e.g. saying Britain has a fuhrer daveo, now we are talking about logical extensions of what is wrong in an opinion, muspeches opinion about David Beckham and Peter Crouch is oen not shared by the wide majority, is he wrong because of that no, Peter Crouch has scored against good teams though, that part of his opinion is incorrect because if you look at the teams he scored agaisnt and when they would be considered "good teams". An opinion backed up with nothing is illogical just to add.

well an opinion can be incorrect e.g. saying Britain has a fuhrer daveo, now we are talking about logical extensions of what is wrong in an opinion, muspeches opinion about David Beckham and Peter Crouch is oen not shared by the wide majority, is he wrong because of that no, Peter Crouch has scored against good teams though, that part of his opinion is incorrect because if you look at the teams he scored agaisnt and when they would be considered "good teams". An opinion backed up with nothing is illogical just to add.

Because it's not shared by a few posters on DCFC Fans and he's scored a few goals doesn't make him wrong, the Spurs fans actually agree with him on Crouch if you take a look at the link I posted.

Because he has won the FA Cup doesn't make his opinion incorrect as it's his opinion, he could win every trophy going but if he believes that Redknapp is crap then that's his opinion, you may disagree but it's still not incorrect.

Anyhow you may have a short term memory but I don't and I'm going round in circles here, so I will depart this thread and would like to remind all posters that this is not the DET forum, so quit the namecalling unless it's in the name of banter which I believe it hasn't been so far in this thread.

Oh and on a scale of 1 to 10

Crouch 6/7

Beckham 8

I thank you good night.

I would like to remind all posters that this is not the DET forum, so quit the namecalling unless it's in the name of banter which I believe it hasn't been so far in this thread.

you ostrich !!!

Muespach is entirely entitled to his opinions about Crouch, Beckham and Redknapp.

As Daveo went to great lengths to explain, they were his opinions.

For what its worth, I don't agree with him about Crouch. He always looks likely to snatch a goal whoever he plays for.

Beckham, imo, is overrated and built up by the media.

Redknapp has left every club he's managed in debt to the point of going into administration.

Just my opinions of course!

I was taking a general example of that A opinion can be incorrect Daveo. His opinion regarding Harry Redknapp is incorrect because Harry redknapp has won the f.a cup

seem to have sparked a debate for having an opinion..! wowzers.

As for winning the FA Cup, come on, give me strength, he bought the FA Cup when no one was/interested in it, he has systematically disolved a good West Ham team, wrecked Portsmouth, wrecked Southampton and got Tottenham to finish a mighty 4th by only spending over 150 million pounds...bargain...what a great manager..

seem to have sparked a debate for having an opinion..! wowzers.

As for winning the FA Cup, come on, give me strength, he bought the FA Cup when no one was/interested in it, he has systematically disolved a good West Ham team, wrecked Portsmouth, wrecked Southampton and got Tottenham to finish a mighty 4th by only spending over 150 million pounds...bargain...what a great manager..

You're wrong! I was interested in winning the FA Cup.

So there:p

Archived