If you wanna stay alive, stay out the popside

IslandExile

19 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I could be wrong but I think it was the 8-2 game that Spurs tried it on ? 

Not 100% sure but I think you're right. It was a long time ago...

... and then I thought, that game was in '76. I'd have been 22. Pretty sure I was in my teens...

Edited by MadAmster

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Spurs had a go. Came round the back into the Vulcan and came up towards the middle. They hadn't bargained on Fagin pulling a shovel out from under his trenchcoat.

Fagin was a strange character, That game(i was around 14/15 so early 70s)we were all in Harrington St a stones throw from the BBG, Fagin at the front, Milk bottles launched at Spurs, No milk bottles left, I was on my toes never stopped running until I got to TCH on Normanton Rd 😁, The buzz from...sort of being involved to running was more exciting than a wet dream ☺️

Then we went to Forest early 70s and Fagin ended up in the river Trent with that trench coat that he always wore, We never saw him again after that, Enter O'Reilly, Clarke, Millward, Lightning and co 👍  

3 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Fagin was a strange character, That game(i was around 14/15 so early 70s)we were all in Harrington St a stones throw from the BBG, Fagin at the front, Milk bottles launched at Spurs, No milk bottles left, I was on my toes never stopped running until I got to TCH on Normanton Rd 😁, The buzz from...sort of being involved to running was more exciting than a wet dream ☺️

Then we went to Forest early 70s and Fagin ended up in the river Trent with that trench coat that he always wore, We never saw him again after that, Enter O'Reilly, Clarke, Millward, Lightning and co 👍  

Happy days. 😉

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Not 100% sure but I think you're right. It was a long time ago...

... and then I thought, that game was in '76. I'd have been 22. Pretty sure I was in my teens...

No not that game @MadAmster, Fagin out of the picture by then, Pretty sure away fans couldn't get round the back in 76

2 hours ago, old tray boy said:

the view could be crap if you got wedged near a pillar

My Dad once went crazy as we were leaving the ground at the end of the match. "Look, look, there's the corner flag, I've never seen that before".

And that was from the Ley stand.

Prefer the BBG to places like West Ham's new stadium where you need binoculars to see the pitch.

14 minutes ago, GB SPORTS said:

I think it was October 71, as it was the same day as my Birthday.(09/10/71).

I don't think you're to far away GB 👍

Fagin long gone, O'Reilly was the one that held it together at the Charity Shield in 75 until the Derbyshire Miners came out to play on the car park ☺️ 

47 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

I don't think you're to far away GB 👍

Fagin long gone, O'Reilly was the one that held it together at the Charity Shield in 75 until the Derbyshire Miners came out to play on the car park ☺️ 

Bloody hot day that was. Some numpty on our coach left a can of Fanta on his seat and it had swollen up to the size of a badger after being in the sun all day, then the d******* opened it. One day I'd like to try and calculate the pressure the Fanta came out of the can. The frigging stuff went everywhere. Mind you, I wasn't too bothered as I was very, very drunk.

21 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Bloody hot day that was. Some numpty on our coach left a can of Fanta on his seat and it had swollen up to the size of a badger after being in the sun all day, then the d******* opened it. One day I'd like to try and calculate the pressure the Fanta came out of the can. The frigging stuff went everywhere. Mind you, I wasn't too bothered as I was very, very drunk.

tenor.gif?itemid=11806997 😉

Edited by Ram-Alf

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Well that's a relief. If you looked like that then, heaven knows what state you would be in now.

No. Back then I looked like Brad Pitt's better looking brother.  😃 

True story, I actually know his brother, Doug, slightly. I used to live not far from him. He lives in Springfield Missouri.